By milhouse

2 years ago

Stats

• 981 posts
  • 204 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by ezeltmann
  • Topic is favorited by 158 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 32 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Muisc.png
The_Walking_Dead_Cast_Funny.jpg
pasted_image.png
IMG_1719.jpg
IMG_41281.jpg
FullSizeRender1.jpg
Clelands_Fish_Topper_Order.png
IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_4.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 981 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 20.
#51 2 years ago

Whoever makes a sound pack using these videos wins

» YouTube video

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Ok Im stuck, I had to dig out my old Windows Laptop and I quite honestly have not used a Windows in like 4 years (I'm a Mac person) so its kicking my butt (keeps crashing) when I try to do this. Could anyone please put an even simpler how to guide on this if I mess up the dang thing dies on me. The simplest things on a Mac such as saving to are pretty difficult on a Windows when you haven't used one in forever. Any simplified help would be great.

I'm using an iMac and a great program called Crossover that will run windows apps right on your mac, works great! You can even try it out for 14 days which should be plenty of time to run the macro

#53 2 years ago

Maybe this will help...

» YouTube video

#54 2 years ago

I'm going to give it a shot this weekend. I'm a Mac guy, so I'll have to run crossover. This is uncharted territory for me.

Does this have the "They're f***ing with the wrong people" line?

#55 2 years ago

Awesome! Thank you! I'll work on this tomorrow

#56 2 years ago

OMG!!! This is FANTASTIC! Thanks so much milhouse for your great work; I cant tell u how much better this makes the game!
Originally I was upset over the lack of original voice work as im a huge fan of the show. Eventually I got over it as i have really enjoyed the gameplay despite the unfinished code; I even learned to tune out the hillbilly.
But boy-o-boy does this add another great dimension! I love hearing Rick telling me to "...shootem in the head..." or Daryl telling me"...come on or we're gonna lose the light.."; the governor adds an appropriate creepy element as well
Playing is so much harder at the moment cause im so busy listening to all the familiar voices and phrases

#57 2 years ago

btw, great video tutorial milhouse!

#58 2 years ago

Great job Milhouse and many thanks for all the hard work!

#59 2 years ago

Millhouse thanks for all your hard work! I tested it on the Pro and it work well I am running it now.

#60 2 years ago

Millhouse,
Thank you for everything! The step by step video worked! Thanks again for ALL the time you put into this project for TWD I & everybody else appreciates it!

#61 2 years ago

Glad it is being enjoyed....

#62 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Strangely quiet in here . I guess complaining about no voices trumps actually having the problem addressed . but this is the nature of the beast that is pinside.

It does amaze me that there are not more people excited by this. You and millhouse worked so hard on this with such good results.
The no real actor voices post was pages long. This makes a good playing game have good actor voices now.

#63 2 years ago

It's working well on my game. Big thanks to Millhouse for what is obviously a lot of work to make this happen. The actor voice callouts really make a great game even better.

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

It does amaze me that there are not more people excited by this. You and millhouse worked so hard on this with such good results.
The no real actor voices post was pages long. This makes a good playing game have good actor voices now.

To give credit where credit is due, i haven't released my sound package (only to a few testers). i expect to release it someday. The best part is everyone can customize their own vision of the game and hopefully share without repercussion. Adds a lot of value to a compatible Stern machine.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballlooking:

For me the game even without the actor voices is great. I had pre-ordered the LE, then there was the negativity about the hillbilly voice and I was seriously concerned that this would make the game a lemon. But it turned out much less of an issue to me than I though it would be.

Perhaps people are not trying this out due to the combination of the modification being a little outside their comfort zone and that people love the game even with the hillbilly.

Then again maybe everyone is too busy enjoying all the great new call outs.

If you haven't installed it - give it a go.

#66 2 years ago

Have only played TWD pro in tourneys; not an owner or fan of the show, but if I was and I'd bought one, I know I too would've been pretty disappointed at the lack of actor voices. I'm really happy for show fans and TWD owners who are thrilled by milhouse's very significant work and contribution.

Yet another vivid example of why this community is SO fantastic and its users so resourceful, talented, and happy to share with others. Agree with fattrain--this is awesome!! Congrats to all who will be super-excited about this.

Pinball people are the BEST!

#67 2 years ago

Thanks for giving this to the pinball community and making a great game even better.
I will be installing this the first chance I get. I am a big fan of the show and to now have the voices from the show on the game , well it's how it should have been from the start.
Once again massive thanks.

#68 2 years ago

Almost done, then its off to the USB!!! Thanks again this is awesome!!!

#69 2 years ago

My wife wasn't happy about the callouts (though she wasn't overly so), but I got it as a gift for her and it annoyed me. I was willing to live with it until I went to Atlantic City where she played the Walking Dead slot machine. Those machines have show voices and it makes it so much better, and since Pinball Browser makes this possible, I figured I'd give it a try. Luckily I have a programming background so I was able to automate a good portion of it. But some hillbilly yelling about bags of cats and guts just didn't do it for me.

#70 2 years ago

Awesome!!!!

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

Maybe this will help...
» YouTube video

Kick ass tutorial. Easy as killing walkers stuck in the mud.

#72 2 years ago

After updating it says error 8 press select to retry how do you get around this it gives no more options.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

After updating it says error 8 press elect to retry how do you get around this it gives no more options.

Had the same thing last night. Didn't get it to work. I redid the entire process, including downloading everything again. Trying again shortly.

#74 2 years ago

I had the same error, simple turn dip switch off exit out & play! It's there.

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I had the same error, simple turn dip switch off exit out & play! It's there.

Thanks!

#76 2 years ago

Thank You!

#77 2 years ago

Watch out on that error.
I had the error 8 after updating as well, I didn't try just ignoring it so I don't know if you will have any problems.
However you have to think it means that something went wrong.

To overcome the error I went through the whole procedure again and recreated the custom ROM from scratch following the tutorial. The first time I realised part way through the process that when I opened my renamed ROM although I had all the sounds - I didn't have the Cymbal part.
I thought it would be OK as the rest of the process went fine.

From the instructions:
You should see a list of sounds. The first one should be "Request 9", then a new line, then "Script 0x09 (0min00s415ms) - Cymbal-".

Another clue that something was wrong was that Pinball Browser threw up an error when I opened the renamed ROM file - something about Sound bookmarks missing.

Once I had this part correct (by following the instructions again) the custom ROM worked without an error.

#78 2 years ago

So there is less confusion, that error is a Pinball Browser issue:

From the Pinball Browser thread:

- When you save a firmware without the option "Keep CRC consistent", do not verify the image when upgrading : The upgrade process will end with a message saying that there was a problem ("Update Failed - Error code 8"). This is normal and it works.
If this option is set, you will not have this error, but your high scores and configuration will be erased after the upgrade (but you can backup/restore them - See "High Scores" section above). Please note that you cannot set this option back for a firmware that has been saved without this option.
- As the boot loader is in prom (not in flash), it is very unlikely that you brick your pinball when you patch your firmware. However, I am not 100% sure. So don't blame me if this happens...

More info here

#79 2 years ago

Whoa! This isn't going to mess the pin up when we go to update once the next code update comes out from Stern. I love this but still will obviously update when new un-modified Stern code is out!?!

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Whoa! This isn't going to mess the pin up when we go to update once the next code update comes out from Stern. I love this but still will obviously update when new un-modified Stern code is out!?!

Probably best to post this question in the Pinball Browser thread here because this is a Pinball Browser issue.

That said, there is no reason it should be an issue. Currently you have the ability to flash this custom rom and if you don't like it, flash back to the stock 1.19 rom. When the new release comes out, you should be able to flash that. Obviously you will lose the custom sounds with the new version (until someone releases another macro with a soundpack), but there shouldn't be any problem flashing a new version once released (as I plan to do).

#81 2 years ago

Hey, thanks for answering just got a little nervous there (ignore my PM its basically the same question)

#82 2 years ago

I have been following the Pinball Browser thread since the beginning and have never heard of problems updating (with Stern released updates) after loading modified software. The error keeps your settings. I like it better.

Question to OP: If i export mode music and add voices to it, does sharing that file fall under the same type of "fair use" exception. Seems like sharing the Audacity project (and having others import the music) might be the safer way to approach this.

#83 2 years ago

Can somebody anybody just pm me the file to load on twd pro 8)thank u in advance

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Question to OP: If i export mode music and add voices to it, does sharing that file fall under the same type of "fair use" exception. Seems like sharing the Audacity project (and having others import the music) might be the safer way to approach this.

I would be hesitant to answer because I am a lawyer and that's not my area of expertise, so I wouldn't want to give anyone else advice. Publishing your samples without the Stern songs is probably ok. People could then use Pinbal Browser to export the sound requests, import into Audigy, and save out. But I understand that's more of a pain.

#85 2 years ago

I installed this tonight on my Pro and I'm absolutely loving it. It really takes the game to another level. A huge thank you to the OP.

"Just remember: go for the brain!"

#86 2 years ago

Very, very cool and if you follow the tutorial, super easy and will take you maybe 10 mins.

Question though, what does everyone have their voice and music attenuation at? I can't remember if I adjusted mine when I first got the game and with the update I have trouble hearing the callouts over the music.

Random question, why is the file so much smaller than the Stern original file? Obviously it doesn't matter, I was just curious.

This adds a whole new dimension to the game, and those who are nervous about doing it, shouldn't be and it's very easily reversed if for some reason you wanted to go back to factory.

#87 2 years ago

can anyone help me find this file..i know where to look <here>.it sends me to a site called paste bin.com

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

Very, very cool and if you follow the tutorial, super easy and will take you maybe 10 mins.
Question though, what does everyone have their voice and music attenuation at? I can't remember if I adjusted mine when I first got the game and with the update I have trouble hearing the callouts over the music.
Random question, why is the file so much smaller than the Stern original file? Obviously it doesn't matter, I was just curious.
This adds a whole new dimension to the game, and those who are nervous about doing it, shouldn't be and it's very easily reversed if for some reason you wanted to go back to factory.

I had to turn the attenuation way down on the voice so I could hear them. Second, thanks for creating this OP.

#89 2 years ago
Quoted from n0s4atu:

The .bin file you flash to the machine should be the same size as the original Stern .bin (89,760KB). The .pbm (macro) file is smaller because it is just a text list of instructions pointing to the sound files.

#90 2 years ago
Quoted from itshowtime:

can anyone help me find this file..i know where to look <here>.it sends me to a site called paste bin.com

Go to pastebin and read the instructions. Links to all required files are in the instructions.
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=C2HQbGuK

#91 2 years ago

Quick question: how do you adjust the attenuation? I can't find it in the menu. Thanks in advance

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballZach:

Ok Im stuck, I had to dig out my old Windows Laptop and I quite honestly have not used a Windows in like 4 years (I'm a Mac person) so its kicking my butt (keeps crashing) when I try to do this. Could anyone please put an even simpler how to guide on this if I mess up the dang thing dies on me. The simplest things on a Mac such as saving to are pretty difficult on a Windows when you haven't used one in forever. Any simplified help would be great.

Pinball Browser work just fine with Crossover. Don't even need to run Windows!

https://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover-mac/

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Quick question: how do you adjust the attenuation? I can't find it in the menu. Thanks in advance

I figured it out (last setting in game settings). I set it to -10.

#94 2 years ago

Anybody who watched last nights walking dead must be dying to get Ricks sound byte into the game . I know it will be in mine by today. Spoilers excluded. When i find a good place for it and have the sound byte ready, I will send it to whomever PM's me.

i wish updating software didn't take so long.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Anybody who watched last nights Walking Dead must be dying to get Ricks sound byte into the game . I know it will be in mine by today. Spoilers excluded. When i find a good place for it and have the sound byte ready, I will send it to whomever PM's me.
i wish updating software didn't take so long.

I heard that too. I'll probably try to update it with sounds from the past two shows this week.

#96 2 years ago

I am trying to download file on a mac for new walking dead sounds, unfortunately my skills on laptop are limited and I am able to get new sounds. Anyone able to suggest how to. I have watched and followed but don't have enough knowledge.

#97 2 years ago

**SPOILER ALERT**

If you haven't seen this weeks Walking Dead you *probably* don't want to click on this video.

This sound has been designed for use with an external sub.

» YouTube video

#98 2 years ago

Huge thanks to the OP. Thanks in part to your sound files, I'll be picking up TWD next week! I already have my sounds picked out and will mess with the code over the next few days.

#99 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

**SPOILER ALERT**
If you haven't seen this weeks Walking Dead you *probably* don't want to click on this video.
This sound has been designed for use with an external sub.
» YouTube video

Awesome! When I saw last night's episode, the first thing I thought of when I heard that line was this very thread.

I love the idea of this thread/sound replacement turning into something that evolves and changes as the story progresses.

#100 2 years ago

Wow this must have been a lot of work to do! Thanks!

Just created the new .BIN and will be loading it on Marvin's LE in the next couple of days. Can't wait to hear it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 14.95
$ 12.00
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kirkwood, MO
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
1 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Parma, OH
$ 18.99
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 19.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 981 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.