IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_4.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53 Tutorial video. Posted by milhouse (9 years ago)

Post #78 This message at the end is normal - Update Failed, error code 8. Posted by milhouse (9 years ago)

Post #554 Walking Dead to Evil Dead Sound conversion. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #578 Ezeltmann's 1.53 versions. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ATLpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#681 8 years ago

I have heard Milhouse and Cleland and prefer Cleland, aside from a couple things that I simply HAVE to change. All Andrea must go and I need to find a way to get "Carl/Coral" in there I think. More Herschel too. I've got time and effort, but I can't find a good long overwhelming repository of the show's sounds? googling has only presented me with a couple of decent sounds and a couple them I couldn't download...and from buggy ad crazy sites.

3 weeks later
#694 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Just loaded Cleland package and was blown away by the end of game sequence, its awesome!

that's one of the only things I changed.. ha to each their own. I used Cleland, removed as much Andrea as I could find, added instrumental intro to Eye of the Tiger for Arena (funny and fits) and replaced the end of game music to be a cut from Radiohead Weird Fishes (beginning of the outro, no vocals). I'm biased- but man it fits perfect.

anyone interested, Pm me and I can share

1 week later
#699 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

that's one of the only things I changed.. ha to each their own. I used Cleland, removed as much Andrea as I could find, added instrumental intro to Eye of the Tiger for Arena (funny and fits) and replaced the end of game music to be a cut from Radiohead Weird Fishes (beginning of the outro, no vocals). I'm biased- but man it fits perfect.
anyone interested, Pm me and I can share

here's link to mine. it's Cleland, with the edits listed above as well one I forgot, I added the actual theme music to pre ball plunge and removed his groove bassy club mix thing. all the scores should be set to 10M or less as well.
If you like to experiment, this is worth your time, I did a great job on the Arena and Game Over music. Took several tries until I got it right in terms of start/stop and volume.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8EEqBkX-uPMRzdlc3VDV3ViODg/view?usp=sharing

3 weeks later
#730 8 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I installed this file today and had to take it off right away. IMO, too much of the hillbilly guy. The weird Welcome to Woodbury is annoying and the Woodbury dance mix was a nail in the coffin.
Sorry, gave it a try. Thanks for the effort, I will stick with Cleland. So far I like it best. I may try to add some of my own including impersonations for specific call outs. Should be fun to try when I have some time.
The Negan whistle was a nice touch but needed the Abraham "Who's Negan" call out somewhere. Also why remove Dale saying "looks like we got ourselves a swimmer" with the Hillybilly original? The original voice is why so many wanted custom speech. It's terrible.

anyone who likes Cleland should really try mine. I simply removed a couple Andrea's, replaced the dance bass plunge music with actual theme, replaced Arena with eye of the tiger funny but it fits perfectly, replaced Game Over with eerie instrumental rock. He did 99.99% and I added my .01 to perfect it in my opinion.

#732 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

image_(resized).jpeg

lol-

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

8 months later
#790 7 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I think I tried them all but I have been using the mix with Radiohead and NiN, I like that one the best. The music is perfect.

Thanks that's me ^_^

Anyone interested, let me know

2 months later
#817 7 years ago

Thanks Cleland. I'll grab this soon and add my NIN/RH to it. The Kevin's mix lives on

#834 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

******SPOILER ALERT - IF YOU ARE ONE OF THE 5 PEOPLE THAT HAVEN'T YET SEEN THIS SEASON OF WALKING DEAD. ******
So many amazing Negan quotes! I'm super excited to see what you come up with. I'd urge you to sprinkle in more sounds from other people as well, a few King Ezekiel for the new-comer and more existing character quotes as well from past few seasons. I mean you gotta have Abraham's last words if you can for "suck my nuts". Also having Glenn's "Maggie mumblings" when he is bashed for ball drains could be cool if it comes across clear.
I can't say it enough, thanks for all the work you put into this game, it makes a really good game absolutely amazing with the sounds from the show and better music. Would love to see something new for crossbow and woodbury on yours Cleland.

Thanks for the spoiler courtesy because I actually haven't seen this season yet. When I revisit my NIN/RH mix on top of Cleland's callouts, I have a couple very small fixes I plan to apply.

1 week later
#863 7 years ago

Cleland = the man.

For the fans of my full Nine Inch Nails/Radiohead music mix that I append in top of Cleland's, hang tight.

Here is my promo video for it:

I should be able to get started pairing up with his versions this weekend. I'll go back thru my PMs and send links. I'm a little more protective with mine since one time I posted a link and Olivier (Oga83 - genius pinball browser programmer that made all this possible- donate to him...) wasn't a fan due to copyrights and stuff. Rightfully so.

#867 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Kevin's NIN/Radiohead mix is my favorite and I'm looking forward to the new version with Cleland's updated quotes! The song choices really mesh up well and I like that they are all instrumental which make it feel like the music could have been created for the game originally vs. just songs playing in the background. In other words it doesn't feel like a mod to me and is an improvement over the stock package in every way. Give it a try!

Thanks Mike- I really did work very hard brainstorming the exact snippets for each mode over several mos as I listen to both bands consistently. I didn't set out to install music because I liked it (that didn't hurt of course), rather I really tried for perfect matches to each mode/game-sequence. And yes absolutely all instrumental!

#898 7 years ago

Finally got around to this. I've made my Radiohead/NIN changes to Cleland's new mix. MikeS, i'm sending to you first to test for me before I respond to all my PMs from the past.

anybody who hasn't experienced yet, PM me. you don't have to like nin/radiohead to appreciate how well it fits

#900 7 years ago

To all my PMs past and present, hang in there, I'm chipping away at iterations with MikeS's help. I'll shotgun a ton of replies with four links as planned once done.

#902 7 years ago

update complete. all PMs replied to! keep em coming. if I missed you, wake me up with another PM.

1 week later
#905 7 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

anybody make any vids of this most recent update?

Not sure which mix you're referring to- but if referring to mine, I haven't done any updated vid bec there no changes to my music- save for a couple subtle volume adjustments. Are you wanting a vid of the new Cleland Negan callouts?

#909 7 years ago

I've got the PREM/LE pg version done (Cleland season 7 PG verison + my RH/NIN mix). PM again if interested.

1 week later
#919 7 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

I dont have a TWD yet but I plan on getting one and I will also want to upgrade to a colordmd. With that being said, does the sound replacement .bins posted in this thread work with a colordmd?

Yes they sure do

1 week later
#921 7 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

A couple of questions. I installed the Cleland sound mod, and it is AWESOME! Thank you so much for the hard work, It really makes that game pop!
I have the premium edition and when you match it makes this loud high pitched welp sound, is it supposed to do that? Can it be changed in pinball browser, because i freaking hate it. if so which request # is it? It would make the same sound in the factory installed firmware version, so it is not a problem with the mod.

Open your coin door, go into settings. Turn off knocker volume. I do too, can't stand it nor the actual physical knockers from the 80s 90s etc. my dogs hate em too

Actually I turn off match sequences altogether. None of them wow me nor do I need a free game

#926 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Use Pinball Browser and modify it all you like. Cleland has done 99% of the work for you. It would be fifteen minutes of work at most.

No need- I got ya covered rai. Look for PM later.

Also, yeoldepin, you're exaggerating that it's only 15 mins of work to download pbb, download/load rom, find whatever single quote, find a good length/volume replacement, replace, save.

Just saying: it's a LOT harder and time consuming than you may realize. It's not like the files are labeled for what/where/when they occur. Point being: donate to Cleland.

#929 7 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Looking to install the new sound file with real character voices on my walking dead premium. Any chance anyone can show me where to download this file? I have three kids in the house so If there is a way I could get all of the call outs except the down the throat one. I would really appreciate it.
Thank You,
J

Got ya. PM'd

1 month later
#947 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Double checked a bunch of them with the glass off. Crossbow Frenzy and Siege are correct. I also found Terminus. The rest are either not known or something I haven't seen yet. Someday I might delete everything and play just the unknowns but that really seems like a lot of work since 99% of the game is known.
Here is the latest Grateful Dead Pro version. It's unreal how much time it took to get to this version.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zlm4zaohrq5bgj/TWD156_GDEAD_CLELAND.BIN?dl=0

Glass off is best way to test everything and learn rules. Thanks for providing another option to the community.

3 weeks later
#950 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Does anyone use the Cleland package with upgraded speakers? I'm getting all kinds of distortion and I'm not sure if it's the sound package or the speakers. It's been getting worse, so I suspect it's the speakers, but wanted to see if anyone else noticed it.

It's your speakers or some wire connection. I've never seen a Cleland version with distortion.

#954 6 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Yeah, I think that's a bug. I've run into that one a few times. It's an embarrassing reminder that I'm playing like crap.

Guys I'm honestly confused by this. I will test when I get home in a few days. I seem to remember looping this my main game music perfectly...

5 months later
#988 6 years ago

I’ll be making my NIN/RH mix on top of Cleland callouts if/when he gets around to it, he is a busy guy.

#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I've been on a crazy IPA beer to Energy drink bender the last three days on this damn thing, it's a delicate balance
I finally finished and am uploading to my Premium now for a few test games.
Expect links shortly, and yeah if you're happy feel free to PM me and contribute to my said beer/energy drink fund....lol.

Donate to this game changer!

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

For those like me that are following this post closely and maybe not the new code post:

good stuff. I hadn't checked that thread in last day or so- my response there, echo'd here:

Awesome. I'll add my NIN/Radiohead to this over next couple days. I don't want to send multiple PMs per person, so I'll wait for Cleland to finish the pg13 version, then append mine and then finally start distributing both R rated and pg13 together via PM as before.

#1021 6 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Call me ignorant, what does Cleland have stock and what does this add? My TWD had a custom rom loaded already so researching.

Hey Bob, you’re ignorant

Cleland alone has mostly stock music except for he borrowed my Woodbury music and I think he changed up the pre plunge music as well. Not sure what he did for 1.6.

Mine adds (on top of Cleland callouts as a source) much better instrumental well placed cuts from NIN and Radiohead to replace essentially all of the stock music. Both artists provide great dark atmospheric cuts that fit the mood extremely well.

#1031 6 years ago

I finished my updates and started pumping out PMs (whether you've messaged me recently or not). I hit the daily limit of 20 already... apparently I need Pinside+ to be able to send more than 20 PMs in a day. Heading to bed and will investigate tomorrow. If any of the first 20 experience any issues, pls let me know as I wasn't able to test since my machine is on route.

#1038 6 years ago

I just sent out ...a lot... of PMs as a recently enshrined Pinside+ member. If I missed you or you hadn't requested yet, feel free to chime in via PM. Thanks. Enjoy.

4 months later
#1088 5 years ago

I still regularly provide my NIN/RH but via PM only since you know musics and stuff.

1 month later
#1106 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Hi guys I just bought TWD premium - updated the code to 1.60 (stern file) how do I get this sound pack on?
Which file do I need to download?
Thanks in advance!

If you want mine, (Cleland soundbites with Nine Inch Nails and Radiohead music, no lyrics) then pls private message me. Some others are available in the thread via links I think. Lots of good options.

-KG
ATLpb.com

3 months later
#1122 5 years ago
Quoted from Shenanigander:

Wow that is amazing! I must install something asap! I see there is about 10,000 different options out there so I may need some advice.
I have a TWD pro. The radiohead/NIN sounds amazing but I might be interested in the Tool version. I guess I could try several and then choose from there. I love the options with the custom/additional call outs. I would be up for trying an R rated version. All in all what would you guys say are the best 3 options out there and I will maybe try them all and pick from there! Thanks for your help!

100% least case scenario replace the hillbilly with Cleland. If you want mine PM me. If you want others I believe they are available in the thread. They all improve upon a great machine.

2 months later
#1134 5 years ago

Sorry for delays, I take breaks from pinside sometimes. Yes it’s possible...

All NIN/RH requests replied to!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ATLpb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09?tu=ATLpb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.