Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giant-breast-woody-allen_l.jpg
Gary Stern with Santiago Ciuffos Pinball book.jpg
walking dead instructions.jpg
There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 9 years ago

Oh no. For the first time someone used the word "zombies". Everyone knows they are "walkers". Is this really a TWD pin? Lighting and sound are going to make or break this game perhaps as much as the rules. Bad voice jobs that are not true to the spirit/mood of the series will take the lustre off for many fans of the show.

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from PBFan:

Oh no. For the first time someone used the word "zombies". Everyone knows they are "walkers". Is this really a TWD pin?

So true. Never heard the word Zombie on TWD...

#303 9 years ago

Offt Topic...
The dubbed german version calls them "Beisser"... from "to bite" (is there a word "biter"?)... actually "Jaws" from James Bond was also called "Beisser".

But the exact translation of "walker" would have been "Geher"... which would not have fit at all.

#304 9 years ago

Everyone in Maybury (the Governor) called them biters.

If anyone has played the Walking Dead video game from Telltale, that announcer voice in these latest videos sounds like Kenny (or at least someone imitating his southern-ish accent). If they really used the voice actor of Kenny in the game, I'm even more surprised the call outs don't fit mood-wise. The drama and voice overs in the Telltale game were top notch and I would have thought an actor from that would carry the same mood forward here playing essentially the same character.

#305 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Is this show known for its great acting or quotable characters? I've only seen a few episodes...and it seemed like a lot of drama and exposition. Seems like for a pinball machine the action/blood/gore/zombie killing would be the focus, and lack of the TV show narrative wouldn't hurt the game.
But I dunno, I don't know the license that well. Personally, I think the best route for licensed audio packages is liberal use of show clips +1 or 2 custom voices (preferably actors from the license). This has worked well for Spider-Man (movie clips +J.K Simmons custom), Avatar (movie clips +Stephen Lang custom), Family Guy (show clips +Seth MacFarlane custom), Simpsons, LOTR and others. That being said - POTC used nothing from the films and turned out fine. Aside from a few complaints, I think most people like the voices/narrative used for the game. Certainly didn't hurt sales.

Not having the Actors voices hurts the games sound IMHO, but I will reserve final judgement untill I play it enough.

#306 9 years ago
Quoted from mrdeline:

for those craving sound from the game, i found these just-uploaded clips - crappy video, but sound is ok.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DIAMOND738HSV

I just realized who the voice actor is doing, we're being led through the game by George W. Bush ala Saturday Night Live.

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from mrdeline:

for those craving sound from the game, i found these just-uploaded clips - crappy video, but sound is ok.
https://www.youtube.com/user/DIAMOND738HSV

Man.

That zombie head inside of the prison is a huge let down. It looks like it sits like a rock!

#308 9 years ago

If that head just attaches via a bolt and all you do is bash it, I wonder if someone could design a complete body (head included) of a zombie to replace it. Obviously it still wouldn't be to scale with the rest of the building but it might look better.

#309 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

If that head just attaches via a bolt and all you do is bash it, I wonder if someone could design a complete body (head included) of a zombie to replace it. Obviously it still wouldn't be to scale with the rest of the building but it might look better.

Or a big pack (hoard?) of zombies that are to scale and replace the head.

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

Or a big pack (hoard?) of zombies that are to scale and replace the head.

That would have made more sense IMO.

Imagine the surpsrise on the TV show if the group had a walker barn surrounded, and for some reason they opened the door... and OMG a HUGE HEAD

I admit it would be at least surprising. Terribly stoopid, but surprising.

#311 9 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Imagine the surpsrise on the TV show if the group had a walker barn surrounded, and for some reason they opened the door... and OMG a HUGE HEAD

I admit it would be at least surprising. Terribly stoopid, but surprising.

This would have been even better

giant-breast-woody-allen_l.jpggiant-breast-woody-allen_l.jpg

#312 9 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

Not to derail the thread, but it's not that hard. Just extra time and effort. It was somewhat a necessity on WOZ because for the most part we used the same coil everywhere in the game. Also it was always something I wanted to do, I had the wherewithal to do it, and it got done.
It's not exactly original. Most people know Capcom had some strength settings and timing tweaks in their games. We just kind of took it to the ultimate degree.
As to how it would be to implement on Stern games, that depends. Whitestar games would generally be a giant pain, but it is doable (LOTR for one has flipper timings for example). From my recollection of SAM (it's been 6 years now), it would depend on the kind of device you're talking about (I think flippers, for example, would be harder), but for most things where you just fire a coil it wouldn't be too hard. But, I would assume a lot of that has changed over the years and it could very well be much easier now.

Cool. Thanks for the insight!

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from phishrace:

It was before IM when they switched the slings to 50V. FGY had 50V slings.

Hmmm interesting. After some brief searching even some Whitestar games like Sopranos apparently have high power slings. I'm pretty sure games like IM and SM do not have high powered slings, so I don't think they outright switched until after IM whereas prior to that it must have been on a case by case basis?

#314 9 years ago

#t=22

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

» YouTube video

Nice to see someone with some pinball skills tackle this game. I have to say I am underwelmed with the sounds and the gameplay looks just okay and a little shallow with early code, but the animations are pretty cool but really need to jump on this machine and see what it has before any verdict can be made. Great video, thanks for sharing would be great to hear from the player to see what he thinks of this early code...

#316 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

» YouTube video

Yeah, I'm loving that! Pretty damn good at this stage.

Great job Aussies! Man I love the head slicing, noggin rolling on the dots.

Call outs, a LONG way to go….no biggie, it will work out

#317 9 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

I just realized who the voice actor is doing, we're being led through the game by George W. Bush ala Saturday Night Live.

LOL that's exactly what I thought while watching the video right now...well, the "W." stands for "Walker"

#318 9 years ago

I'm still not happy with the voice work, but at least now I chuckle when I hear it. That being said, the world of the Walking Dead should be tense and filled with action. Comedy and zombies should be saved for Zombieland and Shaun of the Dead, etc.

#319 9 years ago

Also, the guy uploaded another video:

#320 9 years ago

i will reserve judgement on this in a years time when it will be code complete, hopefully. so far i am not impressed but maybe this will be another acdc type situation where the code brings the game to life. good luck to the early gamblers.

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from mrdeline:

Also, the guy uploaded another video:

That's pretty crazy how all the lights go out when you shoot the right orbit. Makes it damn hard to pick up the ball as it comes racing back to the flippers. This looks like it's going to be a very hard game.

#322 9 years ago

I am a ramp guy and like the fact the used both ramps through back of the game like on Iron Man. Nice way to create more flow or space in the main game. That's my favorite thing so far but looks like Metallica has more potential I think even thou I am horrible at that game and want to like so much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 16.00
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

There are 322 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-video-uploading/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.