New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 117960)

Walking Dead LE Sound Replacement v. 0.9

By milhouse

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,147 posts
  • 231 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by gumnut01
  • Topic is favorited by 163 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 32 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Muisc.png
The_Walking_Dead_Cast_Funny.jpg
pasted_image.png
IMG_1719.jpg
IMG_41281.jpg
FullSizeRender1.jpg
Clelands_Fish_Topper_Order.png
IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_4.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1147 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 23.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I am currently testing out the possibility that you can just run MH's macro on the new version. I'll report back in about an hour.

What about clelands?

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

What about clelands?

that would work too !

#353 5 years ago

Can I signup for the PM notification(s) for the new actor voiceover speech patch thingy? I have really enjoyed that addon and don't really want to move to the next version of code without it. Thanks much! I'll make another pinside donation too.

#354 5 years ago

It works! Run your Millhouse or Cleland (is there a cleland macro?) macro or pm your email to test out this version to work out the bugs. I have LE <tested> or Pro <untested>.

See pic for the only change i made to macro for the version check.

twdle_pbm.png

#355 5 years ago

Great news

#356 5 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

It works! Run your Millhouse or Cleland (is there a cleland macro?) macro or PM YOUR EMAIL to test out this version to work out the bugs. I have LE <tested> or Pro <untested>.
See pic for the only change i made to macro for the version check.

When pm'ing and asking for me to send you something, think hard about how i will be able to do that without providing your email.

#357 5 years ago

It doesn't look like there have been many substantial changes to the audio files that matter (I don't modify walker noises, gunshots, etc. which may have changed), so this shouldn't delay things much. I really just need to fix the cut-off sounds. The biggest problem is that the sounds in the pin are very short, while the lines on the show are pretty long. So its hard to avoid over-using the few shorts lines there are, and I want to get lots of variety by using the longer lines, but with limited places to use them.

#358 5 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

It doesn't look like there have been many substantial changes to the audio files that matter (I don't modify walker noises, gunshots, etc. which may have changed), so this shouldn't delay things much. I really just need to fix the cut-off sounds. The biggest problem is that the sounds in the pin are very short, while the lines on the show are pretty long. So its hard to avoid over-using the few shorts lines there are, and I want to get lots of variety by using the longer lines, but with limited places to use them.

Let me know if there is anything i can do to help. i have additional sounds that you may not have , all of them named by file length. Also i can check to see what sound i have put in a specific spot to see if you can use it. I know the only thing that really sticks out now is when u get to HORDE the initial callout gets cut off and it is another "it looks like we have ourselves a swimmer" I do not know the position or have a sound byte prepared for that yet. Might be a good place to leave the original callout in.

Thanks again.

ed z

#359 5 years ago

Here's a question for Milhouse or ED Z. Normally I keep the "Keep CRC Consistent" unchecked so high scores and settings are retained.
When moving from a new version (1.25 to 1.28 in this case) should it be checked now instead?
Or, keep it unchecked and install Sterns version first? Is this even necessary?
Will high scores need to be backed up to a flash drive to save them before installing new code?

#360 5 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

When pm'ing and asking for me to send you something, think hard about how i will be able to do that without providing your email.

Well a Dropbox link of course. That's what cleland does

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Here's a question for Milhouse or ED Z. Normally I keep the "Keep CRC Consistent" unchecked so high scores and settings are retained.
When moving from a new version (1.25 to 1.28 in this case) should it be checked now instead?
Will high scores need to be backed up to a flash drive to save them before installing new code?

This option should always be checked for new firmwares.
On new firmwares, unckecking this option can have bad side effects.
This option will be removed in the next Pinball Browser version so that the firmwares are always consistent.

To keep your high scores and/or adjustments, you can either use a serial cable with PB, or define default values. Relying on a wrong crc for this is not the way to go.

#362 5 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Well a Dropbox link of course. That's what cleland does

Link to instructions to be clear

Quoted from oga83:

This option should always be checked for new firmwares.
On new firmwares, unckecking this option can have bad side effects.
This option will be removed in the next Pinball Browser version so that the firmwares are always consistent.
To keep your high scores and/or adjustments, you can either use a serial cable with PB, or define default values. Relying on a wrong crc for this is not the way to go.

Hey Oga, I am unable to even check the box now. It's grayed out, what am I doing wrong?

#363 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I never uncheck the box . I enjoy putting up new sets of scores. Not important to me to keep the scores and i only change my game to free play in the settings. Oga explained it best already, but i thought i would chime in with how i handle it.

QG : drop box apparently is the way everyone is doing it. I use google drive. I'd be happy to hear why i shouldn't use it . Either way , hope everyone is enjoying new code . This game is really improving with each update. Shaker motor is working OT.lol

#364 5 years ago

OK, those that have ever Pm'd me in the past have been sent instructions for the new 1.28 build I did. There are both "Adult" and "Clean" versions for each the LE/Premium and Pro's. Happy 4th of July and enjoy some Pinball and BBQ

#365 5 years ago

Thank you sir!

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

OK, those that have ever Pm'd me in the past have been sent instructions for the new 1.28 build I did. There are both "Adult" and "Clean" versions for each the LE/Premium and Pro's. Happy 4th of July and enjoy some Pinball and BBQ

image.jpg

#367 5 years ago

Thanks man! great stuff! Everyone who downloads this should send a few bucks to him so he can get his topper!!

p

#368 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I am unable to even check the box now. It's grayed out, what am I doing wrong?

The "Keep crc consistent" checkbox is grayed in the following situations :
- If you save your firmware once without this option checked, the crc is definitely corrupted and Pinball Browser cannot recover it.
- On old games, Pinball Browser may not be able to find the crc (either it's missing or it's not where expected).

#369 5 years ago

Hey guys I just noticed the "Tilt" warning no longers gives a siren sound on the pro. Was this an updated in v1.28 or was this sound removed in the voice enhanced version. Using the adult pro version.

#370 5 years ago

Thank you cleland. Will pp a few bucks to the topper fund.

#371 5 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Hey guys I just noticed the "Tilt" warning no longers gives a siren sound on the pro. Was this an updated in v1.28 or was this sound removed in the voice enhanced version. Using the adult pro version.

Re download the update from Cleland. I mentioned that to him and he re-added the tilt siren sound and updated the files. Sooo fricking good having 1.28 with the show voices already. Big thanks to Cleland for doing it so quick and then taking feedback on board in an instant.

#372 5 years ago

Tried updating the new cleland code. The game resets after erasing flash. Trying to go back to the old code now.

#373 5 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

Tried updating the new cleland code. The game resets after erasing flash. Trying to go back to the old code now.

Hmm tried re downloading it? I've updated my LE twice and no problem at all. Corrupt file?

#374 5 years ago

I think its the usb stick. Old code did the same. I cant find the one I usually use and tried a different one.

edit - found the usb in pocket of shorts I wore last update Going to designate these as update shorts to avoid future hassle.

#375 5 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

Hashman alerted me about this right away and I put it back in with a sound byte layered on top "You need to leave".
If the tilt siren is not there, then re-download any version as all have been updated now.

Quoted from MarcG:

I think its the usb stick. Old code did the same. I cant find the one I usually use and tried a different one.
edit - found the usb in pocket of shorts I wore last update Going to designate these as update shorts to avoid future hassle.

Haha, love the update shorts. Make sure "NOT" to verify disk image at the start of the install too.

Quoted from oga83:The "Keep crc consistent" checkbox is grayed in the following situations :
- If you save your firmware once without this option checked, the crc is definitely corrupted and Pinball Browser cannot recover it.
- On old games, Pinball Browser may not be able to find the crc (either it's missing or it's not where expected).

Thanks Oga, got it all figured out now....and thanks for this game saving program, you rock!

#376 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Make sure "NOT" to verify disk image at the start of the install too.

Read this too late I did verify. It did not crash after wiping the flash and is now programing it.

#377 5 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

Read this too late I did verify. It did not crash after wiping the flash and is now programing it.

Since "CRC Checksum" is enabled it might be alright, keep us posted when you get it installed. In general, there is no need to verify image even on the Stern one.

#378 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Since "CRC Checksum" is enabled it might be alright, keep us posted when you get it installed. In general, there is no need to verify image even on the Stern one.

It's up and running. About to give it a play once I tweek the settings & sound. I don't typically verify. Only did because of the previous troubles.

Ridiculous how finicky these things are with usb sticks.

#379 5 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

For the adventurous....
A beta of my 1.25 Sounds Replacement has been released. I have installed on my TWDLE and its working pretty well.

This is working on the new release 1.28 on a Pro.
Thanks for your hard work!

#380 5 years ago

Where is the speech volume in the menu? I couldn't locate it, probably looked right at is several times.

#381 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Where is the speech volume in the menu?

Turn game on. Open coin door. Play with the center two diagnostic buttons, + or - . That will turn your volume up or down.

LTG : )™

#382 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Turn game on. Open coin door. Play with the center two diagnostic buttons, + or - . That will turn your volume up or down.

I thought there was a way just to adjust the call out volume. Maybe I'm just imagining things

#383 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Where is the speech volume in the menu? I couldn't locate it, probably looked right at is several times.

Adjustments - Standard - #47 is music volume.

LTG : )

#384 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I thought there was a way just to adjust the call out volume. Maybe I'm just imagining things

Feature adjustment #152 is speech. It's the last one. I have mine set at -35 for clelands version.

#385 5 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

Feature adjustment #152 is speech.

My Feature Adjustments end at 138 ?

#386 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

My Feature Adjustments end at 138 ?

On the LE?

#388 5 years ago

IMG_0481.JPG

#389 5 years ago

I set music attenuation to -5 and speech to -35. Sounds great.

#390 5 years ago

Those are 137 and 138 in the pro.

#391 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Those are 137 and 138 in the pro.

As I suspected. You were referencing a Pro but the LE has more features then the Pro so it's feature numbers will go higher.

#392 5 years ago

Am I the only one who had this problem??

image.jpg

#393 5 years ago

Didn't happen to me on any version, stern or home brew.

#394 5 years ago

The stern part went fine. I did that first and then the cleland clean pro version and the error came up.

I am reinstalling the stern 1.28 code now.

#395 5 years ago

Oh ok, I never tried the clean pro version as I have an LE and like it dirty. Clelands LE adult version works fine. I can't see a lot of people wanting to install the clean version so you will have to wait for someone to install the pro clean version and see what they report.

#396 5 years ago

Not sure what's up with that. Can anybody confirm the clean pro version is working on their system? I noticed my Bicycle light mod stopped working with 1.28 now too, but that's another issue.

#397 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Not sure what's up with that. Can anybody confirm the clean pro version is working on their system? I noticed my Bicycle light mod stopped working with 1.28 now too, but that's another issue.

Try unplugging the BG mod then plugging it back in while machine is on. Works for me every time.

#398 5 years ago

My bg light still works with 1.28 custom.

#399 5 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

My bg light still works with 1.28 custom.

Mine too. I have Nodys

#400 5 years ago

Stern's 1.28 code worked fine on my machine. I am now re downloading the pro clean speech bin.

image.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 1147 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 23.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside