You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-838.jpg
image-885.jpg
walking-dead-dale.jpg
image-241.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

The voice over work does indeed wreck this game. Please ditch the hillbilly/Alabama used car salesman. It's God damn awful. Ruins the game

Sadly was the reason I backed out of buying NIB, still like the game and layout, will play it on location and if code is finished up good will probably buy a used one down the road and save a few bucks. Still saddens me they didn't get actual voice clips from the show or even something custom for one or a few actors. Ruined the best theme ever for me as a total package.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It is kind of funny, we pinheads scream and complain about actors faces being used on a Backglass, but we want their voices in the game!

To me Stern doesn't even deserve to use the actors pictures on this game, it has very little actual Walking Dead in it(from the TV show whose name is plastered all over it), just jacking a license to sell the game without really using the depth it offers with the actors, sounds, emotions from the show. Don't care whose fault it is to me it is a fail for both AMC and Stern to not give it the justice it deserves for one of the best shows ever on TV to me and huge fan of the comic the roots are from. They want to sell a well walker and bicycle girl as the main points, sweet those were related to about 2 total minutes of the show. I could go on and on, doesn't matter it is what it is, hope the code makes the game good down the road and they make the callouts as least bearable to listen to and add to the excitement, the game will never be great to me as a huge piece will always be missing. It's a bummer.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Quite right but worst call outs go to Xmen by far, I like the generic feel.

While I don't LOVE the X-men call outs tough they are not "tied" to an expectation because it is based off a comic and not a specific show or movie. There have obviously been 100s of different movies, shows, cartoons, all with different voices so there wasn't a set expectation for what they could sound like, they had the freedom to make their own. Which while I don't think it would have worked, the parallel would have been if Stern made The Walking Dead pinball based off the comic, then they could use their own voices cause there is not a set standard(that being said though the show is wildly more popular so even then I think people would associate the comic characters with the show characters and had expectations).

Opinions will differ like with anything but a true fan of The Walking Dead show is smearing lipstick on the pig if they try and justify why not having the voices from the show is beneficial or at least some voice work even if custom from a few actors.(cause they might die or it makes it more timeless- I call BS).

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Hasn't it already been established that the game code contains all sorts of alternate call-outs from sound alikes? So we're just waiting at this point.

Listen to them on pinball browser while many are a small step better, not impressed still. Remains to be seen which ones are integrated cause there was a ton or if more are added. You can tell they were aiming for some "sound-a-likes" but failed miserable IMO. But that being said the new voices were better than Slappy Happy Hick but that isn't saying much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 55.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 26.95
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bemmett.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-that-voice?tu=bemmett and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.