68.jpg
14b5_the_walking_dead_monopoly_pieces.jpg
python comic.jpg
porkys.jpg
Walking Dead - WPT.jpg
shittens.png
chiller 2013 walking dead cigar.jpg
zombie.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pappyboyington.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#151 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I'm still holding out hope they get it and will start to put more of an emphasis on code but my patients is running out quicker than MMR threads are popping up.

I realize ST just came out with incomplete code but can we all just chill a little bit on this topic? Now if a thread that has anything to do with Stern comes up it always gets railroaded into code bitching.

Can't we all just agree that if you want a game with complete code then wait until it's to a point that makes you happy. If you don't mind getting updates then go ahead and buy the game early. I really doubt we are going to see any new pinball machines being shipped with complete code. It's just the way things are. Buy or don't buy.

#153 10 years ago

Until they start to demonstrate they are improving in the code department I don't think many are going to chill a little bit on the topic.

You got me before i finished editing my post. I accidentally hit the return button before I finished my post, LOL.

#155 10 years ago

The issue is not with complete coding on new machines but rather acceptable. It was not acceptable on XM, not great on MET, and pretty weak so far on ST. What I'm hoping for is less titles per year and better code shipped with new titles.

Good points. I think we all agree that we know what to expect when buying a new Stern or JJP game. Constantly derailing any thread that has to do with Stern with code bitching is getting old. Of coarse people are going to do what they want and say what they want. I'm just stating my point of view.

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes, because this thread is so full of relevant facts that we shouldn't get distracted from.

This is just one of many threads that have been derailed from the topic. All i'm saying is there are threads out there for code talk, can't we at least try to keep threads on topic? Seems like a good idea to me.

#237 10 years ago
Quoted from nosex:

ON TOPIC WONDERKIND:

i would prefer a comic book WD pin over a television theme. the show pales in comparison to the books and the thought of a giant norman reedus photograph on the backglass is just upsetting. unfortunately, it seems like if the goal of stern is to reach the largest market possible, the show has a much bigger audience than the comics. however, would the licensing be any different between the two? could it cost more money to adapt the AMC show as opposed to the comics? even if there is a difference, i can't imagine it would be great enough to mandate a decision either way.

Beautiful! Finally someone tries to stay on track. Yes the comic would be darker and it would have to be hand drawn. Don't see Stern doing that. Plus bigger audience for the show like you said. I'm really starting to like the idea of this license. A little bit out of the norm for Stern.

Quoted from nosex:

but still, good luck selling an eight thousand dollar pin to a television fan.

Stern builds a 5K pin. The 8K is for the hard core collector. I heard that 20 million people watched the season opener. May be a big enough license may not. Last tv show license was CSI, 24? Not so good for Stern.

Quoted from nosex:

also, stern should finish all its code. if nothing else but to help restore waning consumer confidence in the brand. but also because it's like the right thing to do.

Booo off track again

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Eh history is no indication of failure for new games Stern's previous music pins to AC/DC and Metallica was Rolling Stones, jut cause the old was bad and unsuccessful doesn't mean the new is destined to fail.

You're right about that. However, I wasn't saying it would be successful or unsuccessful. Just that the last couple TV licenses haven't been good for Stern. However TSPP, Family Guy and The Sopranos were great games.

3 months later
#395 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Stern is NOT doing Walking Dead. Pure rumor.

No its not.

#411 10 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

OL it's like arguing religion...oh well.

Me: I don't believe in Walking Dead pinball! It does not exist!!!!

You: I have faith that Walking Dead exists!!!

Me: Prove it's real!!!

You: Prove it's not real!!!!

Trust me, Stern will be making a WD pin.

4 months later
#434 9 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I hope your right. Serious question...Have you been right about other future pins?

No, I just know on this one.

Quoted from Rarehero:

Doubt it, but if you're a fan of the show - I wish you luck!

I didn't guess at this title because I'm a fan. I just heard from a very reliable source several months ago.

#435 9 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I hope your right. Serious question...Have you been right about other future pins?

No, I just know on this one.

What I mean is that I never guess at the next title. It's not my thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 16.00
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pappyboyington.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-confirmed-next-stern?tu=pappyboyington and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.