• Rumor Spiderman? 2 votes
    5%
  • Prices are keeping me away? 9 votes
    23%
  • I'm happy with what I have? 4 votes
    10%

(39 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

#1 9 years ago

Are you jumping on the Walking Dead or waiting on the VE's? Rumored to be in the works

#2 9 years ago

Walking Dead! New games keep Stern Legitimate and fresh. The Vault games should be released in between release of new titles to give the team more time to develop ideas and code.

#3 9 years ago

"I'm happy with what I have"... But TWD is an exciting theme to me. So if it is fun and has really good code, I'd bring it in. And that is where I think Stern makes their biggest mistake. By the time Stern figures out if the game is popular enough to justify the coding time, and then figures out how to write it, the window is closed. How much better would Star Trek have sold if it had the current code when it was released? And it finally released just as TWD is getting set to come out??? So the people that may have said they would wait until the code is finished are already looking at the next game. Their cycle is just too long and is costing them sales. But they don't want to invest in case the game doesn't sell. They really need to figure this one out. I hope their new development system for the next platform is better so they can get some work done.

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

"I'm happy with what I have"... But TWD is an exciting theme to me.

In my case: "Prices are keeping me away"... but TWD is an exciting theme to me too!

#5 9 years ago

I'm taking a stern holiday. WOZ next. Then MMR.

#6 9 years ago

I'd go TWD simply because I have LOTR and SM. Although I won't be picking up TWD anytime soon.

#7 9 years ago
Quoted from Manbearpig:

Walking Dead! New games keep Stern Legitimate and fresh. The Vault games should be released in between release of new titles to give the team more time to develop ideas and code.

Well said!! The VE games will make Stern more efficient and ultimately allow for better games to be produced. In turn, those games will one day become VE's because they are so desirable. When they move to an LCD platform, it will take more time to program. It already does with the light shows.

#8 9 years ago

I suspect if you see a Vault Edition LOTR it'll be just ahead of JJP's Hobbit release, to undercut his sales a bit. That would seem like the smartest thing to do businesswise in my book.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-or-ve and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.