By milhouse

2 years ago

Stats

• 983 posts
  • 204 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by BillySastard
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 32 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Muisc.png
The_Walking_Dead_Cast_Funny.jpg
pasted_image.png
IMG_1719.jpg
IMG_41281.jpg
FullSizeRender1.jpg
Clelands_Fish_Topper_Order.png
IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_4.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 983 posts in topic. You are on page 5 of 20.
#201 2 years ago

Deanna's last words to Rick in the finale need to be added: "Rick, do it!" That's almost as good as look at the flowers.

#202 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I'm with Hashman and DPW. Thanks MH.

I agree with ezeltmann

#203 2 years ago

"rick do it"- that was the best, great ending!!

#204 2 years ago

I prefer the stern jackpot calls too.

Thanks for your great work

#205 2 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

But any community input on whether its better to use:
(1) the Stern Jackpot calls or (2) show audio that doesn't reference a 'jackpot'?

Show Audio 100% for me.

I prefer an immersive experience, don't need to be told "Jackpot" or "Bicycle girl is lit". I've considered replacing some of the walker sounds for more show sounds or even gunfire and scream sounds - that's a bit lacking. When you listen to the show it has quite a bit of gunfire and screams.

1 week later
#206 2 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I agree with this post

Quoted from ezeltmann:

I'm with Hashman and DPW. Thanks MH.

Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I would go for stern jackpot calls (just like the start 'cdc' mode was kept). You have specific 'jackpot', 'double jackpot' and 'super jackpot' calls. So I think that should remain to know you have scored the payoff.
The start Siege callout is also cool by default, don't think that one should change too

I agree as well.

1 week later
#207 2 years ago

My apologies if this has been covered.

With a new update coming out, I would imagine this all has to be redone?

I bought a game with this on there, is it easier to download the files on a USB, update the new software, and then reinstall the files, or start from scratch?

I know I am a bit ahead of the event with this question.

Thanks.

Art

#208 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I bought a game with this on there, is it easier to download the files on a USB, update the new software, and then reinstall the files, or start from scratch?
Thanks.
Art

I was hoping someone would ask this question. The only reason I haven't downloaded this and installed it yet is because there is an update coming.

#209 2 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I was hoping someone would ask this question. The only reason I haven't downloaded this and installed it yet is because there is an update coming.

It adds so much. Just enjoy it for awhile until the update is ready. With Sterns record with ST alone, we could still be a long way off.

#210 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thanks.
Art

This is the main reason i stopped working on mine.

*IF* the sound locations have changed, then the Macro file (included with MH's package) must be updated (assuming MH or someone else wants to do this) with the new sound locations, along with *replacing* any other sounds that may have been added.

After that macro and is done (and provided) you follow the instructions per this thread and install the updated software.

The macro file (along with the sound package download) *updates* the software (ROM) automatically via Pinball Browser (become familiar with it). All that is left to do is copy to USB, load onto your machine and say thank you a million times to Millhouse.

TY MH

#211 2 years ago

I'm happy to help too Ed and Milhouse. I can re-label the bookmarks (if they change) and process the new samples, just let me know.

#212 2 years ago

I definitely plan on taking advantage of this when my TWD Premium arrives.

Yes, updated code is coming, so this will need to be reworked before too long.

#213 2 years ago

This is great!

Just installed it over the weekend. I was also waiting for Stern, but it only took a few minutes and I was looking to breathe a little life into the game in lieu of an official update.

It's a lot of fun when new quotes pop up...good amount of variation.

#214 2 years ago

anyone did this for the pro version?

#215 2 years ago
Quoted from Hasi:

anyone did this for the pro version?

Yes it works on the pro.

2 weeks later
#216 2 years ago

I just got my TWD Premium. I assume this will work in the premium as well as the LE?

#217 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I just got my TWD Premium. I assume this will work in the premium as well as the LE?

Yes premium, LE, Pro, it works in them all. Have you had a chance to put a few games in? What are your first thoughts?

#218 2 years ago

Yes premium, LE, Pro, it works in them all. Have you had a chance to put a few games in? What are your first thoughts?

My first thoughts are that I am going to enjoy the pin just fine! Especially after doing the pinball browser thing. Theme means a lot to me on this one.

The left ramp is just a bad design. Airball city!

Game looks fantastic.

Dots are the best I've seen.

#219 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Game looks fantastic.

Haven't had an air ball in ages. Wedge that ramp bump level!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-left-ramp-air-balls-solved-in-1-minute-fix

#220 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Haven't had an air ball in ages. Wedge that ramp bump level!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-le-left-ramp-air-balls-solved-in-1-minute-fix

+1 This! I was ready to dump the game when I got the fix kit from Stern. The pads on the bottom completely changed the ramp and the game.

#221 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My first thoughts are that I am going to enjoy the pin just fine! Especially after doing the pinball browser thing. Theme means a lot to me on this one.
Game looks fantastic.
Dots are the best I've seen.

Contact your distributor and get the stern ramp fix kit. It will fix everything.

#222 2 years ago

Rob, load the update I sent you to really enjoy the game

#223 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

There is a special feature in Pinball Browser that can help :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/34#post-2330619

#224 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Rob, load the update I sent you to really enjoy the game

Thanks for the reminder Kevin! I will do that.

You should record your version and post to youtube so we can all check it out.

#225 2 years ago

Custom sounds are 100% mandatory for this game. They're not perfect, but I appreciate the OP taking the time. The hillbilly is just awful.

1 week later
#226 2 years ago

I am just gonna camp out here and hit refresh till the new mod code is announced HA HA! Seriously, big time thanks to Milhouse and everyone else who developed by the far the BEST MOD for this pin.

#227 2 years ago

Agreed. Hopefully the actor voices will make it to the new code.

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Agreed. Hopefully the actor voices will make it to the new code.

No show voices in V1.24 that I can tell. Most likely not going to get them via official code update.
Only way to get quotes is via Pinball Browser.

Marcus

#229 2 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

From Stern Facebook Page ...
https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball
This 89mb update drastically updates gameplay for owners and operators of The Walking Dead. This is the first of a what is planned to be at least 2 more updates beyond this 1.24 file on TWD. Work on the next version of the code is already underway, but we think you will have your hands full with 1.24 for a while.
The whole team here at Stern would like to THANK YOU for your business and support. Working with licenses can be a tedious process, and between releasing new games, moving into a new facility and having several other new titles in development it's fair to say that we have a lot going on. That said, we are absolutely committed to completing our games to be rich, engaging, fun to play and fully featured. We have taken steps which we feel will streamline this process and provide more updates more often going forward.
Full details of the code update are contained within the read-me file. We are eager for you to download, upload, play and enjoy. Please feel free to leave constructive feedback. Have a fun filled Memorial Day Weekend!!!
-Team Stern

Stern says "Working with licenses can be a tedious process" and goes on to say "This is the first of what is planned to be at least 2 more updates beyond this 1.24 file on TWD."

Never say never. Show voices would be the ultimate cool add for this pin. They have something cooking with 2 more PLANNED updates they acknowledge.

Still the work being done here is awesome! Thank you for making a great pin even better!

#230 2 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

No show voices in V1.24 that I can tell. Most likely not going to get them via official code update.
Only way to get quotes is via Pinball Browser.
Marcus

Poorly worded on my part. I think any hope of official voices on the game is dashed. I'm hoping the pinball browser experience will be the same on the new code with minimal work from the OP.

#231 2 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Stern says "Working with licenses can be a tedious process" and goes on to say "This is the first of what is planned to be at least 2 more updates beyond this 1.24 file on TWD."

This could mean a lot of things.

For example, the readme file for the current code update includes this statement:

"- Removed animals from the crossbow mode, per AMC request. "

That's a specific example of having to work with licenses that is of no benefit to us, but still requires a code update to "fix".

#232 2 years ago

Eating a human being alive = no problemo

Chopping a zombie's face in half = awesome sauce

Shooting a rabbit for dinner = NO WAAAAAAAAYYYY!!

#233 2 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Eating a human being alive = no problemo
Chopping a zombie's face in half = awesome sauce
Shooting a rabbit for dinner = NO WAAAAAAAAYYYY!!

Classic!!

#234 2 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

I am just gonna camp out here and hit refresh till the new mod code is announced HA HA! Seriously, big time thanks to Milhouse and everyone else who developed by the far the BEST MOD for this pin.

Hahaha. Same here!

#235 2 years ago

If you guys redo the custom call outs for 1.24 could you keep the game specific call outs? Like the food, supplies and weapons collected, the "dead features ready", ect.... Basically all the call outs that notify or guide the player through the game. Would it be possible to keep those in the next custom speech update?

#236 2 years ago

If you guys redo the custom call outs for 1.24 could you keep the game specific call outs? Like the food, supplies and weapons collected, the "dead features ready", ect.... Basically all the call outs that notify or guide the player through the game. Would it be possible to keep those in the next custom speech update?

Yeah the "dead features ready" and the "jackpot" callouts should stay for sure. Every thing else can go though

Loving the new code. Hating missing the awesome show call outs that milhouse did though.

I was hoping the flipper attract sounds would be zombie noises. Instead they are hillbilly jimbo quotes

1 week later
#237 2 years ago

Anyone got a link to the original 1.19 Pro code? I need to update callouts for a friend and now you can only get the 1.25 code from Stern.

#238 2 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Anyone got a link to the original 1.19 Pro code? I need to update callouts for a friend and now you can only get the 1.25 code from Stern.

PM Sent

#239 2 years ago

Well I finally got around to downloading the 1.25 update and seeing what changed. It will be a while until a new pack is released...

#240 2 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

Well I finally got around to downloading the 1.25 update and seeing what changed. It will be a while until a new pack is released...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#241 2 years ago

Here is a video of the new 1.25 custom sounds from the show file from cleland in action. It has over 600 call outs from the show in it . Great work cleland! Thanks again so much for doing this for us lazy people. You rock big time cleland!!!

» YouTube video

BTW, it is my 11 year old son playing, not me.

#242 2 years ago

It's always the kid playing

#243 2 years ago

Here is a video of the new 1.25 custom sounds from the show file from cleland in action. It has over 600 call outs from the show in it . Great work cleland! Thanks again so much for doing this for us lazy people. You rock big time cleland!!!

Is this available to download yet or are you a tester?

#244 2 years ago

Available to download. I have a direct dropbox link, but I want to ask cleland if he wants me sharing it first. Stay tuned

#246 2 years ago

I am in the middle of flipping the video around so it looks normal. Should look ok soon.

#247 2 years ago

Thanks for doing the video QuarterGrabber.
Surprisingly, I'll spend 30 hours working on sound bytes but won't take 5 mins for a video
You guys can PM me or QuarterGrabber for info on the replacement, right now it's LE/Premium only but Pro will be available very soon.

#248 2 years ago

Thanks for doing this!!

#250 2 years ago

You guys enjoying clelands hard work? Me too! He did a great job. I love how generous people in this hobby are

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dalton, OH
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Sale Pending!
Peachtree City, GA
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 60.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.50
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 14.95
$ 19.95
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
$ 12.00
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.95
There are 983 posts in topic. You are on page 5 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.