Walking Dead Premium vs Aerosmith? Which would you rather have?

By teddyb73

6 months ago

Stats

• 39 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Guinnesstime
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Michael-Scott-The-Office-Thats-What-She-Said-Meme (resized).jpg

#1 6 months ago

I been wanting a Walking Dead Premium for ever and finally got one but here is the problem..

Played Aerosmith at Pinfest and love it! I played 10 games on it and had a blast.
When I play Walking Dead it takes me 6 games to have one good game and it kicks my ass and I'm pissed.

What would you guys do?

#2 6 months ago

No matter the question, the answer is always TWD Premium....

#3 6 months ago

LOL at the above post. TWD is epic, but it's a hard pin, so it isn't for everyone. AS does what it does very well, and the art is awesome to most. Plus, if you like the game play and theme it's even better.

Theme is important to many people, and often the biggest consideration. So start running with that.

After theme considerations, these two games play notably differently (so it should make it easier to see what you prefer). TWD with its difficulty and truly epic coding and depth really starts to stand out with huo owners who play a lot and/or have skill (aka much of pinside). TWD at this point is one of Stern's best pins released in 15 years. But its theme and play isn't for everyone.

There is no "right" answer. Both pins will have their happy fans and owners.

My observations are that the masses here will prefer TWD, if that matters.

#4 6 months ago

R U talking about Aerosmith Premium?

#5 6 months ago

Both great - but TWD is very tough. I could pick either one, and if you're more of an average player I could see Aerosmith being more fun for you. I'd go for the Aerosmith if that's how you feel - it's a great game.

#6 6 months ago

Aerosmith Pro or Premium. I played both at the show. The upper playfield really didn't impress me. Thanks for the feedback so far. I'm glad I made some people laugh. I own and love Spider-Man. It's my style of pin and my favorite. Don't get me wrong I like Walking Dead, but the fun factor seems to be lacking for me.

#7 6 months ago

I had a twd pro and had an AS LE and now AS prem. Twd is a harder game. I got pist when they announced a premium later on. Aerosmith has a lot to offer compared to twd in my opinion. Both great games.

#8 6 months ago

TWD by a mile

#9 6 months ago

I have tried to like TWD on many occasions, but just could not get into the game. That being said, given the rave reviews, I feel it is a pin I must own. I am wondering if when I finally get one, I will end up with buyers remorse. Some games click, some games don't and it's different for everyone. I actually love my Kiss and think it's a blast to play and shoot! I had that feeling from the first game I played on it........TWD has never given me that feeling.

#10 6 months ago

I bought an ASLE a few weeks ago. Love it. But TWD is one of my all time favs.
You need to figure out a strategy to get to Horde, and practice it.
Horde mode is incredible. One of the best modes in any pin I've ever played.
I expect I'll sell AS in far less time than I owned TWD, but both are phenomenal games.
So I suggest playing the snot out of TWD, and getting an AS in a year.

#11 6 months ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Aerosmith Pro or Premium. I played both at the show. The upper playfield really didn't impress me.

Long term I think you'll appreciate the upper PF.

But as to which one to go for, AS is super fun and looks and feels light years ahead of TWD. TWD is super tough - like piss you off hard, but when you have a great game theres nothing like it. The Lyman ruleset is just clever. AS you just have fun everytime you play it. AS is still hardish because of Borg's layout, but no where near as brutal as TWD. The code is solid, but isn't goundbreaking.

It would be hard to choose until Ive had more time with AS. Right now, they compliment each other well - one for fun, one when I feel like fighting. AS is like sugar, TWD is like steak (or more likely raw flesh )

#12 6 months ago

Thanks for all of the input. I'm going to end up getting an Aerosmith.

#13 6 months ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Thanks for all of the input. I'm going to end up getting an Aerosmith.

Lol. Well at least you gave it an hour's worth of consideration.

#14 6 months ago

Good get an AS!

If you get your butt kicked you at least want to have fun. AS is not TWD in difficulty, but not an easy game, but AS is soooo fun! It is ok to have fun playing pinball. Enjoy it and enjoy your $325 saving not having to buy a Color DMD.

Wait are you selling your TWD or adding on to it?

#15 6 months ago

Going to most likely sell it.

#16 6 months ago

Tough call cause Aerosmith is a fun playing machine.

I vote walking dead strictly based on code.

#17 6 months ago

To me what is refreshing about AS is that no one is buying it based on prerelease hype or based on theme. Although the game may have the best art on a pin ever. Yes, ever! Donnie hit it out of the park. Also the LCD is really a good size and just works on the game and it awesome. No mo $425 color DMD's on the new sterns! Folks just walk up to AS with low or no expectations, hit start and play it then play it again and again. They ask around a little bit about the pin, do a little research and then buy and enjoy. Totally new way to buy a game for a lot of folks, but it is the way it should be. I am speaking from experience.

AS a genuine pinball buying experience. Super fun! Enjoy it!

#18 6 months ago

I do like the LCD on AS, but the game is just ok, reminds me or acdc, good flow but pretty bland - Id take TWD any day over it.

#19 6 months ago

The best part about TWD is that is kicks your ass again and again until you finally conquer it.

If you are willing to play it a lot to get to the point where the shots become natural then its my favorite pin ever. The one i've played the most by far.

For a fun game, LCD and also Borgy experience AS is an excellent choice too.

#20 6 months ago
Quoted from libtech:

I do like the LCD on AS, but the game is just ok, reminds me or acdc, good flow but pretty bland - Id take TWD any day over it.

I agree. I love the ramps on TWD. Im really considering passing on the ACDC vault to pick up a TWD premium....

#21 6 months ago

Twd premium

#22 6 months ago

I have owned both and twd is great for its code but Aerosmith is a much better shooter and a lot more fun. Aerosmith all the way

#23 6 months ago

If you are already frustrated with TWD then it will only get worse when you have it at home. It has great code but otherwise is not a great game. I enjoy mine and Lyman made a lot out of nothing in my opinion. AS is solid all around. It's still a Borg so a few cheap drains are part of the package but it's a better shooting game. I own both and think AS is a better game.

#24 6 months ago

A. Twd
B. Aerosmith
C. A poll that works.

#25 6 months ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

C. A poll that works.

Michael-Scott-The-Office-Thats-What-She-Said-Meme (resized).jpg

#26 6 months ago

I own TWD Pro and a AS Pro and as much as I love my AS.....and I really do love it a lot, if I had to let one go it would have to be AS because TWD is just a better game IMO. Both games are amazing though and keepers for life.

#27 6 months ago

If both games had a DMD then TWD by a mile. Since AS has a very nice LCD then TWD by a half mile.

#28 6 months ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Good get an AS!
If you get your butt kicked you at least want to have fun. AS is not TWD in difficulty, but not an easy game, but AS is soooo fun! It is ok to have fun playing pinball. Enjoy it and enjoy your $325 saving not having to buy a Color DMD.
Wait are you selling your TWD or adding on to it?

I found AS very easy and bland rules wise. I love the theme and music but got tired of 20-30min games 300mil+ scores (was factory set to medium and no extra balls except for after 3 songs) and eventually sold for a Star Trek. I would have gone for a TWD but it's not really kid and wife friendly.

#29 6 months ago

As TWD has a steeper learning curve, AS could be more fun in the short-term.

However, I think TWD will have more longevity interest-wise.

#30 6 months ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

As TWD has a steeper learning curve, AS could be more fun in the short-term.
However, I think TWD will have more longevity interest-wise.

couldn't get rid of my WD fast enough.

#31 6 months ago
Quoted from freddy:

couldn't get rid of my WD fast enough.

To each his own - my TWD isn't going anywhere as it just keeps getting more enjoyable to play.

#32 6 months ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

If both games had a DMD then TWD by a mile. Since AS has a very nice LCD then TWD by a half mile.

If Walking Dead had an LCD it would be the best pin ever produced by a full country mile.

#33 6 months ago

TWD is the best pin I have ever purchased. Bought the premium NIB. Once you get that thing set up and learn how to play it you won't be able to stop playing it. I find it hard to put some time on any of my other machines. First NIB purchased for me. It will be with me for quite a long time.

#35 6 months ago

First I'm not that good of a player.
Second TWD is one of the themes banned in my household. So that leaves Aerosmith.

#36 6 months ago

Sassafras......

IF TWDLE had an LCD i would think about living in my garage on a cot right next to it.

Just kidding BUT that is how HUGE the miss potential was for one of the greatest pins ever.

DMD's suck and for that reason, get ASLE.

#37 6 months ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sassafras......
IF TWDLE had an LCD i would think about living in my garage on a cot right next to it.
Just kidding BUT that is how HUGE the miss potential was for one of the greatest pins ever.
DMD's suck and for that reason, get ASLE.

I disagree. I think the ColorDMD on TWDLE is superior to anything Stern has done on an LCD. Have you seen it? It really looks incredible! Yeah it would be nice if it was the larger size, but it still is great.

#38 6 months ago

I've put about 25 or so games on Aerosmith and used to play TWD all the time in leagues. I decided last week to purchase a new pin and ended up with a NIB TWD. Don't get me wrong, Aerosmith is a cool machine. LCD screen, a neat little toybox, but in the end, it reminded me of Kiss. Start a song, shoot the lit shots and go for multiball.

Aerosmith is a great game, but nothing about it leaves me yelling at the machine and always being just "one shot" away from something awesome.

When I first started playing TWD, I honestly didn't like it, but we had one in leagues, so I didn't have a choice. Once I started putting games on it, I realized just how great it is. I think it has a great balance of being intuitive for people that don't play much but in depth enough for people that want to put up crazy high scores.

If you're a casual player, there is the standard "bash the toys and get multiball" approach. If you're a more competitive player, there is always the "save your X for the last CDC shot" or the "Stack Blood Bath, with Riot and Prison". I always walk away saying to myself, "If I just wouldn't have bricked that 7x shot to the CDC ramp while it was lit for end of mode and multikill."

I just can't get enough of that game!

#39 6 months ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I've put about 25 or so games on Aerosmith and used to play TWD all the time in leagues. I decided last week to purchase a new pin and ended up with a NIB TWD. Don't get me wrong, Aerosmith is a cool machine. LCD screen, a neat little toybox, but in the end, it reminded me of Kiss. Start a song, shoot the lit shots and go for multiball.
Aerosmith is a great game, but nothing about it leaves me yelling at the machine and always being just "one shot" away from something awesome.
When I first started playing TWD, I honestly didn't like it, but we had one in leagues, so I didn't have a choice. Once I started putting games on it, I realized just how great it is. I think it has a great balance of being intuitive for people that don't play much but in depth enough for people that want to put up crazy high scores.
If you're a casual player, there is the standard "bash the toys and get multiball" approach. If you're a more competitive player, there is always the "save your X for the last CDC shot" or the "Stack Blood Bath, with Riot and Prison". I always walk away saying to myself, "If I just wouldn't have bricked that 7x shot to the CDC ramp while it was lit for end of mode and multikill."
I just can't get enough of that game!

Good summary. Pretty much sums up my feelings too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
4,950 (OBO)
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Los Altos, CA
€ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Note: This is an old thread. The last post was made to it 198 days ago. Resurrecting old threads is not necessarily a bad thing, if you think the topic is still relevant and/or your post is beneficial to it (e.g. following up on something). In other cases, it might be better to create a new topic.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside