(Topic ID: 107364)

Walking Dead LE in France (VIDEO INSIDE)

By IBARAKURO

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Stern-WalkingDead-LE-WellZombie2.jpg
TWD lighting.PNG
image-86.jpg
image-442.jpg
image-954.jpg
image-272.jpg
image-86.jpg
image-94.jpg
image-502.jpg
image.jpg
image-33.jpg
image.jpg
There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

This is surprising and a bit of letdown. Stern's own game matrix advertises the game as having 3 color LED GI (red, green and white).

Maybe Stern is counting the green LED's in the fish tank as the green in (red, green and white)?

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Yeah, what happened to the green??

It's in the fish tank, lol.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

It's in the fish tank, lol.

lol wouldnt surprise me.

If the GI is only red and green then the types of GI lighting that Lyman can code up are going to be quite limited. Metallica and ACDC, and even Avengers (i think) had 3 colors, which is a huge part of buying an LE for me.

#54 9 years ago

I'm very curious to know how the extra magnet in front of the well walker comes into play.

#55 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm very curious to know how the extra magnet in front of the well walker comes into play.

Yes... please share

#56 9 years ago

Is the crossbow just a piece of metal?

#57 9 years ago

Why is this thread not getting more action? Where are the videos? Is it a time zone thing? Are all the people in France that played the game asleep?

#58 9 years ago

They are almost getting up again, lol.

#59 9 years ago

Can't wait for the video!

#60 9 years ago

Always disappointing that everyone has cell phones that can record video but it takes forever to get one of the gameplay. The initial post was 16 hours ago and no vids yet.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

lol wouldnt surprise me.
If the GI is only red and green then the types of GI lighting that Lyman can code up are going to be quite limited. Metallica and ACDC, and even Avengers (i think) had 3 colors, which is a huge part of buying an LE for me.

Green would have looked pretty terrible in this game... white and red make sense. Green would make it Christmassy.

#62 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Green would have looked pretty terrible in this game... white and red make sense. Green would make it Christmassy.

Like Avengers?

#63 9 years ago

Yup. I plucked out most of the greens from Avengers LE and replaced them with warm white.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

This has to be an eye opener for those laying down the big bucks as it sounds like the LE doesn't have any upgraded sound (actor voice overs etc.) or software to offer yet either.

Not at all, Star trek is kinda the same and lot of people are fine with Metallica pro. I like the subtle extras and would always buy the best representation I can get. The LE's might seem overpriced for the difference but its worth it to me.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Lol, backwards. He designs a complete game at the PRO. after that its shoving in add ons which dont really matter.
VS a Ritchie game which is designed at the LE and then he takes game play away with features.
So with Borg you can do a pro and not miss out vs Ritchie means less of a game.

In an interview a while back (can't remember where), Borg said he designs with both pro and LE in mind simultaneously. Gomez was the one that designed pro and added for LE. Steve Ritchie said he designs LE and strips back for pro.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

This is surprising and a bit of letdown. Stern's own game matrix advertises the game as having 3 color LED GI (red, green and white).

Just throwing this against the wall.

Maybe the green is mode based like in Space Station and thus hasn't been implemented yet. Or it hasn't been seen yet because of where it is in the gameplay.

Chris

#67 9 years ago

They could have a green only mode. Vomit zombies.

Where are the videos? Vive La France!

#68 9 years ago

After looking at the pictures it looks like there are two additional and previously unmentioned zombie heads added to the LE model. In addition to the skull type zombie head near the star rollovers as was previously mentioned it looks like Stern added an additional zombie head on the right side of the playfield Mid length just behind the Woodbury drop target.

#69 9 years ago

Ahh, the old time difference fun. Not only have all lot of the posts happened in the middle of the night but in the UK it's also the day that the clocks go back. Not 100% sure it happens in France on the same day but assuming it does then that'll add another hour you have to wait

Should be early morning there now so hopefully some footage in the next couple of hours.

Can't believe they haven't stuck something more on the cross bow though to make it look more cross bow like.

#70 9 years ago

Today I'll try to take videos.
I'll post when I get home this after noon

I confirm I have not seen green GI.
it also surprised me because it was announced

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from PinheadBE:

Who is that guy near Ibarakuro ?

Gary Stern should be...

OUPS

ok merci Iba pour les tofs et bon amusement
we're all waiting a video

#72 9 years ago

i can hear gary now...no green gi..but i gave u two more stupid out of place zombie skulls

#73 9 years ago

Will the LE be on location after the French show? I will be in Paris in a couple of days and I want to play some pinball.

chris

#74 9 years ago

Another Stern release accompanied by really bad grainy pics/video from half way across the world (I'm sure the guy that took them did the best he could).

Just a thought....would it not have been better to release the LE at expo last week? Maybe it would have been overshadowed by all the other releases? Or would it have given them something to compete?

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Another Stern release accompanied by really bad grainy video from half way across the world (I'm sure the guy that took it did the best he could).
Just a thought....would it not have been better to release the LE at expo last week? Maybe it would have been overshadowed by all the other releases? Or would it have given them something to compete?

Yeah. Poor, poor strategy on that move.

Pro reveal, THEN the LE, is not a good idea.

#76 9 years ago

The last time an LE came first, it was Avengers, and definitely the LE suffered because of it.

#77 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

The last time an LE came first, it was Avengers, and definitely the LE suffered because of it.

Yep sure did. And with ac/dc they noticed the lightningbolts broke of easily on the pro, so the LE/premium had bolts with metal behind it.

#78 9 years ago

This I completely disagree with. Look at Star Trek, absolutely NO difference form the Pro other then a VUK which is pretty useless, and that's a Steve Ritchie game. If you buy a ST pro you are really missing nothing. On the other hand TWD which is a Borg game on the pro you will be missing a second magnet in front of the well walker, big difference, a lift up ramp with a bash toy under it, and the crossbow all three of which are cool game play features. So on ST a Ritchie game you only miss one gameplay feature on the pro and on TWD a Borg game you are missing three gameplay features on the Pro. Hmmmm looks to me like you miss more features on a Borg game actually.

I forgot to mention the spinners and Woodbury drop target, so there are actually five gameplay features the LE has over the Pro.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Quoted from goodgameslover:

Yep sure did. And with ac/dc they noticed the lightningbolts broke of easily on the pro, so the LE/premium had bolts with metal behind it.

As an LE buyer, I definitely prefer the pros being made first so they can work out the kinks. If it means I have to wait a little longer to get my game, so be it.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Another Stern release accompanied by really bad grainy video from half way across the world (I'm sure the guy that took it did the best he could).

What video are you referring to? Did I miss something?

#81 9 years ago

Are any of the non-color changing inserts socketed like they are on the pro?

#82 9 years ago
Quoted from nodyeliab:

Does this mean US orders are shipping now too!?!?

I was told the US orders of the LE had not started shipping yet as of Friday 10-24-14.

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yup. I plucked out most of the greens from Avengers LE and replaced them with warm white.

How could you do that? I thought the GI in LE's were controlled by software to change colours? What happens if you change one of those colour changing bulbs out?

#84 9 years ago

How could you do that? I thought the GI in LE's were controlled by software to change colours? What happens if you change one of those colour changing bulbs out?

They aren't color changers. It's like AC/DC where there are clusters of different colored LEDs throughout the game. The clusters can be controlled as a group to create red or white GI.

#85 9 years ago

I always thought the GI were colour changers in LE's like in Xmen. What other LE's have colour changing GI? Does TWD LE have colour changing GI? Because if not why would they list it on the feature matrix when you can just change the bulbs in the pro for the same effect?

#86 9 years ago

Does TWD LE have colour changing GI? Because if not why would they list it on the feature matrix when you can just change the bulbs in the pro for the same effect?

Even if you changed the GI on the pro to exactly match the GI on the LE, the code would not support it the same way. For example, the LE can turn on just the red bulbs to create red GI. This is not possible with the pro. Also, the matrix says nothing about color changers in the GI. It just says "Multiple color LED general illumination". The RGB color changers are only used for the arrow inserts and star rollovers ...

TWD lighting.PNGTWD lighting.PNG

#87 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Even if you changed the GI on the pro to exactly match the GI on the LE, the code would not support it the same way. For example, the LE can turn on just the red bulbs to create red GI. This is not possible with the pro. Also, the matrix says nothing about color changers in the GI. It just says "Multiple color LED general illumination". The RGB color changers are only used for the arrow inserts and star rollovers ...

TWD lighting.PNG 47 KB

Oh ok, thanks for the explanation.

#89 9 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

As an LE buyer, I definitely prefer the pros being made first so they can work out the kinks. If it means I have to wait a little longer to get my game, so be it.

I completely agree. The LE should follow in production after the Pro model has been rolled out for the obvious reasons mentioned.

After looking at the additional features offered on the LE including its added lifting ramp with bicycle girl target, an additional woodbury drop target, the mechanical crossbow shooter, added red GI (yes should have been tri colored! ) and the green backlit fish tank with heads, additional magnet in front of the well walker, also some yet unseen additional guts effect on the well walker, and the suprise two new skeleton heads that were not announced previously also the eye catching 3d looking LE Mirrored Backglass and the "dead inside" LE cabinet which I believe helps this title to be more of a timeless machine for the series as other key characters come and go in the coming seasons I am generally happy with what I am seeing. With these additions I am very happy to have ordered an LE version. More money? yes. Way overpriced? unfortunately yes as this pricing is keeping pinball ownership out of reach of most people. But with all that being said really would I be happy knowing this machine was out there and I had settled on a Pro which is still very cool and nice but? For me unfortunately No. Luckily I am fortunate enough to be able to scrounge up enough coin to buy this machine this time. My kids may have to use last years shool clothes again this year (totally kidding) and I may be eating frozen dinners and ramen noodles for the next couple years rather than eating better but at least I will be doing so sitting in front of what I consider to be one of Sterns best machines over the past several years. That being said there are still many mods that I plan on doing to help this machine reach its full potential including the armor and Greg Nicotero sculpted Fish Tank topper mods and stern designed plunger. All in all I say well done to the design team and I look forward to getting this machine.

#90 9 years ago

I've never understood why they don't just use full-spectrum RGB LEDs for for every LED in the game like JJP does. It seems to me like this would be the easiest thing to do, and then they could just code the game however they want. Perhaps one of the LED guys can enlighten us as to why Stern doesn't do this. Is it simply a cost saving thing, or is there another reason?

#91 9 years ago

Well, technically the fish tank has green LEDs, right? Hope this isn't what they meant?

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well, technically the fish tank has green LEDs, right? Hope this isn't what they meant?

The fishtank lamps are not GI they are controlled lamps. If I recall someone said they correspond to virtual ball locks.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

I fear this may be exactly what they meant.

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

The fishtank lamps are not GI they are controlled lamps. If I recall someone said they correspond to virtual ball locks.

Good point.

#95 9 years ago

There will never be another Metallica at stern

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

There will never be another Metallica at stern

?

#97 9 years ago

What does twd have to do with metallica

#98 9 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

What does twd have to do with Metallica

Ill be more specific. IMO Metallica has a total package. It's the best pin they have done to date. Yes better then acdc IMO... I bought twdle blind, its shipping to me in the next week or two. I may not even open the box.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Ill be more specific. IMO Metallica has a total package. It's the best pin they have done to date. Yes better then acdc IMO... I bought twdle blind, its shipping to me in the next week or two. I may not even open the box.

Ummmmm, good for you

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Then why did you buy it, to flip it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 26.95
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 163 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-le-in-france/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.