You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-838.jpg
image-885.jpg
walking-dead-dale.jpg
image-241.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You can all but eliminate his voice from the game in settings. Game adjustment 101 and 102 I believe. Attenuate speech 60 and music -60 works quite well, I have found a good balance at speech 30, music -15. try it out.

Come on man, that's no solution.

Then it's missing...SPEECH. On a modern, themed, officially licensed game.

Without real speech from either the shows or the actors - or at least good impersonators, acting with a sense of fear and urgency - the game feels like a generic knockoff. The speech should contribute to the dark, desperate mood and environment that we expect from the game. Instead the hokey hillbilly from BBH has wandered into it...comes off as really bizarre and I don't think just shutting down as much speech as possible is a satisfying solution to someone who is shying away from buying it.

Is the game supposed to be dark and scary, or is it supposed to be silly? Very schizophrenic title. Black humor might have worked in places as is the voice work really misses the target.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm a fan TWD show, but it is a character driven drama show that has a serious cast turn over plot line.
Having the voice of a soon to be dead character featured in the game would have been a horrific decision.

No it wouldn't.

But let's say it does....that's still no excuse for importing Big Buck Hunter corny fake hick into the game.

They could EASILY have actors portraying generic walking dead TV show-type characters - like people in those webisodes they have on the AMC site. Callouts that reflect what we've come to know about the show - urgency, fear, drama.

Instead you get someone so out of place that it jars the entire thing. I've said it a couple times now...half of the game is dark, scary, and moody, and the other half is goofy (unfunny) zombie jar jar binks. That's why people are disappointed. This game's big sell is THE THEME, and instead we get Hee Haw with zombies.

People aren't getting what they signed up for and the lack of the actual actors or sound clips from the show isn't the biggest reason. The entire mood of the game isn't right. Either go Walking Dead or go Shaun of the Dead - But you better go one way or the other you better get it right. So far, they haven't.

#66 9 years ago

Yeah I got no problem with the Metallica callouts or sound package. That dog don't hunt if you are gonna try to defend TWD based on that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 26.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 8.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-that-voice?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.