Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by PinWiz17
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Lets start an idea thread for Walking Dead. I am personally pretty bored with the new machines, idea wise. WOZ is an exception.

Walking Dead needs a lot of zombies, so clearly it needs Zombies popping up from under the playfield.

It needs some very scary lighting schemes and flashers obviously.

It needs simulated blood spatter.

A toy like the chest in TOM, that has four sides, with a zombie on each side.

IT HAS TO have moving zombie targets that come down the playfield! that you have to fight back.

It needs a big shotgun toy that fires pinballs.

It desperately needs and LCD monitor with video.

#2 10 years ago

Killer soundtrack and scary sounds...red blood pinballs....lots of gore...

#3 10 years ago

OOh that gives me an idea!

You could have inserts that trace the trajectory of all the major zombie shots. When you make the shot the inserts light up just after the ball passes over, simulating a gunshot. Each insert would look like a smokey firey trail of a gunshot. So basically every zombie shot you make would look like you fired a shotgun. Do that and people would be blown away!!

#4 10 years ago

I've been pretty vocal about how boring pop bumpers are.

IN WD! there could be a square cage (electric fence style with flasher lighting) instead that spins and has slingshots on three sides and an opening on the fourth side with a scoop in it.

#5 10 years ago

I was thinking if they are going to do an LCD to go with full screen that reverts back to backglass look during play with virtual DMD at bottom. It will then go into interactive mode in full screen where Zombies are coming at you from the distance in 3D. You must use flipper buttons to align laser target to heads then gun to pull trigger. Timing is an issue as they draw ever closer. Aghhhh they are getting closer and you must kill them before you get bit. Animations will be more comic based or artist renditions. The entire machine is black with Zombies all over. Special paint/vinyl is used so it will work with black lighting and reflect features of artwork of Zombies. Also fluorescent plastics used with retro LED lighting and a blacklight LED strip in back for illumination.There is a gun handle like many titles, but this one is a shotgun and requires that you take hand off flipper to kill zombies coming at you while pinball is in play. Also have the idea to make interactive where there is an actual mini-shotgun mounted to side of machine on a cord that can be used during special modes? Game features upper playfield in rear,four flippers and interactive Zombie toys with magnets that randomly displace ball in play. There are no pop bumpers and game has a few subway ramps for returns. Game comes standard with a shaker, green glo balls, and full color changing LED's with board. Pinball Refinery will offer a black nickel plated hardware package with laser zombie cut-outs. A guy can dream right?

#6 10 years ago

Make the theme based on the comic, not the TV series.

Hand drawn art much better then photoshopped images.

#7 10 years ago

FINISHED CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Hand drawn art much better then photoshopped images.

I've been a reader of TWD since 2005. I'm not sure the comic would adapt as well as the TV series to a pin.

I'd rather see pics of actors and realistic zombies than black and white drawings. Art may take me out of the moment while playing.

I agree that being a new character as the player you have to find the other characters and fight the horses while scavenging and trying to secure shelter; all the time being faced with moral and immoral choices on your journies.

#9 10 years ago

Zombies on the playfield like AFM, then it goes into HORDE!! Mode. You gotta hit each one. For every one you hit, you see a headshot on the DMD.

#10 10 years ago

Sorry, all this will <maybe> come if Lyman has some spare time..

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

Zombies on the playfield like AFM, then it goes into HORDE!! Mode. You gotta hit each one. For every one you hit, you see a headshot on the DMD.

Great idea!!

Quoted from Toasterdog:

Great idea!.....Don't be mistaken, even hand drawn art is pulled into photoshop.

I am all for a Video mode on this one. Something like BSD where you can shoot the Zombies with a shot gun. It would be nice to see this again.

#12 10 years ago

Best theme. Would buy one straight away.. Love the idea of the zombies coming towards you on the playfield and you have to hit them to send them backwards.

#13 10 years ago

Shotgun where you take off a zombies head....

#14 10 years ago

Another great theme for an LCD......I hope Stern waits to do this one, gotta have and LCD to show Zombie heads getting lopped off and smashed like pumpkins.......

#15 10 years ago

Drop targets that are scattered around the playfield like the outlaw drop targets on CC. AN ESCAPE Jenner ( the CDC guy) mode where it counts down and you have to escape the cdc in time or your game ends no matter what ball you are on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-ideas-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.