New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 236035)

Walking Dead does not register ball drain sometimes.

By action76

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mannymasy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20190326-224411_WhatsApp (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

I have had this issue since I got the game NIB. I talked with Stern about it at first and they said to adjust the switches in the trough. I have adjusted the switches until I am blue in the face. I could get it better but it would never go away. I decided to just live with it at the time but now we are having tournaments and this is unacceptable for that reason. This last time I did it and I thought I had done it because it played 3 games without issue but after that it seemed worse than ever. I know of another person who had this problem and said they had a tech that came out and still couldn't figured it out. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what, if anything did you do to fix it? All new trough switches? Some other adjustment I don't know about? Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 1 year ago

When my met pro pf was replaced my new pf did this.

Check this out next time. When my ball would drain, open the coin door and look to see if the ball through switch(es) were not clicked down all the way. Probably the case. Just tweak the switch arm with a switch adjustment tool until it is a little softer and easier to be clicked down

#3 1 year ago

Remove balls and put game in switch test mode. Roll a ball into the drain and see if they all register. If they do, then test the opto boards in the trough. It’s either a flaky switch or a bad receiver/transmitter on one of the two opto boards.

#4 1 year ago

I would follow the wires and any IDC connectors you run into, be sure the wires are pushed in tight, making good contact, and not cut in half in the connector.

LTG : )

1 month later
#5 1 year ago

good evening, does anyone know what reference has the screw and the piece of grip of the board that holds the mechanism of the zombie head in this area? Thank you!!!

Screenshot_20190326-224411_WhatsApp (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Edgemoor, DE
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Quakertown, PA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside