IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_4.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 23.
#851 7 years ago

About to download. Does this have "They're fuckin' with the wrong people?" That's one of my favorite clips on the version I'm currently running.

#852 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Your wife will be happy it's Neegan saying "That is a no, no" There are only a couple of "Sh!ts" that might pop up, one being Neegan saying "Holy crap you are creepy as shit" I forgot if I put it on a Bicycle Girl hit, or Walker in the prison....

Yes, you can leave the naming alone. The "7" is for season 7 quotes. I'll be customizing my own rated R version with some more
dirty Neegan quotes. That will be named 7R at the end. I'll post this weekend for those that don't mind the more "colorful" side of TWD.

Oh, sweet! I'll wait for that one

#853 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I'll be customizing my own rated R version with some more "colorful" Negan quotes, that will be named 7R at the end. I'll post this weekend for those that don't mind the profanity.

Thank you. Pro version too, I hope.

LTG : )

#854 7 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

About to download. Does this have "They're fuckin' with the wrong people?" That's one of my favorite clips on the version I'm currently running.

That one hit the cutting room floor, but will go back into the 7R version....with a certain gnarly quote about a "Baseball Bat" from Negan,
and also the one about Negan putting something down Rick's throat and him thanking him for it

#855 7 years ago

Just played for about half an hour, so great! Thanks cleland and all the other contributors!! I can't believe how much it adds to the game!

#856 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

That one hit the cutting room floor, but will go back into the 7R version....with a certain gnarly quote about a "Baseball Bat" from Negan,
and also the one about Negan putting something down Rick's throat and him thanking him for it

Sweeeeeeeeeeet! Can't wait to check it out. Please don't forget about us Pro commonfolk.

#857 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Your wife will be happy it's Negan saying "That is a no, no" There are only a couple of "Sh!ts" that might pop up, one being Neegan saying "Holy crap you are creepy as shit" I forgot if I put it on a Bicycle Girl hit, or Walker in the prison....

Yes, you can leave the naming alone. The "7" is for season 7 quotes.
I'll be customizing my own rated R version with some more "colorful" Negan quotes, that will be named 7R at the end. I'll post this weekend for those that don't mind the profanity.

You just saved me a lot of glares from my wife Cleland Many thanks! This version sounds perfect.

#858 7 years ago

Thanks Lermods and cleland for your responses regarding the BIN file name. One other question for anyone, I guess it is not possible to backup the game adjustment settings and current high scores prior to installing this sound mod. Is that correct?

Just curious as the last time I did install the prior cleland sound mod my game was NIB so I didn't have any high scores or game settings that required saving. Not a big deal, just curious.

Gord

#859 7 years ago

Sweeeeeeeeeeet! Can't wait to check it out. Please don't forget about us Pro commonfolk.

There will be a Pro Rated R no problem. I build the code on the LE and run the macro on the Pro code.
"Easy Peasy Lemon Squeazy"....as Negan would say

#860 7 years ago

Even though I'm going to absolutely upgrade to the R-rated version this weekend, I downloaded the current version and loved it.

Favorite nugget so far: when Woodbury was lit, as I scrolled through the award options, Negan reminded me that "Not making a decision, is a biiiiiiiiiiig decision!"

#861 7 years ago

Even though I'm going to absolutely upgrade to the R-rated version this weekend, I downloaded the current version and loved it.
Favorite nugget so far: when Woodbury was lit, as I scrolled through the award options, Negan reminded me that "Not making a decision, is a biiiiiiiiiiig decision!"

Hahaha, I loved doing that one it's mixed in with the music but long enough after the first quote is triggered.
I tried to do something with Crossbow the same way but it happens way too fast to absorb a quote.
Thanks for noticing.

You should also like that when you hit the Well Walker in his mode sometimes you will hear
"It's about to be pee pee pants city in here real soon"

#862 7 years ago

Wow! This is spectacular. Thanks Cleland! So cool!

#863 7 years ago

Cleland = the man.

For the fans of my full Nine Inch Nails/Radiohead music mix that I append in top of Cleland's, hang tight.

Here is my promo video for it:

I should be able to get started pairing up with his versions this weekend. I'll go back thru my PMs and send links. I'm a little more protective with mine since one time I posted a link and Olivier (Oga83 - genius pinball browser programmer that made all this possible- donate to him...) wasn't a fan due to copyrights and stuff. Rightfully so.

#864 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Cleland = the man.
For the fans of my full Nine Inch Nails/Radiohead music mix that I append in top of Cleland's, hang tight.
» YouTube video
I should be able to get started pairing up with his versions this weekend. I'll go back thru my PMs and send links. I'm a little more protective with mine since one time I posted a link and Olivier (Oga83 - genius pinball browser programmer that made all this possible- donate to him...) wasn't a fan due to copyrights and stuff. Rightfully so.

NIN is my favorite band on Earth, and Radiohead is in my top 10-20, so I'd love to check this out once you've updated it.

If you were to do a straight NIN version, I don't think you'd ever have to worry about copyright stuff. Trent Reznor has always been cool about NIN being an open source project, offering sound files for fans to remix and do creative things.

#865 7 years ago

NIN is my favorite band on Earth, and Radiohead is in my top 10-20, so I'd love to check this out once you've updated it.
If you were to do a straight NIN version, I don't think you'd ever have to worry about copyright stuff. Trent Reznor has always been cool about NIN being an open source project, offering sound files for fans to remix and do creative things.

Kevin's NIN/Radiohead mix is my favorite and I'm looking forward to the new version with Cleland's updated quotes! The song choices really mesh up well and I like that they are all instrumental which make it feel like the music could have been created for the game originally vs. just songs playing in the background. In other words it doesn't feel like a mod to me and is an improvement over the stock package in every way. Give it a try!

#866 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Cleland = the man.
» YouTube video

Yes please!!

#867 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Kevin's NIN/Radiohead mix is my favorite and I'm looking forward to the new version with Cleland's updated quotes! The song choices really mesh up well and I like that they are all instrumental which make it feel like the music could have been created for the game originally vs. just songs playing in the background. In other words it doesn't feel like a mod to me and is an improvement over the stock package in every way. Give it a try!

Thanks Mike- I really did work very hard brainstorming the exact snippets for each mode over several mos as I listen to both bands consistently. I didn't set out to install music because I liked it (that didn't hurt of course), rather I really tried for perfect matches to each mode/game-sequence. And yes absolutely all instrumental!

#868 7 years ago

NIN mix rules and imo the entire pin is made better by these sound mods!

Please PM me a pro NIN link when you can.

#869 7 years ago

Cleland - You rock! I'm holding out for the R rated version before installing. Looking forward to some Negan quotes!

#870 7 years ago

Oooh, i'm very excited to see a new cleland version. Great news. I'm sure this has been asked before, but is there a way to keep your high scores and settings with an update? Using pinball browser itself or something?

#871 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

is there a way to keep your high scores and settings with an update? Using pinball browser itself or something?

Yes. It's non-trivial for an ordinary user but probably not for you Jim!
From the Pinball Browser thread, final question of the FAQ:
"______________________________________________________________
High Scores

Why would I need to modify the adjustments with Pinball Browser ?
To modify the default names/scores that are used after a factory or highscore reset.
You can use your name !

What are the real-time values ?
It’s the high score that is currently stored into the game (and not the factory default value).
If you have installed the communication patch, you alse can :
- backup/restore your current high scores
- modify your highscores in real time
- populate the list with the current pinball highscores"

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/38#post-2722290

#872 7 years ago

Can this be loaded into a stock game by downloading onto I usb stick and installing as the new code? Sorry if this is a silly question!

#873 7 years ago

Yes. See the link to the Pinball Browser FAQ in the post above yours. Questions about the message "Update Failed - Error code 8" are very common.

#874 7 years ago

IMO, this is the only mod for this game that is an absolute MUST. As cool as Color DMD is (and I have one in my TWD), this just adds so much more to the experience.

#875 7 years ago
#876 7 years ago

IMO, this is the only mod for this game that is an absolute MUST. As cool as Color DMD is (and I have one in my TWD), this just adds so much more to the experience.

All I would add is that a subwoofer is also an incredible mod with these new soundtracks.

Can't wait for Clelands R rated version. I'm guessing there are a lot of TWD owners clicking on this thread this fine Sunday.

#877 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Can't wait for Clelands R rated version. I'm guessing there are a lot of TWD owners clicking on this thread this fine Sunday.

I keep refreshing and crossing my fingers...

#878 7 years ago

Finishing up right now and trying to cram in a few more nuggets, then I'll load it onto my game for a few games to test it out.
Hopefully I'll post the link in about an hour or so if all goes well. What a challenge it's been to try and work this out. Most of the longer phrases are the best but most stock callouts are two seconds or less, so it's been a lot of editing and time compressing without sounding like a chipmunk. Hang tight....

#879 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Finishing up right now and trying to cram in a few more nuggets, then I'll load it onto my game for a few games to test it out.
Hopefully I'll post the link in about an hour or so if all goes well. What a challenge it's been to try and work this out. Most of the longer phrases are the best but most stock callouts are two seconds or less, so it's been a lot of editing and time compressing without sounding like a chipmunk. Hang tight....

Cleland, we appreciate all you do Bro. You rock!

#880 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Very Grateful!

....and you had an address for donations, as well?

#881 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Really cool. If you have a place for donations. Count me in.

#882 7 years ago

I sent cleland free mods to thank him, really appreciate the work on this.

#883 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I sent cleland free mods to thank him, really appreciate the work on this.

Indeed Lermods has graciously offered to send me some great lighting kits for my Ghostbusters Premium and MMR and I really, really appreciate that and look forward to installing them. Others that want to donate to my Beer/Monster Energy fund that keeps me going on this project feel free to PM me if you enjoy the work.

And with that here are links to the "R" rated versions which have some of the more "colorful" comments from Negan and others.
I'll probably revisit this one more time when I believe one more update may happen, but overall I'm pretty pleased with the results given what can be done. Enjoy!

Rated "R" LE/Premium Here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD156LE_CLELAND_7R.BIN

Rated "R" Pro Version Here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD156_CLELAND_7R.BIN

Refer to post number 840 for original season 7 updated versions.

#884 7 years ago

Awesome

#885 7 years ago

Huge thank you cleland !

#886 7 years ago

Once someone installs this please upload some gameplay video.

#887 7 years ago

This sounds good. How do I get it to load?

#888 7 years ago

Big thanks brother. Your work is appreciated!

#889 7 years ago

Just played a few games on the R-rated code. Good times.

#890 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

This sounds good. How do I get it to load?

Do it like a regular SAM System update.

#891 7 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

How do I get it to load?

Download it, put on a USB stick. Then :

http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb164.pdf

#892 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Download it, put on a USB stick. Then :
http://www.sternpinball.com/upload/downloads/sb164.pdf

All good. It wasn't registering so I downloaded it onto another USB and it working fine now. Thanks

#893 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Yes. It's non-trivial for an ordinary user but probably not for you Jim!
From the Pinball Browser thread, final question of the FAQ:
"______________________________________________________________
High Scores
What are the real-time values ?
It’s the high score that is currently stored into the game (and not the factory default value).
If you have installed the communication patch, you alse can :
- backup/restore your current high scores
- modify your highscores in real time
- populate the list with the current pinball highscores"
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images/page/38#post-2722290

Thanks for that. So do i need a licence first before being able to save the changed high score data? I see i can change the default values to the ones i have achieved previously and that the comms patch can get you your existing data, though that appears to need including into the binary first before you can use it, so currently wouldn't be any use to get my hs and settings data.

Edit: Update. Got myself a licence and saved my file fine. Updated all my HS and settings data before reupdating. Lovely

#894 7 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Indeed Lermods has graciously offered to send me some great lighting kits for my Ghostbusters Premium and MMR and I really, really appreciate that and look forward to installing them. Others that want to donate to my Beer/Monster Energy fund that keeps me going on this project feel free to PM me if you enjoy the work.
And with that here are links to the "R" rated versions which have some of the more "colorful" comments from Negan and others.
I'll probably revisit this one more time when I believe one more update may happen, but overall I'm pretty pleased with the results given what can be done. Enjoy!
Rated "R" LE/Premium Here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD156LE_CLELAND_7R.BIN
Rated "R" Pro Version Here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD156_CLELAND_7R.BIN
Refer to post number 840 for original season 7 updated versions.

Awesome update. Thanks a lot. It rocks

If you do do another tweak, then consider the following abraham quotes for the R rated one. Some belters in there

#895 7 years ago

Thank you for making one of Stern's best even better with these sound packs. Makes it a better game by getting rid of the NASCAR guy for mostly show quotes.

#896 7 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Awesome update. Thanks a lot. It rocks
If you do do another tweak, then consider the following abraham quotes for the R rated one. Some belters in there
» YouTube video

Love, "Bitch Nuts!"

#897 7 years ago

Anyone have any video of the new Cleland update?

#898 7 years ago

Finally got around to this. I've made my Radiohead/NIN changes to Cleland's new mix. MikeS, i'm sending to you first to test for me before I respond to all my PMs from the past.

anybody who hasn't experienced yet, PM me. you don't have to like nin/radiohead to appreciate how well it fits

#899 7 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Finally got around to this. I've made my Radiohead/NIN changes to Cleland's new mix. MikeS, i'm sending to you first to test for me before I respond to all my PMs from the past.
anybody who hasn't experienced yet, PM me. you don't have to like nin/radiohead to appreciate how well it fits

Thanks Kevin! I'm loading it on my game now and will let you know if there are any issues after playing a handful of games. And for those on the fence this update is totally worth your while! It's the perfect soundtrack to go along with Cleland's sound package.

#900 7 years ago

To all my PMs past and present, hang in there, I'm chipping away at iterations with MikeS's help. I'll shotgun a ton of replies with four links as planned once done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 16.00
$ 8.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 26.95
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.