IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_4.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 23.
#651 8 years ago

Would someone mind pm'ing me a link to a complete Millhouse 1.56LE rom? Have been loving Clelands but would like to try Millhouses as well.

#652 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Can you tell me why you like the Milhouse version vs Cleland or Eskaybee version? Just so I know instead of taking the time to reflash and losing my scores- thanks !

I am curious as well, what are most people running?

#653 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I am curious as well, what are most people running?

I'm running clelands - never tried mill house version. Interested as well.

#654 8 years ago

I have ezeltmann's version installed. He added sound bites during the music of each individual mode. Each are very well done. Tunnel and CDC especially.

#655 8 years ago

There's a third version out there?

#656 8 years ago

I had millhouses version on for a while and it's very good. I switched to the skb version and it's very different, feels more like factory. Haven't used clelands yet.

On Skb version, the Woodbury music is missing, the opening and closing music are different, these three things I don't like...Woodbury on MH is awesome. The only benefit I see is that the callouts fit the game better relative to millhouses version, it will say things like shoot the tower. The downfall is that it's that's stupid redneck voice telling you where to shoot. In skb version, there doesn't seem to be many show voices at least relative to mh.

I'm going to switch to clelands version today I think.

#657 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I had millhouses version on for a while and it's very good. I switched to the skb version and it's very different, feels more like factory. Haven't used clelands yet.
On Skb version, the Woodbury music is missing, the opening and closing music are different, these three things I don't like...Woodbury on MH is awesome. The only benefit I see is that the callouts fit the game better relative to millhouses version, it will say things like shoot the tower. The downfall is that it's that's stupid redneck voice telling you where to shoot. In skb version, there doesn't seem to be many show voices at least relative to mh.
I'm going to switch to clelands version today I think.

Lermods can you please give us a comparison of pros & cons on the SKB vs cleland vs milhouse sound packages.

It sounds like the only downside to the cleland & milhouse package is that you lose specific shot call outs, but it sounds like SKB & ezeltmann's remix give you call outs. Has anyone else tried ezeltmann's sound package?

#658 8 years ago

I have clelands installed and it's awesome. My buddy who has the factory package installed says it feels totally different playing mine.

#659 8 years ago

It sounds like the only downside to the cleland & milhouse package is that you lose specific shot call outs,

I have tried both Cleland's and Millhouse, and have stuck with Milhouses'. He still keeps enough of the shot specific call outs, and uses a great variety of show call outs.

I found Cleland's to have no shot specific call outs, and way too much Merle (for such a minor character). Especially the tilt warning, considering how much nudging the machine requires. That got old real quick. Milhouse uses the default Stern tilt warning sound.

I cannot comment on the others.

#660 8 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I have tried both Cleland's and Millhouse, and have stuck with Milhouses'. He still keeps enough of the shot specific call outs, and uses a great variety of show call outs.
I found Cleland's to have no shot specific call outs, and way too much Merle (for such a minor character). Especially the tilt warning, considering how much nudging the machine requires. That got old real quick. Milhouse uses the default Stern tilt warning sound.
I cannot comment on the others.

Smoke, Can you link me to the latest version of the Milhouse code I would like to try it.
Thanks

#661 8 years ago

I installed Cleland's and will need more time on it. At first glance, I can tell it has more show callouts than SKB, and about the same as MH. Still not clear to me whether the sounds refer to specific shots whereas in SKBs version the factory callouts for specific shots were very clear.

For now, I am giving the edge to MH based on the fact that I like his shooter lane, woodbury and end of game music the best of all three. There basically is no woodbury music for SKB and Cleland and MH's rocks! MH's version has a bit more adult language and has an edgier feel to it overall, but I only have a few games on Cleland so far.

I want to be very clear that in no way am I criticizing these guys, they've done great work and it is very much appreciated. I'd be happy with any of these versions over the factory and am really happy we have three to choose from. Thank you all!

#662 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I installed Cleland's and will need more time on it. At first glance, I can tell it has more show callouts than SKB, and about the same as MH. Still not clear to me whether the sounds refer to specific shots whereas in SKBs version the factory callouts for specific shots were very clear.
For now, I am giving the edge to MH based on the fact that I like his shooter lane, woodbury and end of game music the best of all three. There basically is no woodbury music for SKB and Cleland and MH's rocks! MH's version has a bit more adult language and has an edgier feel to it overall, but I only have a few games on Cleland so far.
I want to be very clear that in no way am I criticizing these guys, they've done great work and it is very much appreciated. I'd be happy with any of these versions over the factory and am really happy we have three to choose from. Thank you all!

Regardless of versions which we prefer, the best thing out of all of this is we actually have *multiple* options to do this. I'm grateful these guys went out of their way to provide different versions and flavors of replacing the sounds. Personally I went with the SKB version because it has better game oriented call outs and less adult language for kid use.. I have music during the Woodbury shot too if I recall, maybe he updated it?

If anyone has a link to a video for the Milhouse version id love to hear the differences as it's the only one I haven't tried I think.. Thanks !!

#663 8 years ago

Where can I get the latest mh code?

#664 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Where can I get the latest mh code?

you are on the thread that contains all of the information you seek. Not just zucot.

Although Millhouse might have taken his down by now.

#665 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Regardless of versions which we prefer, the best thing out of all of this is we actually have *multiple* options to do this. I'm grateful these guys went out of their way to provide different versions and flavors of replacing the sounds. Personally I went with the SKB version because it has better game oriented call outs and less adult language for kid use.. I have music during the Woodbury shot too if I recall, maybe he updated it?
If anyone has a link to a video for the Milhouse version id love to hear the differences as it's the only one I haven't tried I think.. Thanks !!

The music for Woodbury on SKB and Cleland was a faint guitar sound, maybe a couple of light chords. For MH, it was rock music, which I liked a lot.

#666 8 years ago

Smoke, Can you link me to the latest version of the Milhouse code I would like to try it.
Thanks

Will check once home. Just at the location doing my weekly visit. First tourney of the season for the league tomorrow night!

#667 8 years ago

Thanks

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/13#post-2839155

I am really trying to understand why people can't find this stuff. Is it because you are on a cell phone browsing? It's one page back.

#668 8 years ago

I found the Milhouse one to contain the balance of factory and show call outs that suits me. Love the music replacement also.
It's all personal preference so trying each one yourself is the best way to get what's best for you. I think it also depends if you watch the show as to what sound replacement will suit.

#669 8 years ago

I have not checked this thread in awhile and got a good chuckle from all the comments...in a very good way
Bottom line is yes, it's awesome we have multiple versions for all, variety is the spice of life!

I will say, my version uses almost all show call outs. No redneck "Shoot For The Tower" but replaced with "We outta check out the tower" from the show...so things do line up. Sometimes Michone will say "Somebody hit the jackpot" when you get a jackpot shot in multi ball, so it makes sense. I left all original music except for the shooter lane groove and game over/match sequence. I know Milhouse did some crazy song replacements and Ed has samples mixed in his music, both are different and enjoyable.

I think the best approach is to load each one of our codes for awhile and then load another. It's like playing a new game every 3 months for me.

Big thanks to Milhouse and EdZ for supplying me with alot of the quotes and to all of us for putting our own artistic effort into it.

Final word, while in my very early builds Merle was prevalent and overused, I really think my 1.56 build is very well balanced with all characters.

#670 8 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

I have not checked this thread in awhile and got a good chuckle from all the comments...in a very good way
Bottom line is yes, it's awesome we have multiple versions for all, variety is the spice of life!
I will say, my version uses almost all show call outs. No redneck "Shoot For The Tower" but replaced with "We outta check out the tower" from the show...so things do line up. Sometimes Michone will say "Somebody hit the jackpot" when you get a jackpot shot in multi ball, so it makes sense. I left all original music except for the shooter lane groove and game over/match sequence. I know Milhouse did some crazy song replacements and Ed has samples mixed in his music, both are different and enjoyable.
I think the best approach is to load each one of our codes for awhile and then load another. It's like playing a new game every 3 months for me.
Big thanks to Milhouse and EdZ for supplying me with alot of the quotes and to all of us for putting our own artistic effort into it.
Final word, while in my very early builds Merle was prevalent and overused, I really think my 1.56 build is very well balanced with all characters.

Well said. It's been an awesome ride and very exciting following all of the code updates and trying out new ways to enhance the game.

I don't think there has been any other massive efforts by multiple people to share custom voice code. Thanks to everyone , including those who have the game and just enjoy alternate code.

#671 8 years ago

Been playing Clelands code and it's great, as good as the one millhouses did. Cant go wrong with either. Only major difference I see is the music after you make the Woodbury shot. MH has a more upbeat tune. For this reason and this reason only, I am going to go back to the mh code.

#672 8 years ago

Someone pointed out that i had the wrong link up for LE / PREMIUM

Here is the latest.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fak3n9y8y262cnb/TWD156ez.bin?dl=0

#673 8 years ago

Which version has the funky ver. of the end music and the "We call ourselves the Walking Dead" with thunder at the end. I forget what version I stuck with. This is the one I preferred. It does have alot of Merle so I assume it's Cleland.

#674 8 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Which version has the funky ver. of the end music and the "We call ourselves the Walking Dead" with thunder at the end. I forget what version I stuck with. This is the one I preferred. It does have alot of Merle so I assume it's Cleland.

EDIT: My bad. Yes, the match sequence does do exactly what you're talking about. I was thinking of the call outs after this sequence of events.

#675 8 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

I think you are talking about Clelands, but my version has the Match animation thunder sequence that Cleland also uses (somewhat differently).

#676 8 years ago

Has anyone tried this sound replacement with TWD pro and had success ?

#677 8 years ago
Quoted from dracula40:

Has anyone tried this sound replacement with TWD pro and had success ?

Yes.

#679 8 years ago

I'm running Milhouses V1.41. This version has all of the music, sound, and voice clips right where I enjoy them most. When I remember to, i'm going to DL the earlier versions he made just to have them. Mods like this brought the game to new heights!

#680 8 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I think you are talking about Clelands, but my version has the Match animation thunder sequence that Cleland also uses (somewhat differently).
» YouTube video

I tried a few at the time. I can't remember which one I stuck with. I think it's Cleland as well. I like the thunder at the end. I hear Rick saying you're F'king with the wrong with guy once in a while. That's cool as well. Either way, they all beat the factory sounds.

btw, like your initials. No need for me to beat your high scores if I had one of your games ;-P

1 week later
#681 8 years ago

I have heard Milhouse and Cleland and prefer Cleland, aside from a couple things that I simply HAVE to change. All Andrea must go and I need to find a way to get "Carl/Coral" in there I think. More Herschel too. I've got time and effort, but I can't find a good long overwhelming repository of the show's sounds? googling has only presented me with a couple of decent sounds and a couple them I couldn't download...and from buggy ad crazy sites.

#682 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

...and from buggy ad crazy sites.

Stop the pain: Google "Adblock"

1 week later
#683 8 years ago

Is there a Sound replacement for the Pro ?

Thanks

#684 8 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Is there a Sound replacement for the Pro ?

Cleland's.

LTG : )

1 week later
#685 8 years ago

Could someone please clarify, do you have to install the factory code each time before installing any custom code?

#686 8 years ago

What's the best for the LE and how do I get it?

#687 8 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Could someone please clarify, do you have to install the factory code each time before installing any custom code?

No.

LTG : )™

#688 8 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What's the best for the LE and how do I get it?

Milhouse...go back in thread and you will see download links.

#689 8 years ago

I am running Milhouse but at some point I would like to give Cleland's code a try.

#690 8 years ago

Ive enjoyed them both, and factory...trying each for a while.
Clelands has been my favorite....I guess a handfall of callouts is the reason.

But great joy in knowing that a]I can change over in a few minutes and Spice up the game!

#691 8 years ago

Is there an active link for millhouse 1.41 download?

The link on the other page is broken. Some mentioned they like this version better, would like to try it out.

Thanks

#692 8 years ago

Just loaded Cleland package and was blown away by the end of game sequence, its awesome!

#693 8 years ago

SO I've just downloaded 4 separate versions of this update... I think Cleland, MH, SKB and one other? Before I kill my current scores and spend time flashing, I wanted to see if any of these replacements fit what I am looking for:

- I haven't watched any (and I mean not even one minute) of the show, so originality is not an issue. Just looking for quality and variety in callouts

- I like the music Stern has created and don't see a need to replace it.

- I *do* want to replace some/all of the redneck, simply because there's too much of him. Most games have a variety of voices/characters.. this game has only the redneck.

- I'd like if callouts critical to play are either preserved with the redneck, or replaced with callouts that convey the same information. There's not too many of these.. "head for the tower" and "gonna be a bloodbath" among the few I can remember, but definitely want game-related speech preserved.

Which of the four replacement packages best fits the above?

#694 8 years ago

Just loaded Cleland package and was blown away by the end of game sequence, its awesome!

that's one of the only things I changed.. ha to each their own. I used Cleland, removed as much Andrea as I could find, added instrumental intro to Eye of the Tiger for Arena (funny and fits) and replaced the end of game music to be a cut from Radiohead Weird Fishes (beginning of the outro, no vocals). I'm biased- but man it fits perfect.

anyone interested, Pm me and I can share

#695 8 years ago

Go with cleland or mh. I run mh solely because I like his woodbury shot music better. Skb has too much of the stock redneck voice.

#696 8 years ago

I'm running Millhouse, but there are a couple of the songs I want to change out, maybe even back to the original. I actually preferred the original crossbow song to the replacement. Since I cannot export, I need a macro of the Millhouse version.

Overall I think the callouts are pretty well placed on this version, its just a couple of the songs I don't care for.

#697 8 years ago

I am using SKB. I think it has a great balance of both call outs.

#698 8 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

SO I've just downloaded 4 separate versions of this update... I think Cleland, MH, SKB and one other? Before I kill my current scores and spend time flashing, I wanted to see if any of these replacements fit what I am looking for:
- I haven't watched any (and I mean not even one minute) of the show, so originality is not an issue. Just looking for quality and variety in callouts
- I like the music Stern has created and don't see a need to replace it.
- I *do* want to replace some/all of the redneck, simply because there's too much of him. Most games have a variety of voices/characters.. this game has only the redneck.
- I'd like if callouts critical to play are either preserved with the redneck, or replaced with callouts that convey the same information. There's not too many of these.. "head for the tower" and "gonna be a bloodbath" among the few I can remember, but definitely want game-related speech preserved.
Which of the four replacement packages best fits the above?

Milhouse. It has a solid balance of shot instructions with a good variance of show call outs.

That being said, I have only tried Milhouse and Cleland upgrades.

1 week later
#699 8 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

that's one of the only things I changed.. ha to each their own. I used Cleland, removed as much Andrea as I could find, added instrumental intro to Eye of the Tiger for Arena (funny and fits) and replaced the end of game music to be a cut from Radiohead Weird Fishes (beginning of the outro, no vocals). I'm biased- but man it fits perfect.
anyone interested, Pm me and I can share

here's link to mine. it's Cleland, with the edits listed above as well one I forgot, I added the actual theme music to pre ball plunge and removed his groove bassy club mix thing. all the scores should be set to 10M or less as well.
If you like to experiment, this is worth your time, I did a great job on the Arena and Game Over music. Took several tries until I got it right in terms of start/stop and volume.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8EEqBkX-uPMRzdlc3VDV3ViODg/view?usp=sharing

1 week later
#700 8 years ago

Question.. (and I am really new to this, but been lurking for quite a while). I loaded the Millhouse 1.56 bin on my premium. It was the first thing I did. I noticed I was getting this loud and awful squelch/chirp randomly. I started realizing it was happening on the Match (when the numbers matched), and Replay events. So I turned those off because it is set up as free play anyhow. The problem seemed to go away, until I hit the #1 high score on it last night, and it made that awful sound again. Has anyone experienced anything like this? Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
$ 16.00
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.