(Topic ID: 235164)

Walking Dead keeps turning its volume to max.

By KYLEDM5

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by KYLEDM5
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

My dear friend has a TWD Premium. It just developed an issue over the last couple days where it cranks its volume to full blast while playing. It will play fine for a bit, then go back to ear splitting levels. When the door is opened, it says it's at the proper level (30-35ish).

#2 5 years ago

Any ideas?

#3 5 years ago

I’ve never seen this on a SAM game. So it will probably be something odd. My first thought was going to be something leaning on the volume button. But you saying the value is normal tosses all that stuff out.

So if it was me, the first thing I’d do is a full reload of the game code. I’d use a copy I freshly downloaded from Stern to make sure nobody added any pinball browser stuff that had bad levels. Then a full factory reset with the new code. If that didn’t do it, I’d look for bad caps (the ones in the circuit of the back speakers).

If that didn’t handle it (sorry, I have a few games), I’d swap out the MPU with another game to check if the amp circuitry had an issue.

All of this is just trying to eliminate possibilities until you find it.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I’ve never seen this on a SAM game. So it will probably be something odd. My first thought was going to be something leaning on the volume button. But you saying the value is normal tosses all that stuff out.
So if it was me, the first thing I’d do is a full reload of the game code. I’d use a copy I freshly downloaded from Stern to make sure nobody added any pinball browser stuff that had bad levels. Then a full factory reset with the new code. If that didn’t do it, I’d look for bad caps (the ones in the circuit of the back speakers).
If that didn’t handle it (sorry, I have a few games), I’d swap out the MPU with another game to check if the amp circuitry had an issue.
All of this is just trying to eliminate possibilities until you find it.

I'm heading over to his place in a bit. I'll keep you updated on our progress.

Thanks!

#5 5 years ago

i had the same problem on two different SAM spiderman a long time ago.
I remember that it was a bug in the code, that happened only when the setting 41 in the standard setting menu, "Music volume" was changed.
The factory value is 1. I reset it to 1, and had never had the problem anymore.

#6 5 years ago

Redid the latest code update, didn't fix it. Did a factory reset and so far, it seems to be behaving itself.

Thanks, guys!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 8.95
$ 26.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-keeps-turning-its-volume-to-max and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.