• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by tomtest
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Hello all,

I have a WD Premium that is acting strangely. When pressing the start button to start a new game, the prison targets start firing without even plunging the ball, PRISON spells out on its own after about 15 seconds. It seems that if I reseat the ribbon cable that connects the main two circuit boards in the backbox, the problem goes away every 20 games or so, then the problem starts all over again.

Ive replaced the ribbon cable once already and that did nothing to solve the problem. It seems that the sensor in front of the prison house is clean with out any obstructions breaking the beam. No technician alerts display when I go into the system menu.

I have absolutely no idea how to fix this problem, please help!

Thanks!

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from SkillshotExhibit:

Hello all,
I have a WD Premium that is acting strangely. When pressing the start button to start a new game, the prison targets start firing without even plunging the ball, PRISON spells out on its own after about 15 seconds. It seems that if I reseat the ribbon cable that connects the main two circuit boards in the backbox, the problem goes away every 20 games or so, then the problem starts all over again.
Ive replaced the ribbon cable once already and that did nothing to solve the problem. It seems that the sensor in front of the prison house is clean with out any obstructions breaking the beam. No technician alerts display when I go into the system menu.
I have absolutely no idea how to fix this problem, please help!
Thanks!

Bad opto switch in front of prison doors?

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Bad opto switch in front of prison doors?

Thanks, how would I test that? should an alert show up in the menu?

#4 6 years ago
Quoted from SkillshotExhibit:

Thanks, how would I test that? should an alert show up in the menu?

Go to the switch test under diagnostics and pass an object, ball or your finger between the 2 optos. Make sure it registers every single time.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

Go to the switch test under diagnostics and pass an object, ball or your finger between the 2 optos. Make sure it registers every single time.

Excellent, will try that, thank you!

#6 6 years ago

I had this same problem come up on mine not too long ago. The solder on the receiver opto had broke and was touching the metal rail. I soldered the wire back on and put a piece of electrical tape over the back of the opto board. Been working 100% ever since.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Jakers:

I had this same problem come up on mine not too long ago. The solder on the receiver opto had broke and was touching the metal rail. I soldered the wire back on and put a piece of electrical tape over the back of the opto board. Been working 100% ever since.

I believe this was an issue with Stern a year or so ago(or a fellow pinsider), that it was being grounded on the rail.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-premium-prison-targets-fire-on-their-own and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.