IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_4.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

A squelsh? I don't know what would cause that. Getting cutoff is possible, but I don't undestand a squelsh.
Is there a particular line its happening with? I can make sure there isn't a problem with the wav file.

I've messed with pinball browser on my other games, and if the imported sound file gets corrupted, you'll have static or a walkie talkie 'squelch.' Many of the voice wav files have this static at the end.

We're all glad you took the time to do this! Just trying to make it even better..

#152 9 years ago

Id gladly pay for the pinball browser if it resolves this issue. Can someone verify?

#153 9 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Id gladly pay for the pinball browser if it resolves this issue. Can someone verify?

I've noticed static at the end of some of the voice files myself. Either way, it's loads better than listening to the guy Stern hired to do all the voice work. I'm ecstatic not to have to listen to him say
"Skill shot!" all day long...

#154 9 years ago

OK, so I upgraded my PB to version 4.37 a la donation to Oga83, then re-did the whole process and, voila, the little "squelch" bits at the end of some of the sound strings are gone! I did not test them all, just the first few where I knew I could hear static before, and it is gone now - they sound great! Got to go update the pin now. Thanks again, Milhouse, awesome work!

#155 9 years ago
Quoted from Gooch:

OK, so I upgraded my PB to version 4.37 a la donation to Oga83, then re-did the whole process and, voila, the little "squelch" bits at the end of some of the sound strings are gone! I did not test them all, just the first few where I knew I could hear static before, and it is gone now - they sound great! Got to go update the pin now. Thanks again, Milhouse, awesome work!

Thanks for verification on this. On my way to donate as well!

#156 9 years ago

There was a great line during the last episode by Rick. I forgot it now but thought it'd be a great call out before you plunge.

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from huo:

There was a great line during the last episode by Rick. I forgot it now but thought it'd be a great call out before you plunge.

"Then we'll take it!"

Best end line since "They dont know who theyre messing with". Great episode.

#158 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I've messed with pinball browser on my other games, and if the imported sound file gets corrupted, you'll have static or a walkie talkie 'squelch.' Many of the voice wav files have this static at the end.

I am getting the high pitched cut off static at the end of many of the clips on the Pinball Browser and I tried both the earlier versions and the most recent versions and it still has this noise. Anyone know how to remedy this situation?? Other than that, great program!!

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

I am getting the high pitched cut off static at the end of many of the clips on the Pinball Browser and I tried both the earlier versions and the most recent versions and it still has this noise. Anyone know how to remedy this situation?? Other than that, great program!!

Rumor has it to register it and try again. I'm going to try tomorrow.

#160 9 years ago

^^ Yes, please report back. I need to donate anyway, but it would be good to know the problem is solvable.

#161 9 years ago

Just updated my TWD LE with this sound pack. Its amazing. It blows my own sound tinkering out of the water. Thank you so much Milhouse! This is a million times better - It makes the game even LOOK better - the whole experience improves.

FWIW I used PinballBrowser on Mac using Crossover (Windows XP bottle).

#162 9 years ago

Does anyone have the completed .bin file they could share for the LE?

Thanks

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

Thanks

PM sent

#164 9 years ago

yes, after registration and newest software revision, no static or squelch...

#165 9 years ago

Do you copy all 3 files from the rom folder (BIN, PBM and DAT) or just the bin file to the usb thumb drive?

#166 9 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Do you copy all 3 files from the rom folder (BIN, PBM and DAT) or just the bin file to the usb thumb drive?

Just the BIN

#168 9 years ago

I finally got to watch the videos and this is really cool. I hope that I can find the time to figure out how to try this, I'm somewhat technicaly challenged.

#169 9 years ago

I am also getting the squelch, I have donated and entered my product key. redid everything and copied into usb stick, ill load into the pin tomorrow as it takes 30 minutes to go thru the process. I hope it works out, this is a deal breaker for me as all the voices have that awful squelch.

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

I am also getting the squelch, I have donated and entered my product key. redid everything and copied into usb stick, ill load into the pin tomorrow as it takes 30 minutes to go thru the process. I hope it works out, this is a deal breaker for me as all the voices have that awful squelch.

It will sound fine now that you entered the key. Then adjust the attenuation last setting in game settings. I set it to -10.
Then enjoy.

#171 9 years ago

What an improvement!
Thank you for the countless hours you put into this project!

#172 9 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

jints56 said:
Thanks

PM sent

I'd appreciate this too please ! Thanks.

I've donated to the software.... but where do you get the licence key? Got tail end squelches and noise too and need to upload this to a mates machine tomorrow if possible.

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from JMP:

I'd appreciate this too please ! Thanks.
I've donated to the software.... but where do you get the licence key? Got tail end squelches and noise too and need to upload this to a mates machine tomorrow if possible.

The license number will be sent to you by the author of the software. Took them 5 whole minutes to send me mine.

#174 9 years ago

I know some of you have requested the completed file, but I must say, this is super easy to do.

#175 9 years ago

Your right it is, but I want rid of the squelches !

OK thanks re licence number.... I'll just be patient and hope this sorts it.

#176 9 years ago

Is there a reference to show what 'limitations' the software has until licensed? Would be good to know and might even provide an incentive for prospective donations.

#177 9 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

It will sound fine now that you entered the key. Then adjust the attenuation last setting in game settings. I set it to -10.
Then enjoy.

sounds great now. no more squelch. games is so much more walking dead now. awesome. thanks to all!

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

sounds great now. no more squelch. games is so much more Walking Dead now. awesome. thanks to all!

Yes I redid mine as well. Squelch is gone. I also changed my www.sternpinball.com to something else, and set the callouts to -10 which brought the volume level way up.

#179 9 years ago

Updated mine using the registered version. Squelch is no longer present. This is fun.

#180 9 years ago

Ok, my first post on this site: I donated for the upgraded Pinball Browser and installed the TV sound file and now my game is fantastic! It blows my mind how these guys came up with this! Many thanks.

#181 9 years ago

Finally got my TWDLE unboxed (been sitting in the garage for the last 3 month) yesterday and installed the sound replacement rom. Never played the original so I can't compare, but this one sounds awesome. Great work and thanks.

#182 9 years ago

Donated and fixed!

1 week later
#183 9 years ago

Well crap, being a mac user and making a failed attempt to using a friends version I am willing to bribe some one with a Rick grimes and Merle Dixon miniature if they send me a copy of the non squelch PRO version. I will also donate to the cause. PM me PLEEEEEEEASE! lol

#184 9 years ago

^^

Send me a pm as a reminder. I'm back in town this weekend and I'll shoot it to you.

#185 9 years ago

SWEET! PM SENT!

#186 9 years ago

how do you get a license key donated money is that all that is required

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from glauses:

how do you get a license key donated money is that all that is required

See my post # 173

#188 9 years ago

Back from vacation and going to start going through the last 5 episodes to get sounds....

#189 9 years ago

SUPER STOKED!

#190 9 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

Back from vacation and going to start going through the last 5 episodes to get sounds....

Yay Milhouse! I'm looking forward to those sound bytes

#191 9 years ago
Quoted from capguntrooper:

Well crap, being a mac user and making a failed attempt to using a friends version I am willing to bribe some one with a Rick grimes and Merle Dixon miniature if they send me a copy of the non squelch PRO version. I will also donate to the cause. PM me PLEEEEEEEASE! lol

SAWEET! Got it guys, thanks a bunch, now there is going to be a new update. LOL don't forget me please. This community is by far the best one I am in. Next update I am def donating again.

#192 9 years ago

Must have call outs

Daryl - "We brought dinner"
Carol - "Oh Sunshine"

#193 9 years ago

The one thing that kept me from doing the update where the repititive jackpot callouts. If those could be addressed in someway that would be great.

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

The one thing that kept me from doing the update where the repititive jackpot callouts. If those could be addressed in someway that would be great.

I don't like them either, but since I am pretty terrible I never get jackpots. And the latest version has them cut down pretty substantially.

But any community input on whether its better to use:
(1) the Stern Jackpot calls or (2) show audio that doesn't reference a 'jackpot'?

#195 9 years ago

I can't say that I've heard them either. You've done such a great job, I'll go along with whatever.

#196 9 years ago

I would go for stern jackpot calls (just like the start 'cdc' mode was kept). You have specific 'jackpot', 'double jackpot' and 'super jackpot' calls. So I think that should remain to know you have scored the payoff.

The start Siege callout is also cool by default, don't think that one should change too

#197 9 years ago

Thanks for taking inputs! The 'Oh honey you're a damn mess' quote seems to always pop up.

Thanks again for doing this. It's seriously the reason I got the game.

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I would go for stern jackpot calls (just like the start 'cdc' mode was kept). You have specific 'jackpot', 'double jackpot' and 'super jackpot' calls. So I think that should remain to know you have scored the payoff.
The start Siege callout is also cool by default, don't think that one should change too

I agree with this post

#199 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I agree with this post

I'm with Hashman and DPW. Thanks MH.

#200 9 years ago

Thank you Milhouse, you provide more updates than Stern. That's pretty awesome. Did you have a beer fund paypal for all this?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 16.00
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.