68.jpg
14b5_the_walking_dead_monopoly_pieces.jpg
python comic.jpg
porkys.jpg
Walking Dead - WPT.jpg
shittens.png
chiller 2013 walking dead cigar.jpg
zombie.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 10 years ago

Taking "confirmation" out of the picture, let's say that Stern has two choices as to make a TWD pin, or make a Rob Zombie pin. IMO, I think TWD is the wisest choice from a business perspective, but ONLY if it's the comic/tv license hybrid. Let me explain:

If TWD pin used the TV show characters and story lines within the pin, but used the artist from the comics to do ALL of the custom comic-esque playfield, cabinet and backglass art, then we might have something that will resonate with the casual player and hobbyist alike. Remember, Stern needs to cater to all possible facets of the gaming culture, from on-location ops to casual players with a garage arcade.

If you think a Rob Zombie pin will perform better on location that a TWD pin on theme alone, you're kidding yourself. And my problem with a RZ pin isn't the theme or music, I love them both, I think that the art style is too close between RZ and MET. The reason why MET is so special is because the art package is such an anomaly. Another horror-esque-rat-finkish art package from a RZ pin is just redundant and makes MET less special.

As overplayed and talked about zombies are, the first manufacturer to mass produce a zombie pin and market it well will get a lot of money on theme alone. TWD is pop culturally relevant, RZ is not at the moment.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Most everyone here would love to see an original theme from stern. It seems that stern does not have the stones to roll the dice on an original theme. Thank god for heighway and Spooky.

Good. It gives the new manufacturers a niché in the market. Original themes and IPs is what will set the new manufacturers apart from Stern. Stern is "set in its ways"; the "new blood" will bring in the new themes and will take risks. I am fine with this, variety is the spice of life.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

C'mon Stern get it together! How did an initially mismanaged startup company out code your incomplete games from 3 F'n years ago?

Because JJ had one game to code, Stern had 5 or 6.

Not defending Stern necessarily, I think Stern's coding philosophy stinks on ice, but at least compare apples to apples. If JJ was coding 5 or 6 different games in the same timespan, would they have been any more efficient than Stern? Maybe, maybe not, just doesn't seem like a fair comparison.

#78 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I'm just saying Stern is profitable & established. No excuse for this code issue.
......This pisses me off so much because I want a new machine lol

100% agreed and valid.

#87 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

You can't have a valid argument based on an invalid statement. The VUK was removed at the last minute because it wasn't working consistently. In my mind this avoided possible disaster and was not a cost cutting move or it would have happened long before the game was in production. If anything this cost them money.

I wasn't agreeing with the VUK, BOM comment, I was agreeing with the code issues. My fault for not modifying what I was quoting more, sorry

I was completely behind the VUK removal for ST, search the ST thread(s) and you'll find that I defended that decision.

My critiques of Stern are purely from a code and communications stand-point.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

I'd love it if they used the comic art though but they won't.

Assuming TWD is the next title, it's my understanding that it WILL be hand drawn comic art. This assumption is due to Stern representitives saying that announcing the artist for the next title would "give it away", lending to reason that the artist is known for a particular art style or series.

7 months later
#483 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

I cant quote it but look at the post. JJP said we dont need two TWD pins.

To play devil's advocate here, JJ could have also misinterpreted the info that the comic license had been taken. JJ might have just been told that the license was in use for "pinball" and assumed that it meant Stern, when in reality it was pertaining to the Virtua Pin version. All depends on how specific the info was that he was given I would think.

For the record: I hope it's TWD, but I just wanted to point out that it's just as plausible that JJ misjudged who was using the license as well and went with the stern assumption.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rcade.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-confirmed-next-stern?tu=Rcade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.