Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by jam_
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

twd_r_list (resized).png
twd_r_diag (resized).png
twd_r_diag (resized).png

#1 1 year ago

Hi, sorry for posting this. I searched and searched but couldn't find anything definitive.

Has anyone replaced ALL the rubber rings in their Walking Dead Pro machine? (TWD) I have used the list in the manual, and it is so far out of whack it is not funny. An absolute disgrace. I think I have wasted nearly 200 buckaroonies on useless rubbers.

If anyone has replaced them all and has a list that is so much better than the factory one, I would really appreciate it. I think I have most of em, but some are a little confusing.

Thanks in advance.

5 months later
#2 1 year ago

I recently replaced all the playfield rings on my pro, and this is the updated diagram I came up with. Note this is exactly what shipped from the factory on the table, but manufacturing/assembly is not without faults. I'd be interested to hear if this differs from anyone else's OEM setup, particularly at the pops exit size 8 ring.

twd_r_diag (resized).png

#3 1 year ago

I ordered a rubber replacement kit from Marcos and just about everything fit perfectly. You might want to check that out. They also sent a sizing kit, that helped tremendously.

1 year later
#4 4 months ago

After some time on the machine and examining the wear, the pop exit ring was definitely supposed to be a 7. Corrected diagram below:

twd_r_diag (resized).png
#6 4 months ago

You say here you go tuna_delight - but which one are you referring to?

I am looking to order a kit from TITAN for these, but unsure which one to go for.

#7 4 months ago
Quoted from JamesUK:

You say here you go tuna_delight - but which one are you referring to?
I am looking to order a kit from TITAN for these, but unsure which one to go for.

Take your pick (click on each for a breakdown). These are provided for reference as far as what colors others have used as well as which specific sizes and quantities are required (which is what I had understood you"re looking for).

FWIW, I used clear rubbers on my TWD, but it's a Premium and has varying GI colors.

#8 4 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Take your pick (click on each for a breakdown). These are provided for reference as far as what colors others have used as well as which specific sizes and quantities are required (which is what I had understood you"re looking for).
FWIW, I used clear rubbers on my TWD, but it's a Premium and has varying GI colors.

There are different sizes and QTYs for in each of the 4 lists. Also looking to rerubber a Pro so this thread came up at the right time.

#9 4 months ago
Quoted from jam_:

After some time on the machine and examining the wear, the pop exit ring was definitely supposed to be a 7. Corrected diagram below:
[quoted image]

What is the size key you are referencing to determine size?

#10 4 months ago

Aye yi yi

#11 4 months ago

FatPanda, the rubber size key is on page 34 of the manual. Of course, like the diagram, it's also wrong on quantities. The corrected list is below. Note the number of size 14 rings doesn't match the number of boxes on the diagram, because the outlane posts use 2 each. Don't forget the shooter tip, which isn't on this page.

twd_r_list (resized).png
#12 4 months ago

jamesuk I added a Titan kit for the correct OEM setup (had been meaning to after I made my last purchase). Full disclosure, Titan gives me store credit if you buy my kit:

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/951

You may want to add spares for the slings, or other high wear spots.

I have Titans on my game right now - note that they are *very* grippy, so shots have a lot more spin than stock rings.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
$ 26.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Cleveland, OH
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 14.95
$ 16.00
$ 199.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belle Chasse, LA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 16.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 199.99
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
Tallahassee, FL
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside