IMG_0759.jpg
IMG_0760.jpg
image.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image_4.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53 Tutorial video. Posted by milhouse (9 years ago)

Post #78 This message at the end is normal - Update Failed, error code 8. Posted by milhouse (9 years ago)

Post #554 Walking Dead to Evil Dead Sound conversion. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Post #578 Ezeltmann's 1.53 versions. Posted by ezeltmann (8 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 23.
#1 9 years ago

--==New version released 8/28/2015==-

Gamecode 1.41 Info can be found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/11#post-2644882

--==New version released 7/21/2015==-

Gamecode 1.28 Info can be found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/10#post-2573969

--==New version released 6/18/2015==-

Gamecode 1.25 Info can be found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09/page/7#post-2521894

Below is for Gameode 1.19

I have released a Sound Pack and Pinball Browser macro that will replace TWDLE sounds with sounds from AMC's The Walking Dead. Approximately 95% of the callouts have been replaced. (996 unique samples replacing about 1900 callouts)

Instructions and links to the files are available here. The sound samples should fall under the "Fair Use" exception to US Copyright law and the samples and macro released solely for non-commercial use under GPL v.3. Feedback appreciated.

Release notes:
I have not divided the sounds between PG and non-PG sounds, so don't get mad at me if your kids learn new words. I have left in most of the instruction call-outs, and where possible I have linked in-game modes to dialog (e.g., if Shane is talking about cleaning out a well, you are probably in well walker mode). You can look at the included Excel file to see the changes in detail. I may revisit this after the fifth season of the show. I will certainly revisit it once the game code is updated. Released under GPL v3.

Enjoy.

Post edited by milhouse: new version released

#2 9 years ago

awesome work. Am a real TWD fan of the series and played last week TWDLE and the lack of real voices/callouts was dissapointing.

However, a TWDLE is out of my reach, any idea if this will also be usable on a PRO?

#3 9 years ago

Awesome! Is there video of this in action?

#4 9 years ago

You are the man. Thanks for testing the waters.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Awesome! Is there video of this in action?

I'd love to see video of it as well.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

awesome work. Am a real TWD fan of the series and played last week TWDLE and the lack of real voices/callouts was dissapointing.
However, a TWDLE is out of my reach, any idea if this will also be usable on a PRO?

Someone tested it and it worked. Obviously you will need to change the instructions somewhat, but it should just be a matter of changing which .bin you use.

#7 9 years ago

Nice job. As Rensh mentioned, the voices used were the reason I bought a Star Trek instead.
Guess it's time to consider this machine.

#8 9 years ago

There was one thing missing in the instructions and it's the only thing I know how to do with a computer...
Step 1: Turn the computer on.

#9 9 years ago

I'll try to post a video later today, as I realize that reflashing is a PITA.

#10 9 years ago

How many lines got replaced with "CARL!" ?

#11 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

How many lines got replaced with "CARL!" ?

I wanted to use "Carl, get in the house," but despite its popularity on the Internet, that particular line isn't actually said.

#12 9 years ago

Great effort here! The amount of sounds is staggering. took me many days to get 300 sounds.

Ironically, i was filming all last night before this was released. Sucks for video, but good for getting an idea of my own sound replacement effort.

Linking to my "Before milhouse" version from last night.

My videos of milhouses sounds combined with what i did are almost unwatchable due to the cell phone camera constantly trying to re-focus. However all of the sounds are distinguishable and i had a long game. Not trying to hijack this thread . Doesn't seem right to start up a new thread. Maybe it saves the OP some work making a video.

I can't thank milhouse enough for releasing his sounds. I know the effort required to take this on.
Hopefully someone comes up with some great video.

I will load my crappy one (probably ready about 4 hrs from now) now for those that want to feel like they are on drugs.

I keep thinking i can get away with this cell phone camera.

Anybody else enjoying this sound package?

#13 9 years ago

Thanks for doing this, can't wait to install it.

#15 9 years ago

Can't wait to try this out. Thanks.

#16 9 years ago

when I ran the Macro, it loaded *most* of the sound files, but there's a few it errored out on and couldn't find. One was Again.Daryl and another one was 112 ounces of pudding.....
don't see them anywhere in the sound folder.

Anyone else experience this? I just canceled the file and skipped it's replacement. Loading rom on game now. I'll post in a bit.

#17 9 years ago

Well that does it, now RobT can buy the game and bemmett can stop whining about "the voices from the show"

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

when I ran the Macro, it loaded *most* of the sound files, but there's a few it errored out on and couldn't find. One was Again.Daryl and another one was 112 ounces of pudding.....
don't see them anywhere in the sound folder.
Anyone else experience this? I just canceled the file and skipped it's replacement. Loading rom on game now. I'll post in a bit.

Weird - I just checked the file on Dropbox and both files are in the zip file...also uploading a video now. Does anyone else not have those files?

#19 9 years ago

Sorry for the potato quality, and that not that many callouts were actually called...

#20 9 years ago

Crappy Vid, lots of sounds.

#21 9 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Crappy Vid, lots of sounds.
» YouTube video

Your video is about 100x better than mine.

#22 9 years ago

So does this work with the pro ?

#23 9 years ago
Quoted from JCJP:

So does this work with the pro ?

Op hasn't tested it with a Pro so can't guarantee anything but people that have tried report back, yes it does work with the Pro version.

#24 9 years ago

cool !!!! now if only knew how to do it

#25 9 years ago

Thank you! This is great. Now to learn how to use Pinball Browser.

#26 9 years ago

Thanks to both Milhouse and Ezeltmann for their efforts, I too have compiled my own version thanks to their hard work and dedication to make this game right. Feel free to PM me if I can help anyone in anyway to update their game. I have a Premium, so I'm not sure of the pro as of now.

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks to both Milhouse and Ezeltmann for their efforts, I too have compiled my own version thanks to their hard work and dedication to make this game right. Feel free to PM me if I can help anyone in anyway to update their game. I have a Premium, so I'm not sure of the pro as of now.

i have also heard that the sound replacement works for pro with the(macro) method.

#28 9 years ago

Strangely quiet in here . I guess complaining about no voices trumps actually having the problem addressed . but this is the nature of the beast that is pinside. baby.gifbaby.gif

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Strangely quiet in here . I guess complaining about no voices trumps actually having the problem addressed . but this is the nature of the beast that is pinside.

I think that many, as myself, are intimidated by computers. I wouldn't even know where to start doing it without a step-by-step video holding my hand. Alot of us want it, but our lack of programing knowledge and lingo are holding us back. If there was a way to implment it easier for us common folk, I would think more would be on board.

I'll take any volunteer in the Philadelphia area that wants to come play the dead and hook it up for me you're more than welcome.

#30 9 years ago

Followed the directions provided in the link and was able to update without issue. Thanks to the OP for doing this! Obviously a good deal of work and lots of time spent on this - much appreciated. Quick question for those who have performed the update - what are you using for speech and music attenuation settings?

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I think that many, as myself, are intimidated by computers. I wouldn't even know where to start doing it without a step-by-step video holding my hand. Alot of us want it, but our lack of programing knowledge and lingo are holding us back. If there was a way to implment it easier for us common folk, I would think more would be on board.
I'll take any volunteer in the Philadelphia area that wants to come play the dead and hook it up for me you're more than welcome.

The OP gave clear instructions in the download how to make the new rom and provided the macro and sound files. It was super easy to follow and should take 15 minutes from start to finish and you'll have a new rom to update your game. There is nothing technical or difficult about it. download, copy some files and make a folder, install pinball browser, load the macro and run it (this updates all of the audio bits from the new sound files). Save the rom.

If someone can download a stern rom and update their game, they are certainly capable of doing this. Many thanks to the OP for sharing this work, and of course oga for the pinball browser!

#32 9 years ago

This is outstanding! Looking forward to giving it a try!

Marcus

#33 9 years ago

Thank you! Been meaning to work on this myself for ours at the Sanctun but game maine nance has kept me from it. Will work on this tonight for league.

#34 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I know how you feel. but i spend all day on a computer . There is nothing in this procedure that can hurt anything, so i would think about trying and failing. if you get stuck, PM me or another person and i am sure we can help. maybe i will tutorial this for non-computer people if i stop playing the game.lol.

#35 9 years ago

I'm definitely going to give this a go this weekend.
I've actually gotten used to the call outs on the game and don't mind them, but actual show voices will be awesome.

Thanks so much for the hard work that went into it AND for sharing it with all of us who just wouldn't have been able to do it.

#36 9 years ago

Awesome Work Guys!
Expect lots of questions from me on how to do this to my TWD.

#37 9 years ago

This is really cool. How much of this work will need to be redone once a code update hits?

#38 9 years ago

Excellent work! Installing now. It really is a simple process if you follow the guide.

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Well the easier way would be to post a modified ROM file, but at that point I would be redistributing Stern copyrighted materials and there could be legal issues there. Oga, the developer of Pinball Browser, has also asked that people share modifications using macros and since he has done all the hard work here (mine just took time), I'm going to respect his wishes as well.

That said, I think the instructions are pretty detailed which unfortunately makes the process seem harder than it is. Its really not that difficult.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

This is really cool. How much of this work will need to be redone once a code update hits?

Don't know yet. Part of why I added checksums and created the excel was so that I could see how much changed once the new version is released, and hopefully mini!ize the necessary modifications. But only one way to know for sure...

#41 9 years ago

Really nice work. Makes you wonder if Stern should just sell the theme and layouts and leave the coding to the community. Say $2000 discount on non coded pins?

#42 9 years ago

Nice work milhouse I look forward to installing this on mine the video was great you just made the game 10 X better!!

#43 9 years ago

Way to go!!! Now its The Walking Dead Pinball!!! Cant wait to install this.

#44 9 years ago

I Keep getting errors when I go to Run the Macro. I double checked everything, I cant figure out what is going on

#45 9 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

I Keep getting errors when I go to Run the Macro. I double checked everything, I cant figure out what is going on

What is the error?

#46 9 years ago

This:

20150211_160432.jpg20150211_160432.jpg 20150211_160507.jpg20150211_160507.jpg 20150211_160513.jpg20150211_160513.jpg 20150211_160238.jpg20150211_160238.jpg 20150211_160232.jpg20150211_160232.jpg
#47 9 years ago

Says it can not find the file

#48 9 years ago

I don't have a TWD but just wanted to drop in and say how awesome this is! Carry on

#49 9 years ago

Ok Im stuck, I had to dig out my old Windows Laptop and I quite honestly have not used a Windows in like 4 years (I'm a Mac person) so its kicking my butt (keeps crashing) when I try to do this. Could anyone please put an even simpler how to guide on this if I mess up the dang thing dies on me. The simplest things on a Mac such as saving to are pretty difficult on a Windows when you haven't used one in forever. Any simplified help would be great.

#50 9 years ago

Zampinator - Looks like something went wrong when you unzipped, based on the screenshots. (It looks like, from the second screenshot, that you are loading the macro from 'C:\TWD_Sounds\Sounds\TWD_Sounds\Macro' so I assume your sound samples ended up in a similar location, such as 'C:\TWD_Sounds\Sounds\TWD_Sounds\Sounds' which isn't where the macro expects them.) Move all the wav files inside 'C:\TWD_Sounds\Sounds\TWD_Sounds\Sounds' to this location -> 'C:\TWD_Sounds\Sounds\' and try again.

PinballZach - Depending on how new your mac is, it might be better to run Pinball Browser on your mac via Parallels instead of on an old windows machine. The Pinball Browser thread has more information on doing that. What version of Windows are you running?

I can try to put together a youtube video tonight of running it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Playfield - Decals
Lermods
Decals
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 8.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
Plastics
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
6,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 49.99
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,147 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-sound-replacement-v-09 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.