Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Pdxmonkey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Having a few issues . Wondering if anyone else is having the same and if any suggestions to fix ?

1) Plunger/ Pinball launch .
It seems about 40 % of the time the ball hits the area about mid point of ejection ( where the ball comes in for Woodberry/ Extra Ball ) and stops dead upon ejection , rolls back to the plunger actuating the automatic ball ejector . There goes my skill shot .

- Sometimes the auto ejector will try to eject the ball 4-5 times with the ball hitting the wall ( where the ball comes in for Woodberry/ Extra Ball ) . It seems to catch the corner of the metal wall . It is getting very annoying . Maybe the plunger needs adjustment ?

2) Well walker hits register about 70% of the time .

3) When prison doors are open , the zombie head hits register only about 75- 80 % of the time .

This is my first pinball machine , and I am not very experienced as of yet with the technical lingo and all , but I am getting there . Thanks .

#2 9 years ago

Great game TWD. I am also a newb to pinball so I can't tell you what is going on with your plunger or how to adjust your well walker and prison zombie underneath the playfield. I have read that others have made adjustments to the prison head and well walker in passing and it made all their frustrations with them not registering hits go away. I have yet to run across a how to with pictures or I would point you in the right direction. But I can tell you to do what I did. Pull the glass and with the game on hold the ball and roll the ball into those targets (prison doors open) and you will get a sense of how it must be hit to register. Now do the same with your finger with out a ball to register hits. Once it became apparent to me what I needed to do 'in game' to register hits all my frustration went away.

Still, it would be nice if an experienced owner of the game could story board a how to with pictures to make a calibration type adjustment for those two targets with the playfield up. It would be nice for new people with a TWD like you and I. Reading how to do it is one thing (which I haven't discovered yet) but pictures is a whole 'nother level of understanding. ...And to hope for a video... OH MY GOD!

#3 9 years ago

Don't have TWD, but the plunger is a known issue with newer Sterns. Yes, an adjustment is needed there.

#4 9 years ago

My Plunger is not aligned so the tip of the plunger strikes the ball squarely it hits the side of the ball, I am going to call Stern and see what they say. I have had god luck with their Tech Service.

#5 9 years ago

1.) same as mine, if you look down at it you'll notice the plunger doesn't strike the ball in the center.
You have to screw the whole housing from inside the cab and move it and re-screw.
Not hard or time consuming but annoying none the less.

#6 9 years ago

2.) and 3.) are switch adjustments, easy too
You're going to have to left the playfeild after you take the balls out, have you gotten that far yet?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-pro-various-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.