New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 89990)

Walking dead next Stern

By Hazoff

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 334 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Jasontaps
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 18 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

cannot predict now.jpg
image-105.jpg
promotional_cover_art_for_justice_league_of_america__12__by_alex_ross.jpg
giant-press-nail-board.jpg
ee7119423681bb4ee526869b4c8914f3.jpg
c5af558e295670a005afb7475e8f23ff.jpg
breaking bad 2.jpg
Slide1.jpg
master_shakes2.jpg
master_shakes1.jpg
image.jpg
Spring Pict 002.JPG
BWidow-181.jpg
ozzy_osbourne_the_ultimate_sin-300x300.jpg
Unknown.jpeg
walking_dead_banner.jpg

There are 334 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
#301 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Next 3 Games

The Walking Dead
Muppets
Iron Maiden

I heard this too from someone I consider a solid source, cant wait!

#302 6 years ago

Walking Dead yes, Muppets will end up being a redemption game, so I hear anyway.

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Cool as long as Maiden is the last one done with hopefully new technology by Stern.

#304 6 years ago

I like the idea of basing the pin off of the Walking Dead comic but my only concern is that the voice work won't be widely accepted or very good. A game based off the series with the actual audio from characters and custom audio work by one or two of actors would be a good way to go in my opinion. However, a theme based off the comic can also have a beginning and end in terms of a story based ruleset but the TV series would be more difficult since it's still being produced.

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

hank527 said:Next 3 Games
The Walking Dead
Muppets
Iron Maiden

To me, of those 3, the Muppets is the best theme, even though I'm not that familiar with the show. Some may say it's a 'childish' theme, but I think all super-hero (comic or movie) themes are more 'childish'. I don't really mind: I like to play every new Pinball, be it some band I have no interest in, superman, spiderman, avengers, etc I'm not interested in or a Mustang: I want to play them anyway! But if I'd buy a NIB, I'd want a theme that I like.

#306 6 years ago

So IF Iron Maiden is next or will eventually be made, what would be the abbreviations for Iron Maiden and Iron Man?

If this had been brought up, please forgive... I didn't read all 300+ posts.

-Steve Ridge

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from VDrums2112:

So IF Iron Maiden is next or will eventually be made, what would be the abbreviations for Iron Maiden and Iron Man?
If this had been brought up, please forgive... I didn't read all 300+ posts.
-Steve Ridge

Iron Maiden (2014) = IMS (Iron Maiden Stern)
Iron Maiden (1981) = IMC (Iron Maiden Classic)
Iron Man = IM

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I like the idea of basing the pin off of the Walking Dead comic but my only concern is that the voice work won't be widely accepted or very good. A game based off the series with the actual audio from characters and custom audio work by one or two of actors would be a good way to go in my opinion. However, a theme based off the comic can also have a beginning and end in terms of a story based ruleset but the TV series would be more difficult since it's still being produced.

So is the comic. Not sure how there can be an end to it if it hasnt been written yet.

#309 6 years ago

Technically (though not their brand) isn't MMR the next Stern title?
Should delay the actual next title I would assume.

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

lol...

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Umm.....actually no, to both.

#312 6 years ago

<blockquote="#1661754">lol...

I guess I dont have the same sense of humor as you.
Am I missing something here?

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Umm.....actually no, to both.

So your saying Stern isn't assembling these?

#314 6 years ago

No, he's just saying that MMr is not a Stern title. In other words you won't find the name Stern on MMr, hence 'no' it's not the next Stern title. But you knew that already

#315 6 years ago

WD was bumped to next spring, something about the LCD animations needing more development and they wanted it to be great as the debute of the new system. In the meantime they will be retheming Mustang as Fast and Furious for the fall and will announce another run of IM before Christmas.

... is this how rumors start?

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

WD was bumped to next spring, something about the LCD animations needing more development and they wanted it to be great as the debute of the new system. In the meantime they will be retheming Mustang as Fast and Furious for the fall and will announce another run of IM before Christmas.
... is this how rumors start?

Yes!

I would think Stern will make an announcement soon. They usually release a title in July. Give or take a month.

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from Don1:

No, he's just saying that MMr is not a Stern title. In other words you won't find the name Stern on MMr, hence 'no' it's not the next Stern title. But you knew that already

I totally understand Stern is only assembling these machines.
my post is about the assembly line I assume will be switched over to this remake as soon as the Mustang run is done.

#318 6 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

my post is about the assembly line I assume will be switched over to this remake as soon as the Mustang run is done.

Stern can assemble more than one game on their line, no need to go "full on" for any title. Also, the person refuting that has good cause to if I recall correctly, so I'm inclined to believe him.

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not 100% but the word from my local distributer is that The Walking Dead is the next stern kind of got the "wink wink" but I can't say anything type response when I asked him today.

cannot predict now.jpg

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from Jetzxi:

Muppets will end up being a redemption game,

As with most things thrown out in this thread you probably pulled this out of your butt. That said, this would make sense. Redemption is popular. One redemption game a year would be another good way for Stern to supplement their income and another reason to move to a bigger factory.

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

As with most things thrown out in this thread you probably pulled this out of your butt. That said, this would make sense. Redemption is popular. One redemption game a year would be another good way for Stern to supplement their income and another reason to move to a bigger factory.

Didn't pull it out of my butt, hence the statement.......so I hear. We will see if it's true or not soon enough I suppose.

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

One redemption game a year would be another good way for Stern to supplement their income and another reason to move to a bigger factory.

There was another pinball company that supplemented their income with gambling (aka redemption for adults) games. That didn't end up so well for us.

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Some Redemption games are really slots with target pay outs and not 100% skill.

#324 6 years ago

Simpsons kooky carnival anybody? We have one at pinballz.

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

My vote is for a Muppets pin. I would consider buying it as my first NIB. If the next release isn't Muppets I hope it's not TWD or Iron Maiden.

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Stern can switch production machines on a daily basis if they want to, but they usually rotate production for a week at a time depending on orders/demand.

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Let's get zombies over with, please..

Zombies don't die, they just multiply.

#329 6 years ago

i want to eat your brains

#330 6 years ago
Quoted from generica:

Simpsons kooky carnival anybody? We have one at pinballz.

I just finished shopping a Kooky Carnival yesterday. It consistently earns well. Lots of fun to play and getting the timing right to get spell W-I-N is definitely skill.

From my experience Stern redemption games hold up very and earn well for a long time. I'm excited to hear that Stern may be putting out another redemption game.

3 months later
#331 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Not 100% but the word from my local distributer is that The Walking Dead is the next stern kind of got the "wink wink" but I can't say anything type response when I asked him today.

I guess he was right afterall then

#332 6 years ago

Break out yer checkbooks!

'Merica!

#333 6 years ago

If I get one of these, it will be my first Stern NIB since I bought my Avatar.

Walking Dead . . . that's what I'll be tomorrow for staying up so late reading Pinside!

5 months later
#334 5 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

If this is true, I need to sell a kidney or a slightly used liver. Any takers?

Did you ever sell that kidney or liver? Lol

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 334 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside