New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 68059)

Walking Dead confirmed ... next stern

By IBARAKURO

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 514 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by rommy
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image-524.jpg
image.jpg
hint.jpg
BC10.jpg
DSCN2223.JPG
DSCN2208.JPG
20140114_103542.jpeg
68.jpg
14b5_the_walking_dead_monopoly_pieces.jpg
python comic.jpg
porkys.jpg
Walking Dead - WPT.jpg
shittens.png
chiller 2013 walking dead cigar.jpg
zombie.jpg

There are 514 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from PEN:

I know what I will be looking for the next time a waste 20 bucks on slots.
Thanks for the pic!

Yeah, I went through $20 in a few minutes!

BTW, these slots were at Borgata in Atlantic City.

#352 6 years ago

That is a fantasy. Just the fact that you get drawn art in itself is the fantasy. You guys lucked out with Metallica. First and probably last time you will see that with Stern.

Neo,
Have you seen luci?

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

That is a fantasy. Just the fact that you get drawn art in itself is the fantasy. You guys lucked out with Metallica. First and probably last time you will see that with Stern.
Neo,
Have you seen luci?

yes, i have and told my guy that I want one for the same price I got my Premium for.

#354 6 years ago
Quoted from devils4ever:

I guess the gambling world beat us. Walking Dead slot machine!

20140114_103542.jpeg 131 KB

Slots are looking more and more like flight simulators.

This thread had me all excited when it started. Even started considering what I could sell to fund it. Now it's just depressing. :/ You had me going for awhile.

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Slots are looking more and more like flight simulators.
This thread had me all excited when it started. Even started considering what I could sell to fund it. Now it's just depressing. :/ You had me going for awhile.

+ 1, every time I see this thread pop up a part of me dies.

#356 6 years ago

am i the only one who could care less about zombies ! yawn

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

am i the only one who could care less about zombies ! yawn

You are not the only one

#358 6 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

Was told by my Dist Stern was worried about the Zombie Theme in Europe. I think Stern is missing the boat on this one and should do a Zombie game.

i heard this also a while back...Stern is concerned with sales from overseas market with The Walking Dead...hmmmm....might be some truth to it all.

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from perryd:

i heard this also a while back...Stern is concerned with sales from overseas market with The Walking Dead...hmmmm....might be some truth to it all.

yea, because i'm sure Wheel of fortune was going to cross over seas well? ;/

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, because i'm sure Wheel of Fortune was going to cross over seas well? ;/

Believe it or not, most European countries bought the rights of WoF... we had this show going on for years ("La roue de la fortune" 1986-1997 and 2006-2012 according to Wikipedia). But I doubt that many WoF fans are pinheads...

Quoted from perryd:

TWD is very popular here. There are probably far more TWD fans than Mustang fans on this side of the Ocean.

#361 6 years ago

that is amazing. I would think WOF would be unheard of anywhere but here. Not that it was hitting the pinball audience either way, but still.

#362 6 years ago

The Walking Dead, the dream pinball machine... what modes would it have? Toys? Features? How do you make this theme fun?

#363 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The Walking Dead, the dream pinball machine... what modes would it have? Toys? Features? How do you make this theme fun?

It is kind of my dream machine, Ben, but you are correct. When I try to envision it, I can't see how i comes together with modes and features that make it fun. "Bam! Shoot the Zombie! Bam! Shoot the Zombie!" then what?

I was trusting in Trudeau and Lyman to figure out the fun part, but I guess that dream is over...

#364 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

...I don't see any problems with violent in/on a pinball game.
I guess you killed a ton of people in your last video game you played and it was fun isn't it?

A good dark horrortheme with deep atmosphere is fun enough for me and very rare in pinball.
Only BSD and MSF comes in mind...both are very good games!

There are lot's of cool modes and feature for the theme, hands popin out of the playfield, cannon shots, drop targets out of the playfield, hit outlanes in time to kill something growing inside you...when turn into a zombie yourself - maybe twisted flippers...enough cliche's for a pinball game for sure.

#365 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Shoot walkers, sure. Escape horde...rescue friends from enemy camp, scavenge supplies, build protection, travel and find friends along routes, car chases with governor, cdc modes, collect weapons, lots to do just like video games, except with pinball.

Very R rated gore infested game. Lots of walker biting. A RIPPIN AND A TEARIN!

#366 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Shoot walkers, sure. Escape horde...rescue friends from enemy camp, scavenge supplies, build protection, travel and find friends along routes, car chases with governor, cdc modes, collect weapons, lots to do just like video games, except with pinball.

Drop holes like trolls in mm except they grab the ball, hiding spots...lane change ramps like TS with the phurba...which way to run?

Magnet grabs ball, gotta hit ball with second to free yourself or friend from walker attack.

Spinning disc to shoot many balls like weapons fire and try to hit all walker drop targets.

#367 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that is amazing. I would think WOF would be unheard of anywhere but here. Not that it was hitting the pinball audience either way, but still.

They have had an Australian version of it since the 80's. Though I don't think it has been on for a few years.

1 week later
#368 6 years ago

Your retailer owes you an apology.

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yea, because i'm sure Wheel of Fortune was going to cross over seas well? ;/

If that was the idea, then there should have been translites for each host/hostess pair around the world, instead of just ours.

#370 6 years ago

I'm ready.DSCN2223.JPGDSCN2208.JPG

#372 6 years ago

Any chance we can change the name of this thread since it is not really "confirmed?"

#373 6 years ago

Will be waiting a real long time for this game, because stern has no plans to do this theme.

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Will be waiting a real long time for this game, because stern has no plans to do this theme.

And you source is??

#375 6 years ago

regardless of loving or hating the show - this would be a lame pin. Really think about it. The callouts would be cold dark, and bleak. When have you ever laughed at something on this show. The show is a slow grind waiting to see how the survivors will self destruct a little more or have some dark conflict with another group over basic survival necessities. Even the action is not rock em sock em style action. Its one pathetic band of survivors fighting off another with a few guns or taking out zombies with any tool at hand.

I don't mind the show - used to like it lots - but its just too bleak to have any redeeming qualities as a game. Way better options to bring zombies to a theme than walking dead.

Of the top 100 pins, they are a combination of colorful, humorous, or based on something with action (big explosions, super heros, sci fi). TWD is none of those things.

#376 6 years ago
Quoted from Hobbypinball:

regardless of loving or hating the show - this would be a lame pin. Really think about it. The callouts would be cold dark, and bleak. When have you ever laughed at something on this show. The show is a slow grind waiting to see how the survivors will self destruct a little more or have some dark conflict with another group over basic survival necessities. Even the action is not rock em sock em style action. Its one pathetic band of survivors fighting off another with a few guns or taking out zombies with any tool at hand.
I don't mind the show - used to like it lots - but its just too bleak to have any redeeming qualities as a game. Way better options to bring zombies to a theme than walking dead.
Of the top 100 pins, they are a combination of colorful, humorous, or based on something with action (big explosions, super heros, sci fi). TWD is none of those things.

There are plenty of pinball machines that I love that have absolutely no humor in them. I think this is a naive view to say that it has to be like the other top 100 to be a good pin.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from KillyKillall:

Any chance we can change the name of this thread since it is not really "confirmed?"

No.

#378 6 years ago
Quoted from KillyKillall:

There are plenty of pinball machines that I love that have absolutely no humor in them. I think this is a naive view to say that it has to be like the other top 100 to be a good pin.

yes - and are they also colorless, void of any fantasy or sci fi visuals, bleak, serious, without an easy to identify protagonist or antagonist?

If they are then you are indeed entitled to your favorites, but you'd be in the minority. Nothing naive (or wrong) about being in the minority. That does not make it a good theme for the masses nor a money maker for Stern.

#379 6 years ago

Here are a few ideas tossed around over on the Bash.

Walkers, Biters, Skin Eaters. I'm ready for some Governor Multiball!

Michonne multiball - decapitate 2 walkers, chop off their arms then establish a link.

What about Darryl? I'm sure he would have a killer mode. What would it be?

That would be Daryl's "Crossbow Hurry-Up"!

A video mode like on BSD but shooting walkers instead of wolves.

#380 6 years ago

Daryl's mode could be a sharp shooter Hurry-Up mode..similar to Royal Madness in MM.

#381 6 years ago

Not true. BSD, Frankenstien, few other titles were 'bleaker' and not exactly action packed, but transferred over to good pin designs.

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Not true. BSD, Frankenstien, few other titles were 'bleaker' and not exactly action packed, but transferred over to good pin designs.

So they'd be in the minority then?

#383 6 years ago

So they'd be in the minority then?

Thats why a TWD (comic based) pin might work.

...most of the pins are not that unique and atmospheric like BSD or MSF IMO.

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

I'm ready.

DSCN2208.JPG 131 KB

DSCN2223.JPG 149 KB

Nice work Mike!

#385 6 years ago

I don't understand why on a shooter rod mod you would want to have a head? Who wants to grab a guys head to plunge? Maybe a crossbow or gun would be cool, not human heads....

#386 6 years ago

stern should just do a George Romero pin instead...you could have a whole zombie themed pin and the license would cost about 10% of TWD.

#387 6 years ago
Quoted from BeaverBrewing:

stern should just do a George Romero pin instead...you could have a whole zombie themed pin and the license would cost about 10% of TWD.

That would be awesome. They could even format it so that you progress through Dawn of the Dead, then to Day of the Dead, then wizard mode = Zombocalypse!

#388 6 years ago

...Nope you're wrong, comic art is much better for Stern and pinball.

Good hand drawn art on a new game THAT would be awesome!

#390 6 years ago

wake me at Steve Ritchie's or JJP's next pin

#391 6 years ago

Genuine, if lazy (since I don't want to read through all this) question, has this confirmation been confirmed yet? Or, uh, hell, even haphazardly corroborated?

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Genuine, if lazy (since I don't want to read through all this) question, has this confirmation been confirmed yet? Or, uh, hell, even haphazardly corroborated?

Stern is NOT doing Walking Dead. Pure rumor.

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from mikeincali:

And you source is??

A reliable one.

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from pale:

I want a TWD-pin, that or a Die Hard pin

I can't believe a Die Hard pin has never been made, couldn't get Bruce Willis to sign on? Yippee ta Yay or however it's written would be a classic call out on a pin.

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No its not.

#396 6 years ago
Quoted from aberdeentp:

I want a TWD-pin, that or a Die Hard pin

I don't want another movie-pin in the next 5 years!!

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Thank you.

Carry on.

#398 6 years ago

LOL it's like arguing religion...oh well.

Me: I don't believe in Walking Dead pinball! It does not exist!!!!

You: I have faith that Walking Dead exists!!!

Me: Prove it's real!!!

You: Prove it's not real!!!!

~~Infinity~~

#399 6 years ago

Ben - I think if there was a way to do pop up targets that slowly slide down the playfield toward the flippers as zombie walkers, that would be fun.

#400 6 years ago

Good threads don't die. They just adapt.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 514 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside