By milhouse

2 years ago

Stats

• 986 posts
  • 205 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by WiZaRd15425
  • Topic is favorited by 159 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 32 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
Muisc.png
The_Walking_Dead_Cast_Funny.jpg
pasted_image.png
IMG_1719.jpg
IMG_41281.jpg
FullSizeRender1.jpg
Clelands_Fish_Topper_Order.png
IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_4.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

25 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 986 posts in topic. You are on page 10 of 20.
#451 2 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Did you get enough for the topper yet cleland?

I may or may not have sent him some $ to help out today.........

#452 2 years ago

Did you get enough for the topper yet cleland? How close are you to getting it?

Quoted from centerflank:

I don't know what the heck that means, or do I
I'm within $75 thanks to you guys.....it will happen though, I know.

#453 2 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You may or may not be a really cool guy............

#454 2 years ago

You may or may not be a really cool guy............

Thats debatable.

#455 2 years ago

im a little confused do we just install without going thru all the stuff in the first post? If there was one?

#456 2 years ago
Quoted from gashog301:

im a little confused do we just install his bin without going thru all the stuff in the first post?

The 'supposed' bin file, if it did exist from Cleland, would be a direct flash to the pin. Nothing else would be needed...if it existed. Which we all know it doesn't.

#457 2 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I did my part for Cleland. Cuz I love that guy. Whomever he is.

#458 2 years ago

The clean pro code worked tonight!

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I did my part for Cleland. Cuz I love that guy. Whomever he is.

Yes you did, I'm close enough where I will order the topper tomorrow...Yay!

Quoted from Stack15:

The clean pro code worked tonight!

Next go around, I will pay closer attention to some things. I know you had quite a battle with installs, glad to know all is working now.
It's a bit more work making two different versions for two different machines, but I aim to make everyone happy for this awesome game

#460 2 years ago

Thank you! Takes this game to a new level!!!!

#461 2 years ago

You guys rock, Topper achieved!
Clelands Fish Topper Order.png

#462 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

You guys rock, Topper achieved!
Clelands Fish Topper Order.png

Sweet! You deserve it.

#463 2 years ago

i would like to help with the topper,where do I send funds

1 week later
#464 2 years ago

Since Stern/AMC don't care or don't know...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5v2v88fhzf2r1xd/TWD128LE.zip?dl=0

Updated to 1.28 (Designed for LE/Premium)
Highlights:
- Music from the Official Soundtrack and Show
- Over 1,100 Different Sound Samples Used
- Fixed callouts/instructions
- All sample lengths verified against replacement - so nothing is cutoff.

Haven't compared to cleland's but I'm sure his is good. This is just a different option.

If anyone wants to Macro and Sounds to edit the macro to make their own version, just send me a message. Might also be required for Pro version?

#465 2 years ago

Milhouse you rock man!!!

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

Highlights:
Haven't compared to cleland's but I'm sure his is good. This is just a different option.
If anyone wants to Macro and Sounds to edit the macro to make their own version, just send me a message. Might also be required for Pro version?

Thanks. Snagged this just in case I ever end up with a Walking Dead.
Hopefully someone will post a Pro version, but it should be fairly easy to export from this and then import into a Pro file.

#467 2 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

Highlights:

Awesome, I can't wait to check it out. You shared your sounds with me and I appreciate that! We will all have better games because of this. Heck, folks can bounce between codes and it will be like playing a new game with all the different sound call outs. And EdZ has a pretty darn good build of his own to offer too. This is only good news for all of us Walking Dead Pinball Fans

#468 2 years ago

Hey Cleland, on the clean version I thought I heard bs, and maybe pussies again. You may want to double check those call-outs.

Amazing shoutout to all the sound work guys!

#469 2 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Hey Cleland, on the clean version I thought I heard bs, and maybe pussies again. You may want to double check those call-outs.
Amazing shoutout to all the sound work guys!

Ugh oh, will do..You running LE or Pro?

#470 2 years ago

My young kids love the Adult version BTW, big wide eyed smiles whenever a profane line is said.

#471 2 years ago

LE version

#472 2 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

My young kids love the Adult version BTW, big wide eyed smiles whenever a profane line is said.

Mine too!

#473 2 years ago

milhouse can you post some video of your 1.28 version I want to hear what the show soundtrack sounds like in the pin! at this rate I'll be switching between codes once a week!

#474 2 years ago

Highlights:

Watched video. This is good stuff. Very good. And damn it, it's gonna make me buy a game.
Thank you for doing this. I will let you know if willpower fails and I buy.

#475 2 years ago

I don't have a video but I can try to make one tomorrow. The music from the show involves about 10 songs / snippets and the actual theme song.

I have uploaded the macro file here, which in conjunction with the sounds in this file can be used to make a custom set for the pro version or a clean version if you edit the macro to match the path to the sound files.

I also uploaded an Excel sheet that shows the lines from the show that I am using along with the speaker and number of times it is used in game.

#476 2 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

I don't have a video but I can try to make one tomorrow. The music from the show involves about 10 songs / snippets and the actual theme song.
I have uploaded the macro file here, which in conjunction with the sounds in this file can be used to make a custom set for the pro version or a clean version if you edit the macro to match the path to the sound files.
I also uploaded an Excel sheet that shows the lines from the show that I am using along with the speaker and number of times it is used in game.

I'd dig that! I was looking at Ezelmann's video from a few months ago... would really like to see (hear) one with current changes. Great work!

#477 2 years ago

I really wasn't planning on doing this because I have no way of testing this, but because I've received so many requests for a Pro version, I have attempted to make one. I completely disclaim any liability on this because I have no way to test it. Earlier versions have worked with the Pro, using the Macro method, and you can look through the thread for more information. I don't think there will be a problem, but I cannot guarantee anything. Also, cleland has created versions designed for the Pro, so you can use those.

However, if you are one of the people who likes to live dangerously, here is the file. I accept no liability if it blows up everything you love and hold dear.

#478 2 years ago

The soundtrack for the TV show is here. amazon.com link »

In the video I was able to get a couple to play (not all. I'm still not sure what mode plays which song), but it also plays my own custom music that I have on the machine for the wife (Ministry, Revco, Johnny Cash, Fugazi, Sister Machine Gun). I don't usually include those since not everyone enjoys those bands.

» YouTube video

#479 2 years ago

Go revco

Nice work.

#480 2 years ago

Milhouse, Yes very nice!

#481 2 years ago
Quoted from milhouse:

I really wasn't planning on doing this because I have no way of testing this, but because I've received so many requests for a Pro version, I have attempted to make one. I completely disclaim any liability on this because I have no way to test it. Earlier versions have worked with the Pro, using the Macro method, and you can look through the thread for more information. I don't think there will be a problem, but I cannot guarantee anything. Also, cleland has created versions designed for the Pro, so you can use those.
However, if you are one of the people who likes to live dangerously, here is the file. I accept no liability if it blows up everything you love and hold dear.

I installed it on my Pro and it is working fine.
THANKS! for doing this.

#482 2 years ago

I am trying it now on my Pro.......

#483 2 years ago

Works good on my Pro! Thanks Milhouse!

-Dan

FullSizeRender1.jpg

IMG_41281.jpg

1 week later
#484 2 years ago

Does anyone have a video of this on a pro version? Thinking about trying it out. Has anyone had any problems with the 1.28 version?

#485 2 years ago
Quoted from Raiders:

Does anyone have a video of this on a pro version? Thinking about trying it out. Has anyone had any problems with the 1.28 version?

Just flash it on to your Pro if you don’t like it flash it back to stock. It is working fine.

#486 2 years ago

Worked on my LE! Ignored the error message as per the instructions.

Got called an asshole twice

#487 2 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Easily the best measure of success. lol

#488 2 years ago

Cant wait to get my LE!!

#489 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Easily the best measure of success. lol

Indeed lol

#490 2 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Worked on my LE! Ignored the error message as per the instructions.

Now THERE is something worth celebrating! I've only reached Pussy status thus far.

#491 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Now THERE is something worth celebrating! I've only reached Pussy status thus far.

Haven't been called that yet lol! Which code did you run?

#492 2 years ago

Has anyone compared Milhouse sound to Clelands? Any real difference? Which do you prefer if you have tried both? I installed Clelands (on my pro) and have been very impressed.

#493 2 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Has anyone compared Milhouse sound to Clelands? Any real difference? Which do you prefer if you have tried both? I installed Clelands (on my pro) and have been very impressed.

Being that I'm lazy, do you have the link to clelands code?

#494 2 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Being that I'm lazy, do you have the link to clelands code?

Just send him a PM

#495 2 years ago

Not to turn it into a VS thing, but I'd be interested in hearing which version you guys like better.

To give credit, Milhouse and Ed Z gave me access to many of their samples and I did use some of my own, but mostly from their sharing.
In the early stages, I felt Milhouse's were random and cut off samples that were not thoughtfully placed. His latest build is better IMO.
I am a sound engineer by trade and huge fan of the show, so I was able to manipulate the sounds in Pro Tools and tried to very artfully match up the show audio to call outs in the game for specific callouts and modes.

There are lots of examples I can give, but I think it's just better to play the game and see.

No matter what, all the guys contributing and sharing sound bytes from the show are helping this game. I had another pinsider send me quite a collection of sound bytes I'm digging through for the next update. In the end, this helps us all enjoy the game even better!

#496 2 years ago

I'm looking forward to posting my opinion on your code. So far, Millhouse version has made the game so much more enjoyable! I do see what you're saying about the sounds being cut off. I hear that a lot.

Guys: either way, you both put lots of effort into making this happen for all of us. Hats off!

#497 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

In the early stages, I felt Milhouse's were random and cut off samples that were not thoughtfully placed. His latest build is better IMO.

Can confirm. I tried to put samples where they made logical sense, but there weren't enough to make sense (apart from Well Walker). So now it is about 90% random and I left in the game callouts where the instructions were useful and it made sense. The bad news is that it means you don't have mode-specific callouts from the show (on the show they never discussed Bicycle Girl or Prison Riots). The good news is that the game can still tell you what you are supposed to do, and no samples from the show are ever cutoff (unless I made an error, in which case please let me know).

1 week later
#498 2 years ago

Milhouse was the winner! The wife and I both concur that we enjoyed the game far more with his sound replacements VS Cleland. Not to dare say I could do a better job, but the placement of sounds and voices (and the transitions), seemed more natural and smooth versus the Cleland mod.

I thank you both for your efforts. I've come to enjoy my game a thousand times more

#499 2 years ago

Guys, I just got a walking dead LE and would love to install this code... I downloaded and tried to install but getting an error message. Has anyone ran into this? maybe I don't need to run verify? the error seems to be during the verify image mode.

Thanks,
Attila

#500 2 years ago

You need to install the Stern 1.28 first and then Install the Cleland 1.28
You should not verify the image on either install

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 5,699.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Mafia
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 22.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Clayton, NC
Machine - For Sale
Lubbock, TX
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
€ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 19.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 24.50
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 78.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 19.95
€ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 986 posts in topic. You are on page 10 of 20.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside