68.jpg
14b5_the_walking_dead_monopoly_pieces.jpg
python comic.jpg
porkys.jpg
Walking Dead - WPT.jpg
shittens.png
chiller 2013 walking dead cigar.jpg
zombie.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jammer74.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 10 years ago

Everyone has an opinion ,I respect everyone's here ,but here's mine.

I don't post often but it's the Walking Dead.
I hope those that comment on the comic or show art and story differences actually know the different artists and storylines.
Zombies set aside, it is the the only tv show that I feel ever accurately depicts how different people would genuinely react differently in any catastrophic apocalyptic event.
Soap opera ,NO .
True Drama,YES!!
The difference with the story in the comic is, it is a comic. A different type of entertainment.
Two great ventures or outlets,if you will, of creativity that share the same title.
I personally am aware that the show is gritty and unrefined and the polished look of Stern's Tron and Star Trek fit the look of the movies. And I love both the movies and pins!! That being said I don't care what Metallica (epic band for decades) looks like it fits Metallica not the WD.,cartoonie is not comic art. At least not the walking dead.
Stern releasing a WD pin is very wrong.
There is no way anyone can set the scene to induce the feelings that the Walking Dead ,comic or show, does for me or honestly ,any hardcore fans in a pin. (imho) Unless you just have to say " I own that title". Are you that guy that has to have the next big thing regardless of what it is?

Large-scale companies or boutique producers alike would have a difficult time bringing this to the table and have it fit without tainting what the Walking Dead is -

Desperation,death,despair,struggle and survival of the human race.

I'd like to see it succeed for myself and whoever takes this on, but in all reality I hope no-one tries.
Be careful what you wish for people,
leave my Walking Dead alone. Please.

Post edited by jammer74 : did not want to disrespect metallica or the pin, can't compare apple's to oranges or metallica to walking dead.

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Let's not compare JJP to Stern in the code department, at least until JJP releases another game without finishing WOZ first (and I don't see that happening). Stern pumps games out too quickly for their own good.

As often as I don't post.....the unfinished code issue stern has with their games goes back long before Pinsides existence if I'm not mistaken. I don't understand the surprise or chatter it still creates. How far back before wof?
It can't be that big of an issue if stern is still selling games to the masses here. At this point it doesn't matter on the title ,it is a gamble that stern will ever finish code to any game produced.
Jack at least is upfront about updates anounces and releases them. The boutique scale game producers won't be released without being finished which backs the quality over quantity rule .
I can't buy NIB games but if I could I would have to be happy with it as it sits . You get what you pay for is the old saying . Hoping someone comes along later and says here , I'll spend time and money improving the car you bought last year is like blindly drinking the kool-aid imho. What would you say if your new car ran but only for trips of say 500miles and after that you couldn't go further ,same thing in an unfinished game.the trip is over. Drain your balls drop another quarter or hit start and hope you don't get that far.
Stern does follow through occasionally but what's the percentage?
Please anyone who can confirm games released in the last 8yrs how many were completed? Including games that get forgotten about because of lack of interest to the niche collectors like avatar ,rolling stones, big buck hunter,csi and so on ?
I know someone out there knows. So let's see a list? Please.

Disclaimer, I'm not bashing stern . I love Tron and hope the best for Star Trek . Ac/dc le is a great game though not a huge ac/dc fan. I'd like all games to be great players.
Unfinished code should not be acceptable. Updates should be more like recalls to improve unforseen bugs. I give stern credit for feeding us fresh titles regularly also , but understand,once the check clears there is no reason you get the heated seats or nav system they offer the next model year after you bought your car.
So again why all the chatter and debate ?it's the norm for stern, not a surprise .

Someone please , a list of stern titles listing which are fully coded and those left undone including the titles not sought after by collectors. Numbers don't lie.

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

I understand you points completely....the big gotcha you're going to run into is that not everyone agrees on whether or not a game is finished. There is no "finished" end statement in the code of these games. Whether or not they are finished is like beauty.....it's in the eye of the beholder.
For instance, many people thought Tron was complete and a great game before the massive update we got earlier this year. Still others think there should be a few more tweaks....

No insult intended to you but that is the ignorance that eneables stern to keep releasing unfinished games.
Rulesets , modes ,multiballs ,jackpots ,wizard modes and target values should all be complete before the game leaves the factory.
How many old school games were released "unfinished"? cactus canyon is only one of few anyone can name. Bop 2.0 is a tech update as well as ruleset. The game that has notably been updated recently from a lack of in-depth code is de star wars.
You've come to accept what stern does as normal when in the past, when there were 3 companies or more ,it wasn't acceptable.
I've only been in the hobby since 08 but I look back further than that for knowledge.
Again no insults intended here. I think of it were all laid out buyers and manufactuers alike would see the importance of releasing games with finished code. Maybe what the big "gotcha" as you put it is people like the surprise and drama of "code or no code". If that's the case then Stern has it right.

Again let's see a list.

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

Ignorance? Wow, you're not too bright, are you? Stop speaking for me and putting words in my mouth. Everything I said was correct. There are people who still think Tron needs another update, and a great many who says it's finished.
Do not put words in my mouth again.

unless I'm mistaken the simplest definition of ignorance is not knowing. I did not put words in your mouth I read what you typed. A game leaving the factory with unfinished code was unacceptable back in the day. Thinking that is what is acceptable and has been acceptable in the past is not knowing the truth.
I may be ignorant to the fact that you cannot read because I specifically said it was not an insult. This is the exact reason why I don't post often because of thin skinned ignorant ass keyboard commandos that skip over pertinent information to infer a reason to have more drama and ignore information and casual communication on a topic we all love. pinball.

And it's classic how most people are ignorant to the definition of ingnorance.
Can you see the difference between what you thought was an insult in my prior post compared to a real insult in the paragraph above?

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

Yes you did, jackass. You lumped me in with Stern apologists. Here's a quote from you.
"You've come to accept what stern does as normal when in the past, when there were 3 companies or more ,it wasn't acceptable."
I didn't come to accept anything. I was simply saying that "finished" is going to mean different thinks to different people.
Let's review.
1. Grow up.
2. Get an education from somewhere other an a community college.
3. Stop being a jackass.
4. Go to #1

"You've "was meant as a generalized statement to those that think it's acceptable.
I would hope most understand I could not say" we've "because I dont accept it.
as for education ,it can be bought but it's too bad intelligence can't be.
Same goes for wealth it can be had but not always earned or deserved.
As others are pointing out, your maturity or lack there of ,speaks for itself.
Again why I dont post often.

And still no list of sterns machines with finished code or unfinshed code.

#211 10 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

One problem is, to some people software will NEVER be finished.
"Oh if only it did this it'd be finished/better/complete"
Most games that are maligned constantly on the Internet only need a couple of things to complete them.
Tron was a good example. The last software update added extra balls and some new scoop graphics. Nice!
The list of games that are not completed (ie missing modes) include:
WOF
Xmen
Metallica
Star Trek
I'm not a coder. I'd have no idea how to do it. But I can't fathom why it would take so long to do it.
I've hand built a 15,000sqft warehouse in less time than it's taken to update the Xmen code LOL
I liked the idea of the interns" coming on board to finish old code like WOF.
This would cost Stern next to nothing and give them huge kudos if they did it.
That's what I'd do if I ran Stern.
rd.

Thank you for the list.
But I think I'm done posting my opinions for a while before I have to send anyone else some vagisil for hurting their feelings.

#215 10 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Send some to yourself! Thin skin!!
I keed, I keed.
Don't let these dudes get to ya. It's all Internet diatribe anyway.
Now who's the boldfaced LIAR who's-a callin' me a LIAR! DAGNABBIT!

Lol, well I was only going to share my stash anyway.
But no , it's hard to offend me . I am more bothered that the thread gets sidetracked by the B.S.
High class people don't always have class . They are 2 different things entirely.
I know respectful people who didn't even finish high school but have made millions.
As I said before you can buy education, but you cannot buy intelligence. Some people just cannot wrapped their brain around some things. The term book smart baffles me. The ability to retain what you read does not guarantee the ability to apply it. A natural ability called common sense.

I know what I know, I also know what I don't know, that isessentially the opposite of ignorance.
I love pinball, most of the people in the community are a joy to be around and can handle disagreeing . Others ,well, just think their opinion is right because they say they are.(please refer back a page)lol.
All in all, forums are just overrun with self made drama. I'd rather turn my tv on and watch the rest of this week's walking dead.
And thanks underlord for the ?kind? Words.

#245 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Ok, so at the Chiller convention, this guy comes over and wants to join. Everybody thought this was exciting. (I didn't know who the geezer was!) Turned out to be Scott Wilson (Hershel) from Walking Dead! He is now an Official Member of The Chiller Theatre Cigar Club!

chiller 2013 walking dead cigar.... 46 KB

YES!!Hershel!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 16.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jammer74.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-confirmed-next-stern?tu=jammer74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.