You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-838.jpg
image-885.jpg
walking-dead-dale.jpg
image-241.jpg
There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 9 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

hear is the voice overs we need for Walking Dead
» YouTube video

LOL

#102 9 years ago

Underlord, way to hijack this thread about the voices/call outs of TWD.

#103 9 years ago

What, there's some truth to the Jaws rumor? that is wild.

#104 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Underlord, way to hijack this thread about the voices/call outs of TWD.

But but but...

I DID mention big update a comin'.

Relevant to voice fix we all hope.

#105 9 years ago

Next code update is Thanksgiving week.

#106 9 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Next code update is Thanksgiving week.

Can you confirm the source? Voice work updates?

#107 9 years ago

when is you're thanksgiving, we already had ours up here.

#108 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Can you confirm the source? Voice work updates?

Source is confirmed , but content of update is at sterns discretion.

#109 9 years ago

Finally played this. Voice isn't that bad. When he's talking it's not that exaggerated. When he's excited or yelling he sounds like George W.

#110 9 years ago

I could be wrong, but my impression after listening to Gary Stern's presentation at the Free Pinball Florida event this weekend in Orlando, is that as far as the voice/call outs, there are no plans to change. According to Stern it does not affect game play, and internationally is moot because many countries that buy games don't speak English. I would not get my hopes up. I own a Pro TWD. I really like this pin, except for the voice call outs, but I'm not optimistic after hearing Gary speak yesterday.

#111 9 years ago

Well it's ok by me, I can live with it as long as the code is great and i know it will be with Lyman, its already a blast to play.

I wouldn't change my decision for a second in getting the LE as a preorder because I think its great but I won't be doing it again with Stern because of BS like this and other options coming out. How hard can it be to update voice work to make it better?

Anxious to see what DP and Heighway will do with TBL and Alien. Maybe they will set a new standard.

#112 9 years ago

Shut them off if you don't like them. Its an easy fix untill they get updated or fixed via PBrowser. I have mine where you can hear the hillbilly but half the original volume so its not as bad. I don't mind the call outs for jackpot and BG is lit etc. its the terrible attempt at humour that makes me hate it.

#113 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

But but but...
I DID mention big update a comin'.
Relevant to voice fix we all hope.

fair !

#114 9 years ago

Whew! Dodged a criticism bullet on that one.

#115 9 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

I'll give you that - but at least the brutal MET callouts are bolstered by a great soundtrack.

also at least Metallica callouts were done by the actual band members, not some cheesy Dr Dude style "headbangers" making goofy callouts - imagine just how brutal that would be.

we are making a trip to Houston next week and hope to fit in checking out The Walking Dead firsthand if time permits (7 MD appts across 3 days between myself and my wife plus labs / testing, not sure we will make it to Joystix this time around though it's only 10min from the medical district).

2 weeks later
#116 9 years ago

have the call outs in TWD gotten better with the last update?

#117 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

have the call outs in TWD gotten better with the last update?

When heard in person I didn't think they were nearly as bad as people here were making them out to be...

#118 9 years ago

Yeah, TigerLaw is right. They're not great, but the game gets so nuts you don't notice them like you do in the youtube videos (at least I don't). That said, the last update did add a few new ones I believe. I randomly and only once heard a "Hershelesque" voice that definitely wasn't the hillbilly.

Edit: And I say randomly because I can't remember what was going on in the game, if it was the start, etc.

#119 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

When heard in person I didn't think they were nearly as bad as people here were making them out to be...

I'd have to disagree based on playing the pro on location. The callouts are every bit as bad as I had read about (and heard on the various game play videos).

#120 9 years ago

Once the game gets going with stacked multiballs, he's just white noise. Not a big deal at all.

#121 9 years ago
Quoted from ozno:

I think Stern will fix this. It's a cheap fix. If they don't, I am boycotting Stern and I'm not kidding. So many options these days.

Why would they fix it? They didn't "fix" TF, BDK, or X-Men...and X-Men didn't even have live-action actors to voice-match. Sometimes Stern knocks it out of the park in the voice dept. (TSPP, LOTR, Spidey, FGY, Avatar) and sometimes they blow it.

#122 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Why would they fix it? They didn't "fix" TF, BDK, or X-Men...and X-Men didn't even have live-action actors to voice-match. Sometimes Stern knocks it out of the park in the voice dept. (TSPP, LOTR, Spidey, FGY, Avatar) and sometimes they blow it.

so true. I thought POTC was pretty spot on too.

#123 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

so true. I thought POTC was pretty spot on too.

POTC is probably the best example of a modern pin with zero talent from the movie. Jack Sparrow sounds like Jack Sparrow, and the other characters are fun. The examples I gave are "real" voices from the license mixed with clips from the movie/show.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 8.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-that-voice/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.