By milhouse

2 years ago

Stats

• 983 posts
  • 204 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by BillySastard
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 32 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Muisc.png
The_Walking_Dead_Cast_Funny.jpg
pasted_image.png
IMG_1719.jpg
IMG_41281.jpg
FullSizeRender1.jpg
Clelands_Fish_Topper_Order.png
IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_4.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 983 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 20.
#101 2 years ago

I'll have to add this to so once I go on pinball browser I end up with the new voices and game code on a USB stick? Then just load onto game? Cheers this is all new to me lol

#102 2 years ago

I have not had a chance to do this yet but this is so awesome. I am not very computer literate but I have to be able to bust this out. My wife was so disappointed when there were no voices from the show in the game. Thank you for taking the time to do this and share it with other.

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

**SPOILER ALERT**
If you haven't seen this weeks Walking Dead you *probably* don't want to click on this video.
This sound has been designed for use with an external sub.
» YouTube video

Maybe you and milhouse can do a collaboration on the sound file and just knock it out of the park

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Maybe you and milhouse can do a collaboration on the sound file and just knock it out of the park

Just did Episode 9. Got about 20 new lines. Hopefully Episode 10 tomorrow and a new release later this week.

#105 2 years ago

this rocks loving my pin all over again

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

Just did Episode 9. Got about 20 new lines. Hopefully Episode 10 tomorrow and a new release later this week.

Sounds amazing. Sounds like this new update will be PACKED with callouts, instead of just having one here and there

#107 2 years ago

Updated mine today thanks so much for your hard work and posting it for others

#108 2 years ago

50 more sounds cut and ready to be integrated, and built a rudimentary installer. Stay tuned...

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

50 more sounds cut and ready to be integrated, and built a rudimentary installer. Stay tuned...

You sir, are AWESOME!!!

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

Damn... Looking forward to the update.
Its probably psychological. But it feels I'm playing better with the real Rick :D.

Keep up the good work.

#111 2 years ago

New version posted. Essentially the same instructions as the original (but fixed some errors in the instructions). More sounds are used now (at least 400) and all callouts - apart from instructions or menu items - have been completely replaced. I've also reduced the frequency of the Michone - Jackpot callout, so you may not realize you get a jackpot every time. Also cleaned up sounds so that few if any sounds will get cut off. Should be the same link as the same as the original post, but just in case, it is here. 996 unique sounds samples are used in-game now, replacing 1,959 built-in callouts.

No installer yet. I have other more important things to work on first.

#112 2 years ago

This is still just too cool! I wish Stern would release that "Final" code update so milhouse can really knock this out of the park! I wanted to give a few ideas to you milhouse! First of all what you have done is just awesome and I can't wait to hear what you come up with with future releases: ***Spoilers*** for those who have not see ***ALL Episodes***

When Bicycle Girl is lit:
Rick - "I'm sorry this happened to you"

Well Walker Mode: Needs a lot since its the main bash toy!
Maggie - "Walker Bait"
Maggie - "A little lower"
Dale - "What a waist of a good ham"
Dale - "We need to seal off this well"
Dale - "He's not going for it"
T-Dog - "A canned ham doesn't kick and scream when you try to kill it"
Glenn - "Living the dream"
Glenn - "Get me out of here!"
Shane - "Come on ya'll together"

Bit/Ball Drain
Carol - "Oh Sophia!"
Carol - "Just look at the flowers Lizzie"
Duane - "Weren't no man"
Gareth - "Welcome to Terminus"
Gareth - "You don't know what its like to be hungry!"
Gareth - "Your either the cattle or the bear"
Gareth - You taste better than I thought you would"
Daryl - "Sorry brother"
Rick - Oh Noooo! (finds out Lori is gone)
Rick - "Your Killing Us!"
Rick - "Never Let your guard"
Rick - "Sh!t happens"
Rick - "Lori!"
Rick - "Carl!"
Rick - You made me do this brother"
Morgan - "I see red"
Shane - "We have an officer down!"
Merle - "I ain't gonna beg"
Andrea - "You just rang the dinner bell"

Game Start
Rick - "They're "F"ing with the wrong people"
Rick - "Im Rick Grimes I was a deputy for the King County Sheriffs Office"

Well as you can tell I'm a big fan of the show. I wanted to help contribute in some way. Again thanks for what you are doing milhouse by making this a true Walking Dead Pinball!

#113 2 years ago

I actually tried to do quite a few of those, but usually there was either background noise that made the clip unintelligible, another character spoke over the line a bit, or it was too long for the Souund Request. I've sped a few clips to try to fix the last issue, but there is only so much that can be done.

If you have any of those clips already cut - or can identify which episodes they are from, I could take another look.

Also, some of the above are in the Sound Pack, but because all the Sound Requests aren't actually used in the Game Code (I think), you may never hear them.

#114 2 years ago

I just went out today and bought TWD because of this. Thank You!!!! Getting the game next week

#115 2 years ago

Just wanted to say this is awesome and thank you for taking the time to do this.

#116 2 years ago

Does this work on the pro?

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Does this work on the pro?

I literally did this update 20 mins ago, on a Pro. Works fine. Just make sure you download the .BIN file from Stern for Pro and not LE.

#118 2 years ago

This is my nomination for best mod ever. Thanks so much for putting all the time into doing this. What an improvement.

#119 2 years ago

Trying to figure out if I have a working Windows pc to build it. I moved to a Mac in 2010.

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

This is my nomination for best mod ever. Thanks so much for putting all the time into doing this. What an improvement.

I agree. milhouse should have a paypal account we can donate to if we want for all his hard work.

#121 2 years ago

This is my first time using pinball browser, worked like a champ. How do I raise the overall level of the voices?

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

I agree. milhouse should have a paypal account we can donate to if we want for all his hard work.

Thanks but I didn't do this for any money, and I would have done it for my wife for free anyway. If you want to donate to anyone, donate to oga83 for pinball browser.

#123 2 years ago

You're an absolute legend Milhouse. Such an amazing difference. Game feels so much better and the correct atmosphere now. The walking dead is not a comedy so removing those cheesy redneck jokes makes it so much better.

Thank you so much for all the time and effort you've put in and for sharing it with us.

#124 2 years ago

I uploaded the latest version to my Pro tonight. Oh, man... so awesome! With TWD Pro falling out of Pinside's Top 100 (a travesty), this game is IMO the biggest sleeper out there by a long shot. The game was already cool, but the added voices make it fantastic.

Everything's coming up millhouse! Thank you, sir!

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

This is my first time using pinball browser, worked like a champ. How do I raise the overall level of the voices?

I don't think there is a way to directly do it, so I lowered the Background Music Volume (Standard Adjustment 47 I think) and then increased the volume using the volume buttons.

#126 2 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

I received this advice from another member. i haven't tried it , because i like the music loud.

"One thing you should be doing for sure is changing the speech call out volume. I think it’s like setting 118 under the game settings menu.

I have mine set to -50 (negative values make the call outs louder, I think it goes to -60). and my music volume set to 4 (lowers the music slightly)."

#127 2 years ago

Thanks guys. Will give it a go!

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Rick - "They're "F"ing with the wrong people"

"They're screwing with the wrong people" is in there, but I'd love to have the more explicit version.

#129 2 years ago

Can not make it work is there somewhere a complete file to download?

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from zeldzameflippers:

Make sure you are putting the files in the exact folders shown in the YouTube video. Your computer will likely default to different ones and it will not work.

#131 2 years ago

Do you have an LE or a Pro?

#132 2 years ago

i have a LE

#133 2 years ago

i have a LE

Lucky! I've got a Pro, so unfortunately, it won't work if I send you the version mine's running.

#134 2 years ago

Yeah very lucky, but i have got it working now

#135 2 years ago

I love this. Only suggestion is maybe a better call out for the Jackpots. I prefer just one "JACKPOT" or "SUPER JACKPOT!" so might put the originals back in. Apart from that...this just keeps getting better and better. Thanks again for the hard work milhouse.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

I love this. Only suggestion is maybe a better call out for the Jackpots. I prefer just one "JACKPOT" or "SUPER JACKPOT!" so might put the originals back in. Apart from that...this just keeps getting better and better. Thanks again for the hard work milhouse.

Yeah, I know its an issue. You can change the macro easily enough using a text editor, but because I so rarely hit jackpots I didn't notice it was overused until I saw a video online. I have replaced some uses since the first release, but it still may be used too frequently.

I can put back in the crap voices in future releases but am also open to suggestions on alternative samples.

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

Yeah, I know its an issue. You can change the macro easily enough using a text editor, but because I so rarely hit jackpots I didn't notice it was overused until I saw a video online. I have replaced some uses since the first release, but it still may be used too frequently.
I can put back in the crap voices in future releases but am also open to suggestions on alternative samples.

Change the jackpot sound to Carl. COARRRRRALLLLLL!!

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

Yes!!!

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Winball_Pizard:

No!!!

#140 2 years ago

Not sure if this was explained. But when I tried patching my bin file, I received an error code 8 when updating my TWD. Since I don't have a very good Windows PC I reached out. I then flashed it with theirs. I questioned why it also received an error code on update. So I flipped the dip switch 8 off and pulled the usb stick then rebooted. It worked. But now I have 1 question...

Are the callouts in the current version sounding like they are cutting off like a walkie talkie? Overall, it's quite nice to have the voices from the show. I was growing used to the Stern callout guy. But at least with this you avoid questions like "You paid how much for this and they didn't get the voices from the actors?"

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Not sure if this was explained. But when I tried patching my bin file, I received an error code 8 when updating my TWD. Since I don't have a very good Windows PC I reached out. I then flashed it with theirs. I questioned why it also received an error code on update. So I flipped the dip switch 8 off and pulled the usb stick then rebooted. It worked. But now I have 1 question...
Are the callouts in the current version sounding like they are cutting off like a walkie talkie? Overall, it's quite nice to have the voices from the show. I was growing used to the Stern callout guy. But at least with this you avoid questions like "You paid how much for this and they didn't get the voices from the actors?"

If you look at some earlier posts and the Pinball Browser thread, you will see the Error 8 is completely normal. It can be avoided by saving the bin file with "Keep CRC Consistent" checkbox. If you keep this checked, however you will lose your high scores and settings.

As for cut off sounds, I haven't noticed it much, but its possible that some sounds are cut shorter than others. The included Excel file can show which they are, but I used no more than 0.02 MS as the max cutoff where I didn't notice an abrupt cut. If you don't like those, you can remove them from the macro and reflash. The problem is that there really aren't enough short sounds that fit within the short clips the game uses. So to have any variety, sacrifices had to be made.

#142 2 years ago

Holy underwear, I just installed this in my Pro. Works like a champ and the game is totally immersive now. None of this 'goat for dinner' shit. Thanks OP!!!!

#143 2 years ago

And yeah, a few of the callouts have a walkie talkie squelch at the end. No big deal and not a huge factor.

#144 2 years ago

I haven't noticed any walkie talkie squelch at all on mine. I have an LE. Not sure if that makes any difference. Installed the second version today and it just keeps getting better.

Now all we need is a new Stern update with these sounds thrown back in!

#145 2 years ago

Seems that the walkie-talkie stuff will go away if you donate and get a key to enable the extra features on pinball browser. May be associated with sampling frequency...had a message pop up when changing sounds manually (not using the macro) until I entered the key.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from PinDave:

Seems that the walkie-talkie stuff will go away if you donate and get a key to enable the extra features on pinball browser. May be associated with sampling frequency...had a message pop up when changing sounds manually (not using the macro) until I entered the key.

Good to know! I'll have to make a donation.

I played several more games tonight, and hot damn, I love it so much. "All things being equal, it does sound pretty badass."

#147 2 years ago

Can anyone confirm you get better quality audio if you have a registered version? Not because I have a problem donating, but rather I would like to know if I need to recompile the binary.

#148 2 years ago

I have noticed the walkie talkie squelch on my LE as well. First time using PB and I plan to make a donation no matter what, but I too would like to know if the registered PB version addresses the issue and if I need to reload the code. Amazing improvement to the game, thanks Milhouse!

#149 2 years ago

+1. Curious on the donation piece.

Either way, I need to donate. I am using pinball browser on all 4 of my games. Mustang is 10000% better with custom songs.

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from Gooch:

I have noticed the walkie talkie squelch on my LE as well. First time using PB and I plan to make a donation no matter what, but I too would like to know if the registered PB version addresses the issue and if I need to reload the code. Amazing improvement to the game, thanks Milhouse!

A squelsh? I don't know what would cause that. Getting cutoff is possible, but I don't undestand a squelsh.

Is there a particular line its happening with? I can make sure there isn't a problem with the wav file.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rocky River, OH
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
€ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 60.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dalton, OH
$ 18.99
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 983 posts in topic. You are on page 3 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.