By milhouse

2 years ago

Stats

• 983 posts
  • 204 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by BillySastard
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 32 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Muisc.png
The_Walking_Dead_Cast_Funny.jpg
pasted_image.png
IMG_1719.jpg
IMG_41281.jpg
FullSizeRender1.jpg
Clelands_Fish_Topper_Order.png
IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_4.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 983 posts in topic. You are on page 7 of 20.
#301 2 years ago

A family friendly version would rock !!! When my kids have friends over for sleepovers and parties I could simply switch between codes.

#302 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

A family friendly version would rock !!! When my kids have friends over for sleepovers and parties I could simply switch between codes.

You can do that now. Just load the stock Stern code when kids are over and put clelands back on when they're gone. No point in Cleland doing a ton more work for the small handful of people that want a "disney clean" version.

#303 2 years ago
Quoted from pinball_erie:

A family friendly version of a gory zombie game? So horror and violence are just fine with the kiddos but man you put the wrong collection of syllables together and that is NOT OK. Seems like quite the contradiction.

#304 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

A family friendly version of a gory zombie game? So horror and violence are just fine with the kiddos but man you put the wrong collection of syllables together and that is NOT OK. Seems like quite the contradiction.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Great point!

#305 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Though I tend to agree, it is not a moral issue for me. It has more to do with not having my three year old repeat without understanding. Though thats my problem and my job so.....curse on bitches.

#306 2 years ago

Haha i can see your kid know walking through walmart with his mom screaming out you little pussys then looking over his shoulders wispering pigsticklers

#307 2 years ago

Could somebody give me the info on how to obtain this for the PRO. I have been trying to PM but it isn't working for me.

#308 2 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

Though I tend to agree, it is not a moral issue for me. It has more to do with not having my three year old repeat without understanding. Though thats my problem and my job so.....curse on bitches.

Ha. Ok, I can see that angle. Touché.

#309 2 years ago
Quoted from gmh:

Could somebody give me the info on how to obtain this for the PRO. I have been trying to PM but it isn't working for me.

Tried to PM you but it's not going though. Will try again later, let me know if you get one of em'.

#310 2 years ago

Thanks so much, for doing all the work and making this available. Put it at the pro at my work and the le at my house and am beyond stoked to play the new code and have all the voice work in place.

#311 2 years ago

If somebody could send the link for the pro version to this email that would be awesome:

Guyh@global.t-bird.edu

#312 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

FYI for all, for REV 3 I am going to tone down Merle a little bit. His "Bunch of Pu$$ie$" line is apparently coming up too often.

Can someone give me a heads up when REV 3 is available please? Language or not... the "Bunch of __ies" line comes up so often that it's annoying. I'm curious... what was in its slot in the stern code? I'm guessing a one word or a grunt or something.

And I sent the link to Guy there.

#313 2 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Can someone give me a heads up when REV 3 is available please? Language or not... the "Bunch of _ies" line comes up so often that it's annoying. I'm curious... what was in its slot in the stern code? I'm guessing a one word or a grunt or something.
And I sent the link to Guy there.

I just made you your own custom version with that line removed and replaced with Rick saying "Kill Em" How's that for service
The original line in the code was "We're gonna have to kill it".

#314 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I just made you your own custom version with that line removed and replaced with Rick saying "Kill Em" How's that for service
The original line in the code was "We're gonna have to kill it".

OOO OOO OOO ME TO ME TO Thanks for the clean set but if you have original set with "Bunch of ies" taken out that will be perfect! One more week and I am home WHOOOO HOOOO! demob briefing crap sucks

#315 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

How's that for service

Thanks! This new one is awesome!

#316 2 years ago

Just wanted to add my praises. This update is awesome. I've only played a handful of games, but I'm loving it so far.

"They're f***ing with the wrong people!"

#317 2 years ago

For the adventurous....

A beta of my 1.25 Sounds Replacement has been released. I have installed on my TWDLE and its working pretty well.
But as I may not have time to look at this again until next week, I am letting everyone who wants to try it, try it now.

As always, back up your Rom BEFORE you flash.

Instructions: http://pastebin.com/wtavDEMj
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rq7344gmp5amcrs/TWDLE125_Sound_Replacement.zip?dl=0
1.25 Game Code: http://www.sternpinball.com/game-code/game-code-the-walking-dead-le

Enhancements:
All music is from the show/sound track or from the original machine.
Approximately 1100 samples from the show are used.
Jackpot/Super Jackpot Callouts have been "fixed" (you will hear Michonne less frequently).
Samples are up to date as of Season 5 Episode 16 (i.e., June 2015).
Less repetition.

Issues:
- I am guessing more samples will be cut off than in the 1.19 version. I will revisit. But even so, 90% should be fine.
- If you find issues, please let me know and provide as much detail as possible.
- There is cursing. If you want a "clean" version, search the macro for words you don't want to hear and remove that line
- The commhex patch is no longer included in the macro. If you want to use it, you will need to include it yourself. Add it before the sounds.
- I haven't checked it on the Pro or Premium models.
- Don't bother verifying. It will take a long time. It will fail. You will email me and I will tell you the same thing.

YOU WILL GET AN ERROR WHEN YOU FLASH (ERROR 8). THIS IS NORMAL. STOP EMAILING ME ABOUT IT. Just turn off the machine after the erro and turn it back on (setting the jumper back and removing the USB Drive)

To be safe, write down your High Scores and so you can restore them using a USB-232 Cable.

#318 2 years ago

Also, don't message me about sending you a modified game code. I won't.

#319 2 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

A beta of my 1.25 Sounds Replacement has been released.

Works like a charm.
Thanks dude.

#320 2 years ago
Quoted from Weust:

Works like a charm.
Thanks dude.

What version of the game did you try it on?

#321 2 years ago
Quoted from Weust:

Works like a charm.
Thanks dude.

Glad to hear it.

#322 2 years ago

You guys RULE. That is all.

#323 2 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

What version of the game did you try it on?

LE.

#324 2 years ago

Is there a pro version yet?

#325 2 years ago

This is incredible. As a result, I've AGAIN made a donation to Pinball Browser. I've switched my Pinside donation to a Monthly contribution, AND I would like to make a donation to the charity of the Ops choice.

Millhouse, you've put an incredible amount of work in to this. It's greatly appreciated! Name your favourite charity, and I'll make a donation. Thanks for this.

#326 2 years ago

By the way. I did this update running Pinball Browser on a Parallels Virtual PC on my MacBook Pro. Zero issues. Worked like a charm.

#327 2 years ago

Is there a pro version?

#328 2 years ago
Quoted from gmh:

Is there a pro version?

Pm sent

#329 2 years ago
Quoted from Delta9:

Pm sent

Thank you I appreciate that. Is there a PRO version of Milhouse's?

#330 2 years ago

Just installed updated BIN file. F*cking amazing. Whole new feel to a whole new level. Great work gang!!!

Milhouse=Genius. Super Genius.

#331 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Just installed updated BIN file. F*cking amazing. Whole new feel to a whole new level. Great work gang!!!

Which one did you install? clelands or milhouses?

#332 2 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Which one did you install? clelands or milhouses?

There's more than one version for LE? I never saw a link to Cleland's version. I just used Milhouse's a few posts above.

#333 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

There's more than one version for LE?

Yes ...
- Millhouse created the original for 1.19
- then Cleland made a derivative from Millhouses version for 1.25
- then Millhouse completed his update for 1.25

Not sure of the differences - I'm sure they are both excellent.

Big Thanks to both for their excellent work and sharing with the rest of us.

#334 2 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Yes ...
- Millhouse created the original for 1.19
- then Cleland made a derivative from Millhouses version for 1.25
- then Millhouse completed his update for 1.25
Not sure of the differences - I'm sure they are both excellent.
Big Thanks to both for their excellent work and sharing with the rest of us.

So where is the link to Cleland's version? I went through this thread again and didn't see it.

#335 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

So where is the link to Cleland's version? I went through this thread again and didn't see it.

PM Sent so you can compare. Only thing I noticed about Milhouse's is a lot of the sounds are truncated (cut off). I know he's aware of this and will address. I changed the shooter lane groove and match music too.

#336 2 years ago

I hope to address the cut-off issues within a couple of days or a week.

#337 2 years ago

Stop the press.... 1.28 is out

#338 2 years ago

Time for Milhouse and Cleland to do it all again!

#339 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Time for Milhouse and Cleland to do it all again!

Yep, I can't believe they updated it again already!

#340 2 years ago

Yeap its legit and appears that Metallica was also updated for all versions as well

#341 2 years ago

Good thing it's a long holiday weekend. I'll get right to work

Was there a read me with game changes? Guess I'll head over there now...

EDIT: Soundwise this is what's changed

- Added some speech for walkers advancing during HORDE
- Added speech to the ARENA mode.
- Reworked speech for the RIOT mode.
- Added prison yard walker killing spree info. to the display effect
for prison yard walker killed. Added speech for killing spree.

#342 2 years ago

Thanks ahead of time for your work on this Cleland.
I'm not sure I'm even going to updated until you've released yours. I just can't go without the voices now.
feel free to PM me a link once you get it ready!!
Have a great 4th dead heads!

#343 2 years ago

Yup, anyone who Pm'd me previously will get a reply when it's ready.

I should be able to deliver on Saturday to make it a great 4th of July Celebration!
Will offer both "Adult" and "Clean" Versions for LE/Premium and Pro.

#344 2 years ago

Awesome Cleland! I will be working as well. Hopefully the sound call numbers didnt change much.

The update is quite substantial as far as adding nuances and perfecting scoring etc. Many thanks Lyman!

I wonder if Lyman downloads the "Unauthorized" sound codes to add show voices.

#345 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Awesome Cleland! I will be working as well. Hopefully the sound call numbers didnt change much.
The update is quite substantial as far as adding nuances and perfecting scoring etc. Many thanks Lyman!
I wonder if Lyman downloads the "Unauthorized" sound codes to add show voices.

Cool deal! From the read me it looks like a lot of lighting new effects too.
A great game getting even better!

#346 2 years ago

Could you male the adult version, really adult

#347 2 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Could you make the adult version, really adult

Maybe I'll make you a special "Dirty" Version

#348 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I should be able to deliver on Saturday to make it a great 4th of July Celebration!

Awesome Cleland. So excited about the new update but really wondering if I might wait until you've done your magic to it. I just cant bring myself to lose the awesome shooter lane mix and end of game speech!

#349 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Waiting for yours. Superior sound and keep my scores win/win.

#350 2 years ago

I am currently testing out the possibility that you can just run MH's macro on the new version. I'll report back in about an hour.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
$ 24.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
€ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 18.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,699.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Mafia
Sale Pending!
Peachtree City, GA
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 19.95
$ 445.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
There are 983 posts in topic. You are on page 7 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.