By milhouse

2 years ago

Stats

• 985 posts
  • 204 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 month ago by Oneangrymo
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 32 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Muisc.png
The_Walking_Dead_Cast_Funny.jpg
pasted_image.png
IMG_1719.jpg
IMG_41281.jpg
FullSizeRender1.jpg
Clelands_Fish_Topper_Order.png
IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_4.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 985 posts in topic. You are on page 11 of 20.
#501 2 years ago
Quoted from AttilaK:

Guys, I just got a Walking Dead LE and would love to install this code... I downloaded and tried to install but getting an error message. Has anyone ran into this? maybe I don't need to run verify? the error seems to be during the verify image mode.
Thanks,
Attila

You will get error message. Ignore and restart and enjoy the sounds!

#502 2 years ago

ok, just came across another thread that states NOT to perform the verify, so I will not do this ...

The question I have before doing the upgrade is do I need to follow the instructions related to the pinball browser, etc? or the .bin file that is posted here is ready to go. I installed the Sterns 1.28 update on my machine last night and heard about this custom option.

Thanks,
Attila

#503 2 years ago

ok, just tried again without verifying first and this is the error I get.

IMG_1719.jpg

#504 2 years ago
Quoted from AttilaK:

ok, just tried again without verifying first and this is the error I get.

Remove USB stick. Turn switch 8 on. Turn game off. Turn game on.

Does it work then ?

LTG : )™

#505 2 years ago

I will give this a try ... re-installing the stern one again. Thanks!

#506 2 years ago

I was having this same problem. I switched to a different usb and it worked.

#507 2 years ago

cool, glad there are some more suggestions I am ready to give up! I will need to run out tomorrow and buy another flash drive... so hopefully that will work.

I will let you know if this solves the problem.

Thanks!
Attila

#508 2 years ago

Hey guys. I didn't install the stern 1.28. I had sterns previous code on my LE. I installed Millhouse 1.28 (thanks Millhouse for your awesome work). I got the error 8 message but ignored it. Game seems to play fine. But just checking with you guys if there are any differences from not having sterns 1.28 prior to installing millhouses 1.28?

Thanks

#509 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

Hey guys. I didn't install the stern 1.28. I had sterns previous code on my LE. I installed Millhouse 1.28 (thanks Millhouse for your awesome work). I got the error 8 message but ignored it. Game seems to play fine. But just checking with you guys if there are any differences from not having sterns 1.28 prior to installing millhouses 1.28?
Thanks

Go into the settings and reset to default. Since you didn't install Stern's update, it didn't wipe the settings so there may be some values out of whack now.

#510 2 years ago

Thanks for the response

I did notice that high score names is didn't reset to default 3 letters
Scores all reset to defaults

Maybe tomorrow. I'll put the sterns code in and then load millhouses code

#511 2 years ago

Guys, I am a bit confused and need some clarification. I still continue to get the Message "8" error, so that is normal and I ignore it. Sounded like MarcG had the similar problem and used another flash drive, didn't get error and it worked. I managed to find another flash drive last night, tried again with that and same error. I am going to run out and just buy a new flash drive today just to make sure.

Thanks,
Attila

#512 2 years ago
Quoted from AttilaK:

Guys, I am a bit confused and need some clarification. I still continue to get the Message "8" error, so that is normal and I ignore it. Sounded like MarcG had the similar problem and used another flash drive, didn't get error and it worked. I managed to find another flash drive last night, tried again with that and same error. I am going to run out and just buy a new flash drive today just to make sure.
Thanks,
Attila

When you start to install the code DO NOT VERIFY THE CODE. Start the flash and when it is finished you WILL receive an error code 8. While this error code is still showing -----> move dip switch back on #8, remove flash drive, power game off. Power game back on and you will have the new voices.

I only used Milhouse's code and I never tried Clelands but I am sure they are both great

#513 2 years ago

JRW, thanks man! this worked and now the Milhouse code is installed and working... wow, what a difference. I love this game so far, hope it will be a keeper for a while.

Attila

#514 2 years ago

Congrats, Attila!

There are so many different ways to approach game play for me, and 1 month later, I am still hearing new call outs!

This makes me pause, and try to find in my mind who said it, and what episode.

My wife, not playing often yells out that answer......so a bit of trivia playing going on the side.

ENJOY!!!!

#515 2 years ago

Cool, thanks. I can tell you that I keep coming back for more on this game ... it's challenging and the left out lane is deadly the pin definitely keeps you on your toes. I was worried about getting this one honestly because of some bad experience with Borg games ... it's hit or miss. I sold an Addams Family to get this one so it was a though call as I love the classic Williams titles.

Attila

#516 2 years ago

meant to ask you guys ... did any of you install the shaker for this game? I am thinking of adding, but want to know if it will make a huge difference and if it ties well into the game. I still cannot believe Stern did not include a shaker in the LE! it's crazy.

Also, thinking of adding a subwoofer from FF. If anyone installed, let me know your thoughts.

Thanks.

#517 2 years ago

I have them both, I think the shaker is a must.....its well integrated, and adds alot!

The only negative, it it can shake cable loose, often to lights. I added a dab of silicon on edge from a toothpick...easy to remove,
and solved this.

The Subwoofer does a number on new players, but with a Tile floor, and bad ears from too many concerts, I cant play with it on.
My son, 19, no problem, ......the two are crazy f*kn nuts on this!

#518 2 years ago

cool, thanks for the advise. I will order the shaker for sure ... but will hold off on the speaker upgrade. There are quite some nice for this game including the EL inner fence mod from refinery pinball. I will hold off on modding the crap out of it until I know for sure it will be a keeper for a while in my collection.

Attila

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from AttilaK:

cool, thanks for the advise. I will order the shaker for sure ... but will hold off on the speaker upgrade. There are quite some nice for this game including the EL inner fence mod from refinery pinball. I will hold off on modding the crap out of it until I know for sure it will be a keeper for a while in my collection.
Attila

Be sure to order the Red Tremor shaker from CoinTaker. It is badasssss!

#520 2 years ago

Wow, good timing... I was just debating on which one to get, the one from cointaker or pinball life. Not sure of the difference.

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from AttilaK:

Wow, good timing... I was just debating on which one to get, the one from cointaker or pinball life. Not sure of the difference.

From my understanding, the CoinTaker shaker is more powerful (higher RPMs).

#522 2 years ago

You don't need to install Stern's 1.28 before installing my or Cleland's update. Both are built using Stern's 1.28 with the sounds replaced. Do not verify, and you will probably get Error No. 8. Ignore it, turn off the pin, change the jumper back, and turn it back on.

A

#523 2 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

You don't need to install Stern's 1.28 before installing my or Cleland's update. Both are built using Stern's 1.28 with the sounds replaced. Do not verify, and you will probably get Error No. 8. Ignore it, turn off the pin, change the jumper back, and turn it back on.
A

From what I understand, if you don't have the original code at the level PRIOR to installing the same level patched ROM, then the resets never happen from the initial code base install so therefore some things don't get initialized properly.

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

From my understanding, the CoinTaker shaker is more powerful (higher RPMs).

just installed the cointaker shaker. IMO it's almost too much rattle, maybe I will pick up the rattle tape from FF as the glass shakes a bit and annoying.

On another note, has anyone here installed the subwoofer from FF or pinball pro. Let me know your opinion, thinking about this add on as well.

Thanks,
Attila

#525 2 years ago
Quoted from AttilaK:

just installed the cointaker shaker. IMO it's almost too much rattle, maybe I will pick up the rattle tape from FF as the glass shakes a bit and annoying.
On another note, has anyone here installed the subwoofer from FF or pinball pro. Let me know your opinion, thinking about this add on as well.
Thanks,
Attila

I installed a pinball pro subwoofer in my twdle and its definitely worth it!

#526 2 years ago

Can't wait for the 1.41 code update!

#527 2 years ago

Awesome

#528 2 years ago

What's the typical turn around time when new code is released?

#529 2 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

What's the typical turn around time when new code is released?

Not this fast. I'm starting to gain some faith in stern

#530 2 years ago

It's only been month and a half. This update was REALLY QUICK

#531 2 years ago

I've looked at it, and apart from three new songs (not sure where they are used) and about 90 "walker" sound effects, there isn't anything new in terms of sound. So I should be able to get updated Roms out today.

#532 2 years ago

For the adventurous, i have my mostly tested code ready for pm'ers. Drop box ready . LE / premium only .

its millhouses 1.28 build with my added flair on top. Bunch of P*ssies is a combo callout for those who cant get enough of that quote.

hand tested with glass off and its good to go . Any errors will be corrected when found. will compile a pro code from same macro.

PRO IS READY
PRO CANNOT BE TESTED BY ME

My stuff :

EZ Sounds described

All music sounds (that i edited) have added voices but nothing removed.
So all of the original music is there, unchanged.

Mode Music (will restart at begining after a pause in the game like woodbury or crossbow shot)

BARN - its ricks rappers delight as he tells you not to kill the living.
This is the only one i havent paid attention to barn (or mode) episode
specific items. Other callouts Merle, Daryl, Carol, Governor and CARL!

CDC - Sounds from when they reach the CDC. Rick pleading to get in works really
well with the music. He yells You're killing us! as the music ascends.

RIOT - Merle adds his HEY! along with the beat . Daryl has an exchange with Glen
and Herschel adds a manly touch to the end. There is some slight crackling
in this one.

TUNNEL- Starts with Tara trapped under a rock in the tunnel telling glen to
get out. This one plays like a heavy metal song with the screaming,
and crescendos with the sound of gunfire and eventual rescue. abraham
and Eugene as well as Sasha are heard.

ARENA - Doesnt always start at the beginning but Gov says FIGHT TO THE DEATH!
The rest is unchanged but sounds outside of that are provided as a supplement.
When you hit the arena shot , you should hear Merle (kick his ass one handed or
no handed as well as "i will do what i gotta do") or Andrea (dont do this).Some governor quotes

Woodbury- Daryl taunts you and if you wait long enough Merle tells you to
"kiss my lily white ass".

Crsbow- Daryl says "Take the shot , clean in the brain from here"

Prison Multi - Governor saying "LIAR!" is featured, as well as "Just look at the flowers"
in time with the music. Daryl and Herschel are heard.

Match Sequence- Rick "We tell ourselves , that we are the walking dead"
lightning and thunder added as match number revealed.(works great with SUB).
All other orignal sounds are intact.

Tilt - Beth says Its Bullsh*t for each danger and Flr of NYC fame tells you the game sucks when u tilt.

#533 2 years ago

Feel free to use ezeltmann's, otherwise I have uploaded 'official' versions:

LE / Premium: http://1drv.ms/1fL0Vjo
Pro (untested because I don't have a pro): http://1drv.ms/1fL0Mwu

For those who want to edit the macro, the original files & macro: http://1drv.ms/1fL0Qwc

I am not including the Communication Patch by default, so if you want that you will need to use the macro version. Pinball Browser now requires you to enter your Pinball Machine's serial number to use it. If you don't need it, its more of a pain, so I have dropped it. If you are using a serial cable, you know your way around Pinball Browser well enough to use the macro version.

#534 2 years ago

Accidental post...

#535 2 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

Feel free to use ezeltmann's, otherwise I have uploaded 'official' versions:
LE / Premium: http://1drv.ms/1fL0Vjo
Pro (untested because I don't have a pro): http://1drv.ms/1fL0Mwu
For those who want to edit the macro, the original files & macro: http://1drv.ms/1fL0Qwc
I am not including the Communication Patch by default, so if you want that you will need to use the macro version. Pinball Browser now requires you to enter your Pinball Machine's serial number to use it. If you don't need it, its more of a pain, so I have dropped it. If you are using a serial cable, you know your way around Pinball Browser well enough to use the macro version.

All of this code updating (not complaining) has led to me waiting for the final code until i consider my final version. I was up until 3am figuring out all of the differences and modified the macro "manually" for my calls and was able to use excel for yours, just shifting the postions by 3.

I keep all versions on hand so i can squeeze more value out of a costly pinball machine. eventually it is worth it to load a different one and enjoy the callouts. Thanks MH , Cleland and most of all Oga and the pinball browser.

#536 2 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

All sounds sound great over here.
And the lighting effects are are a big improvement with this code.

#537 2 years ago

Yes! Thanks!!!

#538 2 years ago

Installed code last night, works great and no error this time either. My only complaint is that I liked the music that came on after finishing the game much better then the current one. Ohh well! no biggie.

Thanks Milhouse for the great work!

Attila

#539 2 years ago

What setting is the callout volume raise, I've done it before and can't find it now? Thanks

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from AttilaK:

My only complaint is that I liked the music that came on after finishing the game much better then the current one.

Me too, actually. I will probably move some songs around once I figure out where the 3 new songs that Stern added are used.

#541 2 years ago

Any chance the sound upgrade will be available for the new 1.41 software version that just came out?

#542 2 years ago
Quoted from Raiders:

Any chance the sound upgrade will be available for the new 1.41 software version that just came out?

It already is...

#543 2 years ago

Ok, probably should not be posting this here as it is unrelated to TWD, but going crazy trying to find custom code for either AC/DC LE or Avengers LE (mainly Avengers LE). Sorry, but tried to find and just cannot locate. If anyone can point me to the right forum or has info on this let me know.

Thanks,
Attila

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from gashog301:

What setting is the callout volume raise, I've done it before and can't find it now? Thanks

Go to Adjust -> Game and then press the - button one time. The you are on Speech attenuation. Lowering the value increases the volume of the speech used, so put it somewhere around -35.

It is Feature adjustment #162

1 week later
#545 2 years ago

Anyone

Quoted from milhouse:
It already is...

Where can the modified 1.41 file be downloaded from? Thanks

#546 2 years ago
Quoted from Raiders:

Anyone

Where can the modified 1.41 file be downloaded from? Thanks

Read this thread.

1 week later
#547 2 years ago

The v1.41 link doesn't work...

Edit: It works. Was an virus scanner issue.

#548 2 years ago

I installed this on my pro tonight. Works awesome. This is a HUGE upgrade. Thanks a million!

1 week later
#549 2 years ago

Awesome update. Decided to trade in my pro for a premium.

#550 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Awesome update. Decided to trade in my pro for a premium.

Good decision

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 445.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dalton, OH
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pell City, AL
€ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 16.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 985 posts in topic. You are on page 11 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside