You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-838.jpg
image-885.jpg
walking-dead-dale.jpg
image-241.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zentron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago

Maybe Stern will sell a voice mod for $299 with the real actors.

#31 9 years ago

I assume a lot of folks might disagree with me but I don't think theme is as high a factor when one buys a pinball compared to other items. I have IMv and ST Pro and I don't consider myself a huge fan of either themes. With both movie franchises grossing over $1 billion there are probably a lot of huge fans and this is one of the reasons I went with the two titles compared to Metallica or Mustang for instance. If someone doesn't like Metallica its going to be hard to make them a buyer of your pin. Themes like IM/ST are more universal imo.

So, now we come to TWD which is one of the few show's my wife and I watch together religiously. You would think buying a TWD over an ST Pro which i got last week would be an easy decision but it wasn't. It was the early code and execution of the theme (with call-outs) that turned me off. If I would of bought TWD and my wife heard the voices, it would of actually of been embarrassing. I don't want to point fingers at the op but since he did open the thread I will say this. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to purchase a pin for $7500 then complain about the voices. I mean, we all knew what it sounded like and if you didn't like it you shouldn't of purchased it like me. Buying the pin validates the voices are acceptable so to me you are contradicting yourself a bit.

Hopefully the voices will be changed/improved for the sake of all of us (currently owners / possible future owners).

#44 9 years ago

Its a Catch-22, if some folks like the voices then why is Stern planning to redo/modify them? On the flip side I wouldn't buy the game expecting new code with new voices based on a pinsiders Stern buddy telling them. I'm a realist and when the code is out and I've seen videos/heard new voices then I can make a revised opinion, but obviously Im in a wait and see mode with this title.

My gut tells me the voices and code will be improved significantly, and like I mentioned I hope it does as it could make me a buyer of this pin as it has a lot of great qualities.

#71 9 years ago

The voice/call-outs are part of the show/theme's DNA. No matter how much fun it would be to play the lack of that would always make the pin feel incomplete and hokey to me.. :/

#102 9 years ago

Underlord, way to hijack this thread about the voices/call outs of TWD.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

But but but...
I DID mention big update a comin'.
Relevant to voice fix we all hope.

fair !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 8.95
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zentron.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-that-voice?tu=zentron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.