IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_4.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53 Tutorial video. Posted by milhouse (9 years ago)

Post #78 This message at the end is normal - Update Failed, error code 8. Posted by milhouse (9 years ago)

Post #554 Walking Dead to Evil Dead Sound conversion. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #578 Ezeltmann's 1.53 versions. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#647 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here's a modified cleland sound package. 30% show sounds / 70% factory scripted.
v1.56 LE/Prem Only
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8bjh1m3eis1e2pf/TWD156LE_SKB.BIN?dl=0

Thank you for this. I was running the cleland version for a while, but the wife made me change it due to a lot of "adult" words from the show being called out (our 5 & 7 year old kids love playing it so far!), and a lot of non-gameplay related show sounds got a bit old after a while.

This version still has show sounds, but seem to be a bit more fitting to what's happening, and retains the factory call outs that fit well while playing. I wish it was a character from the show doing the call outs, but they aren't that bad. Plus this version keeps the same cool shooter Lane TWD remix intro music from the Cleland version. This will be staying on the pin for the foreseeable future- thank you!

#650 8 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Milhouse version is my favorite, I love it and won't go back!

Can you tell me why you like the Milhouse version vs Cleland or Eskaybee version? Just so I know instead of taking the time to reflash and losing my scores- thanks !

#662 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I installed Cleland's and will need more time on it. At first glance, I can tell it has more show callouts than SKB, and about the same as MH. Still not clear to me whether the sounds refer to specific shots whereas in SKBs version the factory callouts for specific shots were very clear.
For now, I am giving the edge to MH based on the fact that I like his shooter lane, woodbury and end of game music the best of all three. There basically is no woodbury music for SKB and Cleland and MH's rocks! MH's version has a bit more adult language and has an edgier feel to it overall, but I only have a few games on Cleland so far.
I want to be very clear that in no way am I criticizing these guys, they've done great work and it is very much appreciated. I'd be happy with any of these versions over the factory and am really happy we have three to choose from. Thank you all!

Regardless of versions which we prefer, the best thing out of all of this is we actually have *multiple* options to do this. I'm grateful these guys went out of their way to provide different versions and flavors of replacing the sounds. Personally I went with the SKB version because it has better game oriented call outs and less adult language for kid use.. I have music during the Woodbury shot too if I recall, maybe he updated it?

If anyone has a link to a video for the Milhouse version id love to hear the differences as it's the only one I haven't tried I think.. Thanks !!

2 months later
#708 8 years ago

We need to add Negan's Whistle to this game somehow!

#710 8 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Im using SKBs version and like it alot. It sounds more "factory" as in its not overloaded with sound bytes but uses them appropriately. I like keeping alot of the original callouts and having voice actor callouts to spice things up rather than using them just to use them.
Also am I the only one that likes the theme music remix at the beginning!? I dig it!

Yeah I love the remix music too! I also use and prefer SKB's version and have been running it since I bought the machine in January. Funny shit though- I ended up buying his STLE machine.. So I have his sound package, and his old machine now.. Cool guy too.

#713 8 years ago

Well guys.. I've spent some time today tweaking SKB's custom sound file to include Negan's whistle and some other cool stuff.. I'll be posting it here with a video shortly! I think it should freshen up the pin if you have played it for a while and are looking for a few changes...

#714 8 years ago

Here it is:

I have modified Eskaybee (SKB's) sound file, but added a few more show sounds. I've tried Cleland and Milhouse's, and they were too heavy on show sounds. This version retains a lot of factory call-outs that relate to the gameplay, but adds in quite a few show sounds that make sense to play without removing instructional call outs.

Changes from original SKB version to note:

*Changed gameplay music to a Walked Dead remix - in person the music sounds much higher quality then the original Stern mix
*Changed crossbow music
*Changed music for Woodbury shot to more upbeat music that says "Welcome to Woodbury" when it starts up
*Added various Daryl, Michonne, Abraham, Eugene and Rick callouts
*Added Negan's whistle sound when draining in outlanes (a few varients also in gameplay, but not overdone)
*Well Walker hit sound replaced with Negan's final baseball bat death-blow sound

LINK TO v1.56 MODIFIED CODE (For PREMIUM/LE machines ONLY): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23412786/TWD/TWD156LE_KPG.BIN

Here is a video of it in action:

#718 8 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I installed this file today and had to take it off right away. IMO, too much of the hillbilly guy. The weird Welcome to Woodbury is annoying and the Woodbury dance mix was a nail in the coffin.
Sorry, gave it a try. Thanks for the effort, I will stick with Cleland. So far I like it best. I may try to add some of my own including impersonations for specific call outs. Should be fun to try when I have some time.
The Negan whistle was a nice touch but needed the Abraham "Who's Negan" call out somewhere. Also why remove Dale saying "looks like we got ourselves a swimmer" with the Hillybilly original? The original voice is why so many wanted custom speech. It's terrible.

Have you ever used the SKB version of the code? It's really for the people who like his version, I just changed it up a bit. Sorry you didn't like it. Got a few PM's who loved it, maybe they'll chime in here- but those people already had SKB's version installed so they knew what they were expecting. Personally, the Cleland version has way too many low quality sound clips from the show that do not even relate to the game itself, so I lasted two days with it. I just put another option out there for those who like SKB's.

Also, why did u load it in the first place? I put a video in my post that clearly let's you hear how it sounds. You could have saved yourself time by listening to it in the video first

#720 8 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

I didnt get time to load it this weekend (didnt get a chance to even play this weekend!) But im really looking forward to checking out kpg's version.
Im a fan of SKBs so have a feeling ita goung to be great!
Ill chime back in once i get the chance to install...

No rush ! I'm actually slowly but surely adding things to it. Just uploaded a new version to that link yesterday that has some Negan clips as well. Within the next day or two I'll have even more in there, so it ultimately won't be a modified version of SKB's, but my own. It just takes a lot of time, but I'd like to get more sound clips from the recent seasons, because everyone else's versions have a lot of S1-S3 stuff with Shane, Hershel, etc.

#723 8 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I don't mind trying something different. I don't mind some of the original callouts but was hoping more of the original were replaced. I was interested in the Negan parts but only heard it briefly. Sorry but for me I can't get into the Hillybilly overkill, the Welcome to Woodbury and the dance mix parts. That's just me and my 2 cents. Not knocking it down. I appreciate everyone's efforts to improve the game experience. There's many original callouts that offer little to the game as well, I'd rather have any show callouts instead even low quality ones.

I am going to slowly add more more and more into my version, but it really does take a lot of time. I am not sure about the 'dance' parts you are referring to? I wouldn't classify anything I put in there as 'dancing' material.. maybe you can tell me what part of the video I posted you are speaking of?

#725 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Kpg, thanks for your efforts. Fwiw,
How about using millhouses woodbury music in your version? You could still have the welcome to woodbury, but I would prefer the governors regular voice, sounds a bit demonic now.
I don't care much for the remix music of the theme and prefer the stock music.
Negans outlanes whistle could be a little better.
Rest is very good.

I just uploaded a new version to my Dropbox that has a better quality Negan whistle and added sounds over the redneck guy, when did you d/l it?

I am not familiar with Milhouse's woodbury music, I would need a source to download it then change it. But, I am glad you mentioned it seems demonic now- that was the sound I was looking for

Here is the Walking Dead theme music I replaced the main TWD gameplay music with (the first 1min 23 seconds) https://soundcloud.com/error23/the-walking-dead-theme-dubstep

This way you can see if its your thing or not before flashing your machine.

Also, I replaced the Well Walker hit sound with Negan's baseball bat final death blow. Sounds much better then the faint "dongg" sound when you hit him now.

#731 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

anyone who likes Cleland should really try mine. I simply removed a couple Andrea's, replaced the dance bass plunge music with actual theme, replaced Arena with eye of the tiger funny but it fits perfectly, replaced Game Over with eerie instrumental rock. He did 99.99% and I added my .01 to perfect it in my opinion.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#735 8 years ago

Yeah, lets talk shit on the guy who takes the time to make another sound option for us TWD pinball fans.. yeah, makes total sense

#748 8 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I have a pro incoming, do any of the remixes here not feature that overly loopy main walking dead tune from the show? Think its going to drive me bonkers so has to go.

It won't drive you crazy I promise- if it's on too much, it means you aren't playing the machine good then- when you start any mode it has many different gameplay music tracks it will play, so the main theme won't play very often if you are playing it well.

#750 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Man I wish I had the technical knowhow to mess with this stuff! I tried once but with bad results. I really like a lot of what each of you guys have done with this game. If I could choose I'd pick a sound package with a little from everyone something like Cleland's main file and KPG's Main Play and Crossbow music! Way to go guys and thank you to those that have really turned TWD into something special!

I have had the idea of making my own version that is very similar to Cleland's but with my alternate music! I might just do that when I get the chance. The more variety of sound package choices the better IMO

#753 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

When a euphoric idea turns into hours of obsessive work, i bring you :
» YouTube video
Walking Dead TOOL Edition
Slayer Next?

This is awesome man !!! I love what you did with it.

Any chance you could post the BIN file or at least PM me with it? I'd love to give it a try.

1 month later
#757 7 years ago

Quoted from bemmett:Wanted to bump this up, I still would really love if someone could update these sounds even further. I use Cleland's version now, as for my preference, the more show quotes the better. Would love to get this updated with some new/current sounds/quotes from last season. Jesus quotes, Abraham's countless awesome quotes, all the new stuff from current characters and of course something Negan related! Who do I have to fund to make this happen since I am inept!
Love me some Walking Dead!

This is my latest Prem/LE 1.56 code for TWD - the base image of it is now Cleland's code, but I changed the main music to a remix, and also the the shooter lane and woodbury music. Added some call outs from Negan (including his whistle), Abraham, and a few more to update it just enough to make your machine feel a little different.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1cjhdjx8ot08wo/TWD156LE_KPG.BIN?dl=0

Added over 7 years ago: This is the CORRECT / updated link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23412786/TWD/TWD156LE_KPG.BIN

#759 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

KPG can you post a video of this current code of yours?

Yeah I need to make one and upload it- I never updated the first video I made, and this one is way better IMO.

1 week later
#766 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Looks like u may have added more since I did it also. I like the mix of show callouts and original that go with the shots. The music is really awesome also

Glad you like it !! I ended up just making my own version, very similar to Cleland's but various sounds including the Negan whistle and different remix music for basic theme, shooter lane, and Woodbury shot. Also, well Walker hit noises at times are the sound of Negan killing someone at the end of the last season

Kind of freshened up the game and made it more relevant to the current season a bit

For anyone wanting to know, that file is the one that is in the original link if you are looking to try it

Enjoy !

6 months later
#786 7 years ago
Quoted from Pmaino:

Does anyone have a link to the most recent KPG version for the premium?

Here you go!!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23412786/TWD/TWD156LE_KPG.BIN

#792 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Kpg has multiple versions. I thought his latest was the tool music version, which i didnt care for as cool as it was. I am running his version that has the negan whistle played when the outlanes are triggered. I've installed just about all of the versions out there and they are all a huge improvement over stock, but this version from Kpg is the best for me.
Kpg, would be awesome if you could update some callouts with negan phrases from this season.

I might just do that !! I'd love to get the sound clip in from the mid season finale.. "There's your guts! They were in there the whole time!"

#793 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Any pro version for KPG?

No, sorry - just PREM/LE

#796 7 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

KPG, if you want to; Take the macro and run it on the pro code

I never knew you could do that! I just made the PRO version.. here it is:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23412786/TWD/TWD156_KPG.BIN

#798 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

thanks
is this the tool version?

No, I didn't make that one - I think ezeltmann did

#801 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Alright with the show at midseason break time for some Cleland code with all the season 6 along with season 7 Negan/saviors sounds/quotes! Ok more of a plea than a demand.

My version has similar callouts to clelands, but some more newer sound bites in it. I plan on adding more current stuff into it in the near future.

1 week later
#807 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Is the same version as about 6 months ago? Using that one and like it a lot.

Yeah - it might be a newer version, but no too different I would imagine- I did a few updates, but it probably wouldn't be too different than the one you are using though. Glad you like it!

#808 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I just tried this out (pro version), but the speech quotes were factory stern ones? Was there something else that needed to be done when updating or converting it form the LE version? I really liked the shooter groove tune though I'd give it another go if the series speech quotes were back in.

Hmm - not sure, I haven't tested out the Pro version- maybe I did something wrong converting it.. sorry !!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 26.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 8.95
$ 16.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kpg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09?tu=kpg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.