Walking Dead Pro or Premium/LE

By whoknowsgoi

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

with this game is it worth going premium/LE or is pro sufficient...i generally get the full games but this one it seems like the pro is fine...

#2 8 years ago

Premium or LE

The pro doesn't have few nice options like cross bow, bicycle girl, 2nd magnet and drop target at extra ball shot .

#3 8 years ago

I like the Premium/LE as most of the extra features do affect gameplay...

- Well Walker Magnet
- 2 spinners
- Extra Drop target
- Crossbow
- Zombie Bombs - using fire button on lockdown bar
- Bicycle Girl lift ramp
- Color Coded insert lights and Lighting is also nice to have

IMO TWD has more gameplay differences (not bling) than most other games.

10 months later
#4 7 years ago

Zombie bombs is not available with the pro?

#5 7 years ago

nope

#6 7 years ago

what are zombie bombs? i can't see what it is on the stern game features?
thanks

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I like the Premium/LE as most of the extra features do affect gameplay...
- Well Walker Magnet
- 2 spinners
- Extra Drop target
- Crossbow
- Zombie Bombs - using fire button on lockdown bar
- Bicycle Girl lift ramp
- Color Coded insert lights and Lighting is also nice to have
IMO TWD has more gameplay differences (not bling) than most other games.

^Agree^ If the budget allows, go premium. Walker/Zombie bombs make a big difference. Either version is a great game.

#8 7 years ago

walker? you mean magnet and exposed guts?

what about the zombie bombs, i don't know what it is. thanks

#9 7 years ago

The Pro is great...but Walking Dead is so amazingly good that you are going to likely want to keep in for a long, long time. So I would recommend just on that basis on having the best version of the game.

So go premium.

Here is a link to more of my thoughts on the game:

http://gameroomblog.com/reviews/2015-pinball-machine-of-the-year

#10 7 years ago

As a Pro owner, I can say that I am extremely satisfied with this version of the game.

I went through the same debate when deciding which version to get.

My thoughts:

What the Pro has over the Premium/LE:
The left ramp is much smoother without the lifting flap (and the BG mode is better with ramp loops vs another bash toy), $2k less expensive
I was not crazy about the crossbow toy, and I like the crossbow feature on the Pro better (faster, just as challenging)

What the Premium/LE has over the Pro:
The spinners add a great sound, lighting, and scoring effect
The walker bombs are clutch when going deep in the game.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from BigBangBack:

The walker bombs are clutch when going deep in the game

sorry, i still don't know what it is. if you can explain me quickly? thanks

#12 7 years ago

I thought long and hard on it and played both before deciding on the Pro (mostly so I could afford the Ghostbusters Premium too).

The crossbow is fun, but not a huge deal... mostly I will miss the second magnet and zombie bombs. Not a big fan of bicycle girl.

Also, I like the colors for the (otherwise identical) cabinet art on the Pro waaaaaay more than the Premium (though LE has the best package, so if you can find one locally and want to show off the cabinet that'd be the one to get).

If I can find a good deal on the LE in a few years, I will probably trade/sell the Pro.

The important thing is you'll have fun with either model (and even if you get the Pro, many people like it more than non-WD Premium and LE models, so you are getting a lot of bang for your buck).

#13 7 years ago

yes, you collect "bombs" from the 3 bank of drop targets, and can use them at any point to cash in hits on the Well Walker (Food) and Prison (First Aid). So for example, if you know you are one hit away from starting either multiball and have a "bomb" saved up, you can cash it in quickly if you lose your ball and go right in to multiball. Similar to the VIP pass in AC/DC

These are also very valuable in the Horde mode, as I believe the Weapon drops will give you bombs that can be cashed in throughout the mode. Very handy if you are having trouble hitting the Riot or Tunnel shots and are running out of time.

#14 7 years ago

I have a pro and couldn't be happier. It will never leave my collection I can tell you that much. Its so much fun that its unbelievable. I do think the cabinet art (color actually) looks much nicer on the Premium and you also get the color changing LED's which is nice too. I changed out some of the white LED's on my pro and it looks amazing compared to how it did out of the box.

I played a Premium and honestly didn't find the crossbow to be a big deal. I honestly can't say about the walker bombs, I hear that they are very cool, but I didn't play the Premium enough to find out truthfully. I would say if money is no object get the Premium, but if you want to save a few bucks just get the Pro. You won't be disappointed I guarantee you.

#15 7 years ago

I played the LE but not enough like u to see these walker bombs.
I just found the pin difficult to play, with lots of drains (especially from prison magnet and outlanes) but i have an idea ( with mods) to reduce them. I thought modes were triggered with the 3 left drops, and now i understand that this is not the only aim to hit them. Theses drops are also difficult to hit.

So If i go to a TWD i think it will be a premium even If i don't really like the lift ramp and the crossbow. The walker bombs seems to be great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 8.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-pro-or-premiumle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.