Topic poll

“Which one would you add to this collection is it was yours?”

• Spider-man Vault Edition 9 votes
    23%
  • Walking Dead LE 31 votes
    78%

(40 votes)

#1 5 months ago

I'm torn and looking for the collective wisdom of Pinsiders.... do I pick up Walking Dead LE (or Premium - I have access to a LE) or a Spiderman Vault

To give context, my current collection is as follows: Iron Maiden Premium, AC/DC Luci Vault, Metallica Premium, Tron LE, Lord of the Rings LE, The Simpsons Pinball Party, and Monster Bash.

Fish Tales is awesome but not getting the plays I thought it would with my family so its going and one of these is coming in.

What would you do?

#2 5 months ago

TWD is one of sterns best, if not their best. TWD all the way.

#3 5 months ago

Both awesome games. If you like being upset, then TWD. If you prefer more flow, then spider man. I think TWD is the best coded game ever.

#4 5 months ago

I love Spiderman but TWD gets the blood pumping more. Looking at your collection, TWD Premium would fit in nicely. If it weren't so ugly to look at it would be sitting next to my MET. Wife doesn't like TWD.

#5 5 months ago

I’ve owned both and had Tron at the same. The similarities between Tron and Spider-Man would make me chose TWD if I were you you. We have similar taste, themes are vastly different and should be considered. TWD definitely requires the alternate call outs .

#6 5 months ago

I had this same predicament 2 years ago. I made the wrong choice and went with SMVE.

#7 5 months ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

I’ve owned both and had Tron at the same. The similarities between Tron and Spider-Man would make me chose TWD if I were you you. We have similar taste, themes are vastly different and should be considered. TWD definitely requires the alternate call outs .

I disagree with the callouts. I know a lot of people hate the announcer but I like it. And yes, I watch the show. He does a fine job.

#8 5 months ago

TWD, dark room, sound package upgrade = winner.

#9 5 months ago

TWD LE is better in my opinion.

#10 5 months ago

TWD with the sound package upgrade, by a mile.

#11 5 months ago

I’ve owned SM vault, good pin, but not even
close for me.

TWD LE is one of the best overall games to own.
Great code and with Cleland call outs, it’s my #1 pinball machine.

#12 5 months ago

Both great but I grow bored with spider man after a few games or one good one.

Walking dead is a just one more for me

#13 5 months ago

I’ve owned both. SM is long gone. TWDLE is still my go to after a hard day. Damn I love that pin!

#14 5 months ago
Quoted from brett:

I’ve owned SM vault, good pin, but not even
close for me.
TWD LE is one of the best overall games to own.
Great code and with Cleland call outs, it’s my #1 pinball machine.

100% agree with Brett.

I've owned SM twice, a fun pin, great flow but no comparison to TWD.

#15 5 months ago

I have SMVE and love it. I would also like TWD but wife said it's banned in our household with the young Grandkids.

If you don't have this problem go for it but I'm very happy with SM I usually play it first thing in morning drinking my coffee.

TWD is much harder than SM.

#16 5 months ago

TWD is very unique and fits in with your collection

#17 5 months ago

There's a Walking Dead Premium with a bunch of cool mods and add on's for $5900 on the marketplace here. I'd jump all over that before a SM VE.

#18 5 months ago

Have owned both. Still own SMv and it may never leave. TWD is a very good pin. SMv is a great pin.

For me, TWD had way too many shots that end in the useless pop bumpers, and the code relies way too much on the drop targets. Drops should have been used for either mode light or blood bath...not both. Felt like that was 75% of what I was ever shooting for. Other than that...amazing game. Those two things kept it from being a keeper for me though. That said, I would never say never for owning one again someday.

SM is one of my favorite games ever. The shots are all super satisfying and the code is fun. Nowhere near as deep as TWD, but it works perfectly with the layout. Owned a red, loved it but wanted a mint condition one. Sold it once the vault came out and was able to land one of those a few months ago. I love both forms...slightly prefer the vault, but the original as awesome too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 64.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Jacksonville, NC
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 26.95
$ 9.95
$ 14.95
$ 199.99
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 8.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 445.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside