You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-838.jpg
image-885.jpg
walking-dead-dale.jpg
image-241.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 9 years ago

You can all but eliminate his voice from the game in settings. Game adjustment 101 and 102 I believe. Attenuate speech 60 and music -60 works quite well, I have found a good balance at speech 30, music -15. try it out.

#8 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

Got my TWDLE. Fun so far
Those 5 red GI bulbs need to be changed to maybe 3 amber one red and one blue.
Too much red. It doesn't look that great
The voice over work does indeed wreck this game. Please ditch the hillbilly/Alabama used car salesman. It's God damn awful. Ruins the game

What 5 GI bulbs?

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on man, that's no solution.
Then it's missing...SPEECH. On a modern, themed, officially licensed game.
Without real speech from either the shows or the actors - or at least good impersonators, acting with a sense of fear and urgency - the game feels like a generic knockoff. The speech should contribute to the dark, desperate mood and environment that we expect from the game. Instead the hokey hillbilly from BBH has wandered into it...comes off as really bizarre and I don't think just shutting down as much speech as possible is a satisfying solution to someone who is shying away from buying it.
Is the game dark and scary, or is it silly? Very schizophrenic title. Black humor might have worked in places as is the voice work really misses the target.

I found a nice balance so its not as loud but still audible. I hope they eliminate the hillbilly and add real call outs but that's doubtful so have to work with what I have. I really dig the music so I enjoy the game with no call outs also. But its not that bad, I have sold games based on the sound, music and speech being crap, TWD isn't even close to being that category. Xmen and Metallica were brutal for call outs.

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

My friend's LE arrived last weekend, and I've played about 20 games. It's Stern's standard fare - lightning quick, fast ball times (for me, at least) and fun. The callouts are just brutal though - some of the worst I've heard in any pinball. Maybe the worst. I'm a big fan of the show and would have preferred to hear voice work from the actors. To me, it's still a good game, but nothing in the least that reminds me of the Walking Dead. Rather, it simply strikes me as a generic, zombie themed pin (not a bad thing). And the music? Close to the opening score in the show...but not quite. I expect it will continue to improve with code updates. I hope.

Quite right but worst call outs go to Xmen by far, I like the generic feel. Would rather Stern did an Original Zombie theme, without having to pay for a license could have lots of extras but Sega/DE/Stern have always had that. Its a tough show to incorporate into a pin as its mostly drama, with some killing thrown in, still call outs from the show would have been better.

#52 9 years ago

I'm thinking about putting in a custom translite as they become available which would pretty much kill any connection to the show unless you watch it and understand all the stuff going on, generic zombie pin, sounds fine to me. Don't really care either way, I like the show but that's not why I bought it, its due to theme sure but wouldn't have mattered if was RE or Night of the Living dead. Anything is better than old bands, cartoons and superhero's. Love this game.

#59 9 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Wow, can't disagree with you more here. Metallica's callouts are, for the most part, great. There used to be some dumber ones ("E-lectric chair") but by now most have been reprogrammed to rarely occur. OTOH, there's so many good ones in there that get you busting out in laughter.
Shooting the snake a few times in a row and hearing "stick your finger in there.." as a response was a hoot. Sparky's comments are great ("Do it.. do it.. do iiiiiiit!!") , and the interaction between all three entities (band members, the snake and Sparky) really add to the game. Sparky: "that snake is freaking me out!" .. and later the snake saying the same about sparky. Starting electric chair and getting "Fry the motherf*cker!!" as a response.. that's pure Metallica. And then Sparky's "I'm ali-i-i-i-ive-e-e-!!" while getting fried. The emphasis on SSS by the snake.. "Sssssstop that!" Snake vomit and all the jokes there. Lars (or James?) yellong "c'mon! hurry up!" as you are failing S&D shots, and then "Metal up your ass!" when you succeed. And of course, "Jack-F*ckin' POT!" for those elusive 4x supers.
Metallica might be the perfect license, completely opposite of TWD. Not only do you get Metallica's artist doing the game art and Metallica's music in the game (even let fans choose two of the songs!), but you also get the band themselves recording dozens (if not hundreds) of custom quotes JUST for this machine. Meanwhile, TWD gets diddly squat from the license, not even canned lines from the show. So sad for TWD fans

They are the worst next to Xmen, Metallica sold out a long time ago. The pin is fun but Metallica sucks now, Slayer is the only one of the big 4 worth a damn.

#95 9 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

I have no love for any of Metallica's albums after AJFA, but Slayer's sound changed quite a bit as well, and not for the better after Seasons in the Abyss, which was like 25 years ago. No Dave Lombardo, no Slayer.
Now that Jeff Hannemen is gone they should just pack it in.

Have to disagree, Ok Seasons in the Abyss was a change but nothing even close to the Black album and then all the other crap Metallica put out, plus Slayer didn't start making video with haircuts and make up, come on man no comparison, plus Seasons was an amazing album War Ensemble, Hallowed Point, Dead Skin Mash, amazing stuff. Divine Intervention was also amazing. I agree with band member changes things can sound a bit different but they never sold out or changed the basic Slayer feel. Very surprised as a Slayer fan you don't like Seasons?

#107 9 years ago

when is you're thanksgiving, we already had ours up here.

#112 9 years ago

Shut them off if you don't like them. Its an easy fix untill they get updated or fixed via PBrowser. I have mine where you can hear the hillbilly but half the original volume so its not as bad. I don't mind the call outs for jackpot and BG is lit etc. its the terrible attempt at humour that makes me hate it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-that-voice?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.