IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_4.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 23.
#1001 6 years ago
Quoted from ballykissfan:

Should be Cleland in there.

Thanks Kevin

#1002 6 years ago

1.60 versions available via pm.

Tool LE - show voices from millhouse/ez

Beavis and Butthead Slayer:LE

Slayer Cannibal Corpse:LE show voices from millhouse/ez

Tool pro - show voices from millhouse/ez

BBslayer Pro:

Slayer pro - <edit SHOW VOICES!> show voices from millhouse/ez

#1003 6 years ago

@cleland
Can I get you some coffee or cocaine or whatever it might take to get your kick ass 1.60 update done?
I updated to the base code from Stern and was reminded how bad the sound package is, absolutely cant stand that red neck hick voice and the walking dead theme ripoff that is horrible

#1004 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

cleland
Can I get you some coffee or cocaine or whatever it might take to get your kick ass 1.60 update done?
I updated to the base code from Stern and was reminded how bad the sound package is, absolutely cant stand that red neck hick voice and the walking dead theme ripoff that is horrible

Yep, Cleland, Cleland, Cleland!!!! Everyone is waiting for your magical version, including myself!!!

#1005 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

cleland

I'd love to get your PayPal address cleland just so I can send a little beer money your way. Really appreciate people like you taking time to do these kind of things! THANK YOU!

#1006 6 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

I'd love to get your PayPal address cleland just so I can send a little beer money your way. Really appreciate people like you taking time to do these kind of things! THANK YOU!

Dilly, Dilly!! (Ok, I admit this is close to being overused). I second that and would gladly contribute. I know you can’t sell this directly cleland due to DMCA implications, but I certainly don’t see anything wrong with me sending you some beer money for being such a nice guy.

#1007 6 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

Yep, Cleland, Cleland, Cleland!!!! Everyone is waiting for your magical version, including myself!!!

Yep! take my $$

#1008 6 years ago

I've been on a crazy IPA beer to Energy drink bender the last three days on this damn thing, it's a delicate balance
I finally finished and am uploading to my Premium now for a few test games.
Expect links shortly, and yeah if you're happy feel free to PM me and contribute to my said beer/energy drink fund....lol.

#1009 6 years ago

Great work here!

#1010 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I've been on a crazy IPA beer to Energy drink bender the last three days on this damn thing, it's a delicate balance
Expect links shortly, and yeah if you're happy feel free to PM me and contribute to my said beer/energy drink fund....lol.

Donate to this game changer!

#1011 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'm very happy with my Pro and looking forward for your sound replacement. Thank you very much!

#1012 6 years ago

For those like me that are following this post closely and maybe not the new code post:

Quoted from cleland:

For you early adopters here are links for what I call the "R" Rated versions which feature some of the darker language of the series. I'll post additional links tomorrow for those that are offended by foul language.
Don’t forget to go into game settings and change “speech attenuation” to around -10 to -20. Higher negative values make the speech louder over the music depending on your speaker setup.
If you have a Pro Version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0nrvmknade6etai/TWD160_CLELAND_R.BIN?dl=0
If you have an LE/Premium
https://www.dropbox.com/s/frsafcja1r9wd2a/TWD160LE_CLELAND_R.BIN?dl=0
Make note post #157 contains links.

#1013 6 years ago

Thanks for all the work you put into this Cleland! I can't wait to get your PG-13 version (once available) and mixed with RandomKG's NIN/Radiohead mix on my LE. Such an improvement over the stock sounds and a big reason why I love this game so much!

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

For those like me that are following this post closely and maybe not the new code post:

good stuff. I hadn't checked that thread in last day or so- my response there, echo'd here:

Awesome. I'll add my NIN/Radiohead to this over next couple days. I don't want to send multiple PMs per person, so I'll wait for Cleland to finish the pg13 version, then append mine and then finally start distributing both R rated and pg13 together via PM as before.

#1015 6 years ago

Can't wait to get home and install this!!! Like a kid on Christmas Eve I am!

#1016 6 years ago

THANK

YOU

CLELAND

You made this from one of Stern's more recent worst attempts at sound and speech(although sounds like GOTG is going to give it a run) to probably my favorite game of all time!

#1017 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

good stuff. I hadn't checked that thread in last day or so- my response there, echo'd here:
Awesome. I'll add my NIN/Radiohead to this over next couple days. I don't want to send multiple PMs per person, so I'll wait for Cleland to finish the pg13 version, then append mine and then finally start distributing both R rated and pg13 together via PM as before.

Thanks Kevin! Can't wait to have my favorite mix back.

#1018 6 years ago

Whats the music in the Cleland code?

#1019 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Call me ignorant, what does Cleland have stock and what does this add? My TWD had a custom rom loaded already so researching.

#1020 6 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

what does Cleland have stock and what does this add?

Audio from the tv series.

Quoted from BOBCADE:My TWD had a custom rom loaded already

Not a ROM. Software, you can update with a download on a USB stick.

LTG : )

#1021 6 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Call me ignorant, what does Cleland have stock and what does this add? My TWD had a custom rom loaded already so researching.

Hey Bob, you’re ignorant

Cleland alone has mostly stock music except for he borrowed my Woodbury music and I think he changed up the pre plunge music as well. Not sure what he did for 1.6.

Mine adds (on top of Cleland callouts as a source) much better instrumental well placed cuts from NIN and Radiohead to replace essentially all of the stock music. Both artists provide great dark atmospheric cuts that fit the mood extremely well.

#1022 6 years ago

Thanks guess I’ll try both and pick.

#1023 6 years ago

After installing 1.60, I noticed that cleland replaced the crossbow music. It was still the stock music in the previous cleland version I was running. I'm guessing that a version may have come out that I missed.

#1024 6 years ago

I am not a fan of the current sound. Your code makes it much better. I do miss the magnets as well. I know most players can do without the sdtm that happens sometimes. Can your new code keep them in play? I like the game with them. I’m a fan either way. Thanks

#1025 6 years ago
Quoted from Crazypins:

I am not a fan of the current sound. Your code makes it much better. I do miss the magnets as well. I know most players can do without the sdtm that happens sometimes. Can your new code keep them in play?

I'm confused. The new code doesn't get rid of the magnets. If anything, they seem a little more active now.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1026 6 years ago

What happened to Milhouse? I recall that he also had an updated version.

#1027 6 years ago
Quoted from Crazypins:

I am not a fan of the current sound. Your code makes it much better. I do miss the magnets as well. I know most players can do without the sdtm that happens sometimes. Can your new code keep them in play? I like the game with them. I’m a fan either way. Thanks

Any update impacting the magnets would have been coded by Stern with the new 1.60 version release. The sound package upgrade released by cleland just updates many of the game's callouts and sounds and as such it didn't touch on any of TWD's gameplay functionality to the best of my knowledge.

See the URL below for the README on what the new Stern code entails and if the magnet functionality was impacted.

http://f0727d06e1d39b514478-a613b39d02a32124478c749a23d19af0.r44.cf5.rackcdn.com/TWD-README_LE.TXT

Gord

#1028 6 years ago

Correct that I only replace sounds and music, I do nothing to any other areas of code. I did swap out music for:
Shooter lane groove(this has always been the case), ending match sequence(also always the case) and since the season 7 revisions I have changed Woodbury, and Crossbow music to RandomKG's selections as I think those fit those modes better than stock music. All other modes are stock music.

#1029 6 years ago
Quoted from Crazypins:

If the magnets aren't working check the fuse, the stock fuse blows out easily on this game

#1030 6 years ago
Quoted from jgadzia:

If the magnets aren't working check the fuse, the stock fuse blows out easily on this game

Yep. F7. It's a 4A slow blow.

#1031 6 years ago

I finished my updates and started pumping out PMs (whether you've messaged me recently or not). I hit the daily limit of 20 already... apparently I need Pinside+ to be able to send more than 20 PMs in a day. Heading to bed and will investigate tomorrow. If any of the first 20 experience any issues, pls let me know as I wasn't able to test since my machine is on route.

#1032 6 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

I finished my updates and started pumping out PMs (whether you've messaged me recently or not). I hit the daily limit of 20 already... apparently I need Pinside+ to be able to send more than 20 PMs in a day. Heading to bed and will investigate tomorrow. If any of the first 20 experience any issues, pls let me know as I wasn't able to test since my machine is on route.

So looking forward to getting your PM with your music version of the cleland code. Thanks for your efforts on this. Never have their been so many options to update code in such creative ways that do rule over the stock code.

#1033 6 years ago

Where’s the download link for cleland 1.6 version?

#1035 6 years ago
Quoted from bent98:

Where’s the download link for cleland 1.6 version?

Yeah I may have to switch to pg13. I left the other at R and my 7 and 9 year old were fine but Negans “I just slipped my dick down your throat and you like it” was too much I think. Lol

#1036 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Yeah I may have to switch to pg13. I left the other at R and my 7 and 9 year old were fine but Negans “I just slipped my dick down your throat and you like it” was too much I think. Lol

This is exactly why I offer a PG13 version. I don't have kids and if I did i wouldn't be letting them watch the show. I on the other hand like the darker side of Negan and his colorful profanity. He also says "I'm gonna beat the Eff, Effity, Eff out of each and every one of you" in the R version. And then you have Merle calling everyone "A bunch of pu$$ys".

#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

This is exactly why I offer a PG13 version. I don't have kids and if I did i wouldn't be letting them watch the show. I on the other hand like the darker side of Negan and his colorful profanity. He also says "I'm gonna beat the Eff, Effity, Eff out of each and every one of you" in the R version. And then you have Merle calling everyone "A bunch of pu$$ys".

The more R rated the better I say. I'd support an NC-17 version.

I just don't play Walking Dead or Rob Zombie when kids are around.

#1038 6 years ago

I just sent out ...a lot... of PMs as a recently enshrined Pinside+ member. If I missed you or you hadn't requested yet, feel free to chime in via PM. Thanks. Enjoy.

#1039 6 years ago

I took clelands version and swapped out a bunch of the music tracks.

#1040 6 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I took clelands version and swapped out a bunch of the music tracks.

Why?

#1041 6 years ago

Because it was easier than doing the whole thing from Scratch.

#1042 6 years ago

Because it was easier than doing the whole thing from Scratch.

No I mean "why" the disco disco soundtrack man.

#1043 6 years ago

Disco? I guess the starting song has funk feel to it, but it's just a remix of Canadian industrial band Digital Poodle. I had a Darkmen song in there I could put back. Did you think all the songs were disco?

#1044 6 years ago

Did you think all the songs were disco?

I didn't get very far to be honest but if you like it thats all that matters I was just kidding. I'm loving the Slayer edition from ezeltmann so much right now, that should give you an idea of where I am in all this. Digital Poodle? never heard of them but that wasn't funk thats for sure. I actually don't mind the stock music for this pin at all, Blood Bath, Siege and Horde are all amazing with everything else being good enough. Thats the beauty of the Slayer mix, plus you get a Cannibal Corpse attract mode. Thanks ED can't thank you enough sir.

#1045 6 years ago

Didn’t know there was a slayer version out there. I’ve got some front line assembly in my mix as well. You probably wouldn’t like my wwe mix. It’s all early 90s techno/rave.

I agree, it’s awesome being able to customize these the way you want. Looking for some more sterns with generic music just so I can change them up.

#1046 6 years ago

Cleland's last version was awesome. As far as I'm concerned, his experience as a sound engineer and his ability to combine that with just plain old love of the show are lightning in a bottle over and over again.

#1047 6 years ago

Ok I just uploaded randomkgs sound mod. What do you guys think are the settings for the best voice/music volume blend. Sometimes it seems like voices are too high vs music. I thought I saw a post about this earlier. But I can’t find it.

#1048 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I thought I saw a post about this earlier. But I can’t find it.

This was from an earlier post :

#150 set to -35 Speech Attenuation
#149 set to -5 Music Attenuation

Now the #150 and #149 may change numbers with the updates, but the part about speech and music remain. So dig around in that area of the settings to find it.

#1049 6 years ago

Thanks LTG, this sounds better.

#1050 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This was from an earlier post :

#150 set to -35 Speech Attenuation
#149 set to -5 Music Attenuation

Now the #150 and #149 may change numbers with the updates, but the part about speech and music remain. So dig around in that area of the settings to find it.

In the current Stern/Cleland update it's #153 and #154 . Set #1 on for adult language.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/21?hl=bent98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.