Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by itshowtime
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20160207_091721_(resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

I have a vertical line stuck on my DMD ....The DMD looks and works fine except for the line that go's from top to bottom....swapped in my star trek DMD and that one works fine ...so i know it's a problem with the DMD ....any ideas what the problem could be

#3 3 years ago

Does your "bad" DMD work right in your Star Trek? If it does work right, that would suggest something with the wiring harness/connections to the board in TWD. If it misbehaves in ST, that would suggest something bad with the DMD. I would immediately re-flow the solder on all connections on the bad DMD and sandpaper/clean up the pins (on the bad DMD).

#4 3 years ago

Tried it in star trek and the line of dots is still there ...so the problem is with the DMD...my walking dead LE has less than 300 plays on it

#5 3 years ago

Call your distributor, stern will replace it,

#6 3 years ago

The DMD on TWD at Pinballz in Austin has the same problem. The AC/DC they had also had that same vertical line, about one third of the way from the right side of the DMD.

#7 3 years ago

What Stern's deal installing these defective DMDs in their games? Honestly it's a really old issue.

#8 3 years ago

That's exactly the same spot..about one third of the way from the right side of the DMD

#9 3 years ago

20160207_091721_(resized).jpg Calling stern monday morning..Only 50 plays on game and DMD is messed up

#10 3 years ago

Call your distributor. Stern is going to make you go through them. They will replace it, but they have a process. If you bought it second hand, stern will use your serial number to determine the distributor. This is how I had to do it for my xmen.

#11 3 years ago

well not happy with stern ...9 month warranty on DMDS ...so I'm out of luck ..my distributor can fix for around $80....doesn't seem right with only 50 plays on game

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 235.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside