(Topic ID: 132426)

Walking Dead LE ranked #61 on Pinside?? Lol!!

By kklank

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 221 posts
  • 85 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by dzoomer
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Does The Walking Dead belong in the Top 20?”

• yes 59 votes
    21%
  • nope 201 votes
    71%
  • It belongs in the Top 10! 24 votes
    8%

(284 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screen_Shot_2015-07-16_at_8.46.29_PM.png
IMG_0855.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_0851.jpg
IMG_0850.jpg
image.jpg
twd_pinball_animated_walker4.gif
DSCF1409.jpg
DSCF1411.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davidpinballwizz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 8 years ago

TWD has always been a great game, just takes a while for people to understand the potential.

The good thing is, there is such a huge list of scoring opportunities. That combined with the inlane multiplier and double playfield you can score big at any moment in the game. It seems really easy but if you try too hard it won't work.
But once you get a good mode going, combined with multiball(s), multikills, etc... your score takes a leap across the ocean.

On ACDC you can cash in the song jackpot with a multiplier. On TWD you can build up your mode scoring (with multipliers) and then cash in big on the final shot in a mode. If you play good, your multikills are worth a lot more and this can count up really nice. This makes also horde more valuable, etc etc..

I own the game some months now and I'm still surprised by all the different ways to score big. But you have to play it right, no gifts.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

The main reasons I don't love the pin is the two very long ramps and lack of any real fast flowing combo shots. I don't dislike it but just kinda meh on it. I was expecting to have more fast n furious flow to a pin with this theme.

Right loop, right ramp combo is one of the best and fastest combo's ever in pinball.

The other day I hit a 6 way combo in that combination at speeds faster than warp speeds

#89 8 years ago

Calling TWD a code fiasco is strange.. It takes a lot to invent something different codewise that is such a rush and fun to play.
The idea behind twd was already good since day one (not like wrestlemania). Spike got in between so yes, that shouldn't have been the case. But it's a great unique game now and at least one update is scheduled.

#116 8 years ago

6 multiballs
well walker multiball
prison multiball
blood bath multiball
crossbow multiball
siege multiball
horde multiball

(and last man standing in a next update)

game is not shallow at all, go out and play it

#154 8 years ago

No bombs on the pro Pascal.

They are collected by hitting drop targets (i think) and can be used by pressing the lockdownbar button to give a virtual hit to the prison head or well walker.
Other thing missing on the pro is some coding for the spinners that can give you a jackpot?

#155 8 years ago

Talking about the high scores (mine is now at 550M and on 1.24 it was 850M, 3 balls + one extra, dflt outlanes)

For anyone finding getting to Horde and Horde itself being too easy:

- I adjusted all my multikill settings to the hardest (to get the weapon inserts). Takes you to Horde less often but still managable.
- I've now set my horde timer settings to the hardest (init 5, decrease -2, minium value 1) making the walkers advance a lot faster so you have to shoot good or get bit.

Siege is indeed no multiball. Got it (only) 3 times since I have the game but a really cool mode! Still have to play the crossbow multiball though ..

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.95
$ 8.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davidpinballwizz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-ranked-61-on-pinside-lol?tu=davidpinballwizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.