IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_4.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 23.
#601 8 years ago

Thank you Cleland !
LTG : )

#602 8 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Here are my new links for those interested in The Walking Dead sound replacement code for ver 1.56.
Enjoy this great game!
LE/Premium
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD156LE_CLELAND.BIN
Pro
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD156_CLELAND.BIN

Here's a modified cleland sound package. 30% show sounds / 70% factory scripted.

v1.56 LE/Prem Only

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8bjh1m3eis1e2pf/TWD156LE_SKB.BIN?dl=0

#603 8 years ago

Ugh. Why do they seem to always update it less than a week after the last update?

#604 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Here's a modified cleland sound package. 30% show sounds / 70% factory scripted.
v1.56 LE/Prem Only

I have not heard the factory scripted stuff yet. Is it still the same redneck announcer? Pete said something about Rick narrating??

Is it any good? Are there any videos of the new code?

Julie

#605 8 years ago
Quoted from HumanFemale:

I have not heard the factory scripted stuff yet. Is it still the same redneck announcer? Pete said something about Rick narrating??
Is it any good? Are there any videos of the new code?
Julie

My version still has some of the redneck and new Rick sound alike call outs. Clelands is about 99% show call outs. Some of the redneck call outs aren't bad and some are horrid. I got rid of the real bad ones. Me and a few other pinheads like the other ones cause they're relevant to the game. It's all preference, but in the end, the more options the better I say

#606 8 years ago

Thanks heaps guys for the options to make the call outs fit how awesome this game has become!

#607 8 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

If you would prefer the macro and the sound files, please let me know.

That would be great.

#608 8 years ago

Thanks again Milhouse!!

#609 8 years ago

Some of the music from the 1.41 version got lost in the move over (I.e. Game over theme, and some other misc music that you had in the previous version)....but nonetheless, fantastic placement of call outs and music changes where it was needed. By far the cleanest version out there IMHO. Looking forward to the music tweaks!

#610 8 years ago

Did Milhouse updated version 1.56 yet? I only see 1.53...

Not crazy about techno walking dead music in the beginning of the game from cleland, just my opinion I am also not crazy about the ending music.

#611 8 years ago

I haven't updated it to 1.56 yet. It looks like I can't load the Communications Patch with the new code, which is annoying (no more serial communication unless the Pinball Browser developer updates), but I should be able to upload a 1.56 version tonight.

Also, I am aware that the music in particular has changed from 1.41 to 1.56 and I don't like it either. I am working through the machine to try to figure out when certain songs play so I can identify which need to be switched.

#612 8 years ago

Awesome, you're the man! it's funny how (IMO) the music that they used in the initial release was the best ... it's gone downhill from there.

#613 8 years ago

Agreed!

The 1.56 update is very minor. Fixed a few bugs that apparently some people were having. I had zero issues so far with the update. Clocked over a dozen long games with the new code.

Quoted from AttilaK:

Did Milhouse updated version 1.56 yet? I only see 1.53...
Not crazy about techno Walking Dead music in the beginning of the game from cleland, just my opinion I am also not crazy about the ending music.

#614 8 years ago

On second thought, I will just do a bigger update tomorrow. I am going to spend some time tonight to get the music right in this release.

#616 8 years ago

Below you will fine my last binary release of my Walking Dead Sound Replacement (v 1.56). There are several reasons why I am no longer releasing binaries, but really it comes down to time and Pinball Browser. The only reason this project exists is because of Pinball Browser and the author has asked me to stop posting binaries. He has valid reasons for doing so which I agree with, not least of which is that Stern can change their code so that future updates cannot be read or written using Pinball Browser, which would mean we will have to choose between running old code with replacement sounds, or newer code with original sounds. Neither seems like a good option, so while it may not make any difference and Stern can do whatever they want, I am not going to force their hand.

There are other options out there for those of you who want binaries, and I do plan to release my Macros/Sounds so that you can do the update yourself, but no Stern code will be included in the files. Its not hard to do, but its not as easy as plugging in a USB drive either.

1.56 Pro
1.56 LE
1.56 Premium

#617 8 years ago

My good man milhouse...code for my premium is not working, and I also tried for LE and nothing!
When I plug in the usb, the machine is not detecting anything....

#618 8 years ago

Found the problem, i needed to extract...all is cool...thanks

#619 8 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

Below you will fine my last binary release of my Walking Dead Sound Replacement (v 1.56). There are several reasons why I am no longer releasing binaries, but really it comes down to time and Pinball Browser. The only reason this project exists is because of Pinball Browser and the author has asked me to stop posting binaries. He has valid reasons for doing so which I agree with, not least of which is that Stern can change their code so that future updates cannot be read or written using Pinball Browser, which would mean we will have to choose between running old code with replacement sounds, or newer code with original sounds. Neither seems like a good option, so while it may not make any difference and Stern can do whatever they want, I am not going to force their hand.
There are other options out there for those of you who want binaries, and I do plan to release my Macros/Sounds so that you can do the update yourself, but no Stern code will be included in the files. Its not hard to do, but its not as easy as plugging in a USB drive either.
1.56 Pro
1.56 LE
1.56 Premium

It's a shame it's not ok for us collectors to do whatever we want with our machines, it's ok to mod the crap out of them but not change some sounds?
Thanks heaps Milhouse for all you work I used your SR first and then tried some others which were great but man I just love the music you have used it's awesome! (not at first as kept missing cross bow shot due to grooving to the music lol)

I hope that these sort of "MODS" are looked upon eventually as what they are, MODS!

#620 8 years ago

Just loaded the latest code from Milhouse... is there a setting I need to look at to enable music? Ball_Shine .. reason why I am asking as it seems I don't have any new music during cross bow. Otherwise new code is great with call outs, etc.

Thanks

#621 8 years ago

Yes after playing it seems that the cross bow music has been changed back to original
Noooooo I loved that!

#622 8 years ago

I couldn't test crossbow for some reason, but I will fix it.

#623 8 years ago

Milhouse, the main theme from the walking dead sound low quality compared to the original stern. Were you not able to use the file from stern, it's sounds a little higher in quality. I'm only talking about the theme, everything else is perfect...and thank you again for doing this, makes a world of a difference playing this game.

#624 8 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

I couldn't test crossbow for some reason, but I will fix it.

Thanks mate PM sent

#625 8 years ago

Fixed and re-uploaded. Links are the same.

#626 8 years ago

Installed the latest. Wow, awesome job Milhouse! love the new tunes, especially the CDC makes this game so much better.

#627 8 years ago

Milhouse, can you confirm the following requests?

Request #36 = High Score
Request #47 = Post Game
Request #71 = Crossbow Mode
Request #73 = Woodbury
Request #78 = What the hell? Some crazy island calypso music? I know that's in the original code, but I'm not a fan of wherever that might play.

I like some of the music changes you made, might copy a couple

#628 8 years ago

I don't use Requests, but I think you can use the addresses in the attached to figure it out using Pinball Browser. I don't think the Calypso music is used anywhere, but I don't know if there is a way to confirm that.

Muisc.pngMuisc.png

#629 8 years ago

Thanks for the screen shot, very helpful!

#630 8 years ago

I think the Calypso music plays if you win Last Man Standing.

2 weeks later
#631 8 years ago

So, I am trying to do this for the first time, and when I try to download the TWD Sound Files and the Pinball Broswer support files from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bphwljj5ihkcrl7/TWD119LE%20Sound%20Replacement.zip?dl=0

I am getting a 404 Error.

Maybe the process has been simplified greatly since almost a year ago? I just flat-out started with the original post and was following the instructions step for step.

On an alternate approach (plan B if you will), I DO have a bin file that definitely has the new callouts in it (verified it in Pinball Broswer), but without the sound and support files, I don't really know what to do next....?

Has this process been super-streamlined so all you have to do is put your updated 1.56 bin file on a usb and stick in into your game and let it update...or....wha....? First time I've ever done this, and after reading 12-13 pages, I am THINKING it is that simple but wanted to check with those of you that have done it successfully before using the "shotgun" or "hope and pray" method.

Any help for a noob would be great =/....

#632 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Has this process been super-streamlined so all you have to do is put your updated 1.56 bin file on a usb and stick in into your game and let it update....

Yes.

Turn game off, move dip switch 8 to the left, turn game on and follow the instructions. No need to verify it if you are comfortable with the file.

#633 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes.
Turn game off, move dip switch 8 to the left, turn game on and follow the instructions. No need to verify it if you are comfortable with the file.

Did Cleland make it super simple for us with this post?

Quoted from cleland:

Here are my new links for those interested in The Walking Dead sound replacement code for ver 1.56.
Enjoy this great game!
LE/Premium
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD156LE_CLELAND.BIN
Pro
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85245931/TWD156_CLELAND.BIN

#634 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Did Cleland make it super simple for us with this post?

Yes, I used his for the simplicity and it's great!

#635 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes.

Quoted from RonB:

Yes, I used his for the simplicity and it's great!

Thanks, guys!

I ask because with Stern making more of this title soon, there is going to be an influx of new owners wanting to know how to do this. If it is truly as simple as putting Cleland's bin on a formatted thumbdrive, following Lermod's instructions and the game's callouts now being properly updated, I am sure new owners will appreciate a succinct walkthrough.

So basically (for myself and upcoming new owners/old owners who stumble upon this upgrade):

1. Download Cleland's BIN file here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/12#post-2832470

2. Place the BIN file on a freshly formatted thumbdrive - basically exactly what you would do for a ColorDMD ROM file upgrade.

3. Turn game off, move dip switch 8 to the left, turn game on and follow the instructions.

And boom, you're done. Am I following that correctly?

#636 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Am I following that correctly?

No need to turn the game off. Set dip switch 8 to left, hit the enter diagnostic button, the screen tells you to plug in the USB stick, do so. Then hit enter to update.

LTG : )™

#637 8 years ago

Thanks everyone for your help. It really was super insanely easy. Already got the sound update installed. I think Metallik and I play 5-6 games, and then that was it. I'll almost never know what TWD originally sounded like, and that's fine with me. Hearing the cast making callouts in the game is supremely awesome.

For EVERYONE looking to do this upgrade once Stern has some remade and gets them delivered into homes January 2016, here's what you need to do:

1. Download Cleland's BIN file here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/12#post-2832470

2. Place the BIN file on a freshly formatted thumbdrive - basically exactly what you would do for a ColorDMD ROM file upgrade.

3. Turn game off, move dip switch 8 to the left, turn game on and follow the instructions. (not discrediting you Lloyd, this is just how I did it)

4. Wait a good 20 minutes for the game to erase the current memory and install the new BIN file. Follow the prompts on the screen to return the game to normal mode once the code update is complete.

5. Play and enjoy TWD with the sound the way it always should have been.

THANK you to Cleland and Milhouse for all of this. Is there a way to donate to you guys for your efforts? I will gladly chip in for this.

- Jeremiah

#638 8 years ago

Accidental 2x post.

#639 8 years ago

Whats the difference between the cleland and milhouse code's?

#640 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Whats the difference between the cleland and milhouse code's?

I am not qualified to answer. I did Cleland's as it was a literal "plug n play" - minimal amount of effort. Not saying Milhouse's is not; just after 12+ page of reading up on this, I went for what I saw as the quickest and easiest method.

#641 8 years ago

The call outs on Milhouses version were spot on. The music selections I wasn't exactly fond of, and wound up restoring my machine back to my 1.41 version. All of the music and call outs fit the game perfectly. I don't know why changes were made afterwards.

That being said, stern changed some of the music at times which annoyed me. All of the changes felt somewhat out of place. At least I have a copy of the version I liked the most: Milhouses 1.41

#642 8 years ago

You can blame the music changes on Stern. I set up the music for 1.41 and then Stern moved some stuff around. I wasn't able to figure out what changed exactly, so unfortunately the music changed with it.

#643 8 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

You can blame the music changes on Stern. I set up the music for 1.41 and then Stern moved some stuff around. I wasn't able to figure out what changed exactly, so unfortunately the music changed with it.

Put this in your macro from 1.41 and everything will map to the former spot.

A blast from the recent past:
Attn Cleland and Millhouse
Shift Id's for 1.41 to 1.53
save your thanksgiving by running your macro with these lines added as first entry below the version check

ShiftId,1,0x32,0x30
ShiftId,1,0x41,0x40
ShiftId,1,0x98B,0x9DE
ShiftId,1,0xA02,0xA5C
ShiftId,1,0xA6B,0xACC
ShiftId,1,0xA80,0xB58
ShiftId,1,0x1061,0x1140
ShiftId,1,0x158C,0x1695

#644 8 years ago

Does anybody have video of this code up and running? I'd like to hear the music and callouts

#645 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Does anybody have video of this code up and running? I'd like to hear the music and callouts

I can get a video made on my phone and then upload it. Give me a day or two unless someone beats me to it.

2 weeks later
#646 8 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

The call outs on Milhouses version were spot on. The music selections I wasn't exactly fond of, and wound up restoring my machine back to my 1.41 version. All of the music and call outs fit the game perfectly. I don't know why changes were made afterwards.
That being said, stern changed some of the music at times which annoyed me. All of the changes felt somewhat out of place. At least I have a copy of the version I liked the most: Milhouses 1.41

Is everyone still loving cleland soundtrack even with the newest code (1.53), anyone prefer the original Stern call outs/sound? Can someone link me a video so I can check out the updated call outs & music?

#647 8 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

v1.56 LE/Prem Only

Thank you for this. I was running the cleland version for a while, but the wife made me change it due to a lot of "adult" words from the show being called out (our 5 & 7 year old kids love playing it so far!), and a lot of non-gameplay related show sounds got a bit old after a while.

This version still has show sounds, but seem to be a bit more fitting to what's happening, and retains the factory call outs that fit well while playing. I wish it was a character from the show doing the call outs, but they aren't that bad. Plus this version keeps the same cool shooter Lane TWD remix intro music from the Cleland version. This will be staying on the pin for the foreseeable future- thank you!

#648 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thank you for this. I was running the cleland version for a while, but the wife made me change it due to a lot of "adult" words from the show being called out (our 5 & 7 year old kids love playing it so far!), and a lot of non-gameplay related show sounds got a bit old after a while.
This version still has show sounds, but seem to be a bit more fitting to what's happening, and retains the factory call outs that fit well while playing. I wish it was a character from the show doing the call outs, but they aren't that bad. Plus this version keeps the same cool shooter Lane TWD remix intro music from the Cleland version. This will be staying on the pin for the foreseeable future- thank you!

I was also thinking that SKB's sound package sounds like a good option, any one else try it?

#649 8 years ago

Milhouse version is my favorite, I love it and won't go back!

#650 8 years ago
Quoted from Ball_Shine:

Milhouse version is my favorite, I love it and won't go back!

Can you tell me why you like the Milhouse version vs Cleland or Eskaybee version? Just so I know instead of taking the time to reflash and losing my scores- thanks !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.