• Latest reply 8 years ago by Lermods
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160404_104253_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

I was giving my WD pro a wipe down and noticed metallic dust around the pops, here is the culprit,
Anyone else noticed this?

20160404_104253_(resized).jpg20160404_104253_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

Mine on location does this. The head of the post looks like a Hershey's kiss as it was loose and spinning around and the ring has worn a notch out of it. Appears to be a common issue as I have seen it on another on location.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks guys, I have put another rubber ring to double them up so it hits the top ring now.

#5 8 years ago

All three of my WD have this issue. Plus my WD LE had the bicycle girl ramp issue.

I just don't understand how these EXTREMELY obvious flaws/defects/issues get ignored during game development. Do they not actually play the machines they produce???

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from ExtremePinball:

All three of my WD have this issue. Plus my WD LE had the bicycle girl ramp issue.
I just don't understand how these EXTREMELY obvious flaws/defects/issues get ignored during game development. Do they not actually play the machines they produce???

It affects absolutely nothing so I don't think it's a big deal, you are kinda overdramatic aren't you?

#7 8 years ago

Can you just grind the ring down a bit? What about removing the post? Or shortening the post?

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Can you just grind the ring down a bit? What about removing the post? Or shortening the post?

Yep I used a dremel on mine. Eventually it will just wear down naturally from hitting it tho.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It affects absolutely nothing so I don't think it's a big deal, you are kinda overdramatic aren't you?

No, I'm not.

The ball launching off of the ramp on WDLE does indeed "affect" game play. Metal shavings on a playfield also does indeed have an "affect".

Edited as too harsh.

#10 8 years ago

No, I'm not. What YOU think, isn't worth the electrons used in conveying the thought. And a complete lack of standards on your part, does not equate to being "overdramatic" on my part.
I'm a guy that spent over $150,000 in the last year or so on pinball machines. I buy 2-3 of every Stern & JJP pinball currently manufactured.
The ball launching off of the ramp on WDLE does indeed "affect" game play. Metal shavings on a playfield also does indeed have an "affect". Therefore, you are simply wrong.
I've read some of your posts and it appears that you enjoy getting into pissing contests with any available poster. Good luck with that.

So, I'm just meaning to help you here:

Don't let things like this get you that upset that quickly. No one cares what kind of $$ you spend on machines. That is irrelevant.

You're new here; I get that, hence why I am saying it: don't wear your feelings on your shoulder here. People for the most part mean no harm on Pinside. Sometimes, people type what they lack the courage to say to your face. Centerflank is not one of those guys, and he's not trying to pick a fight with you. You're being "trollolololol'd" or in this case, my avatar (troller coaster).

I agree with you: it does have an effect. Metal dust is not good for the clearcoat and could potentially reek havoc on a game. Simplest thing to do is get a simple tiny rubber and double them up on the post. Did this on my TWD Pro and Prem and documented it on the owner's thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-club-only-walkers-not-welcome?tq&tu=npo#post-2900573

So, to summarize:

1. Chill and go with the flow on Pinside.

2. Yes, it does affect the game. Place a 2nd rubber on the post, and all should be good (until that rubber starts to fall apart and spew rubber shards on the pop bumper body).

#11 8 years ago

No, I'm not. What YOU think, isn't worth the electrons used in conveying the thought. And a complete lack of standards on your part, does not equate to being "overdramatic" on my part.
I'm a guy that spent over $150,000 in the last year or so on pinball machines. I buy 2-3 of every Stern & JJP pinball currently manufactured.
The ball launching off of the ramp on WDLE does indeed "affect" game play. Metal shavings on a playfield also does indeed have an "affect". Therefore, you are simply wrong.
I've read some of your posts and it appears that you enjoy getting into pissing contests with any available poster. Good luck with that.

So you are saying you aren't overly dramatic?

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

So you are saying you aren't overly dramatic?

Not anymore. I do apologize. I hope you accept.

To better convey my thoughts.... Within the first 2 games of WDLE, the bicycle girl ramp problem was clearly evident. Much like the current GOTLE left orbit defect, noticeable on the first game out of the box. Both obviously affect game play to a severe degree. I would think that the professionals would play the machine they built before going into full production. At the very least, play it after production and correct problems then. But obviously, neither of those things happened, as evidenced above. While lame code is expected as it is a simple fix, issues like these are preventable. Thanks for understanding.

#13 8 years ago

Not anymore. I do apologize. I hope you accept.
To better convey my thoughts.... Within the first 2 games of WDLE, the bicycle girl ramp problem was clearly evident. Much like the current GOTLE left orbit defect, noticeable on the first game out of the box. Both obviously affect game play to a severe degree. I would think that the professionals would play the machine they built before going into full production. At the very least, play it after production and correct problems then. But obviously, neither of those things happened, as evidenced above. While lame code is expected as it is a simple fix, issues like these are preventable. Thanks for understanding.

Yes, I agree, BG ramp needed a fix fast, people had the bottom of the rivets wear through the Mylar under the ramp flap so that really blew.

My newest TWD had the fix kit installed already so they do adjust things on the fly

#14 8 years ago

Yes, i just noticed this issue on mine last week as well as the center divider in the skill shot lanes was loose. I'm guessing repeated bashing of the ball from the pops into the divider loosened it.

#15 8 years ago

The post is a good 2mm away from the pop on my premium, it is not hitting it all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.95
$ 16.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-pop-bumper-ring-is-hitting-stand-up-post and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.