New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 182363)

Walking Dead Premium Drop targets and prison multi-ball go haywire at start.

By SkillshotExhibit

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by SkillshotExhibit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 3 years ago

Hi all,

I have a walking dead premium that is firing drop targets at the start of each game. The targets fire repeatedly at the same sequence, the left drop target coil fires three times, then the right coil fires once. There is a pause for about 10 seconds or so and then the firing starts all over again. For a little while this was happening and prison multiball also automatically started up along with the automatic ball launch. Basically the game was going crazy right at the push of the start button, however now just the drop targets are firing. I ran through a coil test and everything was running just fine. I checked the wires in the back box and underneath the playfield and everything seems to be plugged in tight. I have no idea where to start with this, any ideas?

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from SkillshotExhibit:

Hi all,
I have a walking dead premium that is firing drop targets at the start of each game. The targets fire repeatedly at the same sequence, the left drop target coil fires three times, then the right coil fires once. There is a pause for about 10 seconds or so and then the firing starts all over again. For a little while this was happening and prison multiball also automatically started up along with the automatic ball launch. Basically the game was going crazy right at the push of the start button, however now just the drop targets are firing. I ran through a coil test and everything was running just fine. I checked the wires in the back box and underneath the playfield and everything seems to be plugged in tight. I have no idea where to start with this, any ideas?

Is anything showing activated in the switch test? May give a clue what to trace.

#3 3 years ago

Check switches 9, 10, 11, and 48. Those are the drop target switches according to your manual, page 4.

Need a little more information to help you much. If you have the glass off and manually activate the drop targets do they show correctly in the switch test? When the coil is firing, are the targets returning to the up position and do they read correctly in the switch test after they come up?

2 weeks later
#4 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Check switches 9, 10, 11, and 48. Those are the drop target switches according to your manual, page 4.
Need a little more information to help you much. If you have the glass off and manually activate the drop targets do they show correctly in the switch test? When the coil is firing, are the targets returning to the up position and do they read correctly in the switch test after they come up?

Hi all, thanks for your help on this. Well, I thought I had this problem fixed but nope. Here's what happens. I turn the machine on, press start, two different things are happening- Sometimes after pressing start, Prison Multiball starts immediately, without even pulling the plunger. Other times even before pressing start the drop targets fire in a sequence, the solenoid on the left target bank fires three times, then the solenoid on the spinner drop target fires once, then the cycle starts again, all while the auto fire fires the ball and Prison multiball starts immediately. Its like the game is loosing its mind!

Ive cycled through the switch test a few times and have seen no warnings. No technician warnings appear at all, everything seems normal. Sometimes when I go through the switch test, cycle through everything and then attempt to play a game, everything seems normal for about 5 minutes or so then goes back to the same BS.

#5 3 years ago

I'm wondering if it could be possible for the prison opto switches to be causing the problem even though I don't see any alerts in the switch test

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside