68.jpg
14b5_the_walking_dead_monopoly_pieces.jpg
python comic.jpg
porkys.jpg
Walking Dead - WPT.jpg
shittens.png
chiller 2013 walking dead cigar.jpg
zombie.jpg
There are 514 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I'm still holding out hope they get it and will start to put more of an emphasis on code but my patients is running out quicker than MMR threads are popping up.

I realize ST just came out with incomplete code but can we all just chill a little bit on this topic? Now if a thread that has anything to do with Stern comes up it always gets railroaded into code bitching.

Can't we all just agree that if you want a game with complete code then wait until it's to a point that makes you happy. If you don't mind getting updates then go ahead and buy the game early. I really doubt we are going to see any new pinball machines being shipped with complete code. It's just the way things are. Buy or don't buy.

#152 10 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I realize ST just came out with incomplete code but can we all just chill a little bit on this topic? NO JUST

Until they start to demonstrate they are improving in the code department I don't think many are going to chill a little bit on the topic.

I really doubt we are going to see any new pinball machines being shipped with complete code. It's just the way things are. Buy or don't buy.

The issue is not with complete coding on new machines but rather acceptable. It was not acceptable on XM, not great on MET, and pretty weak so far on ST. What I'm hoping for is less titles per year and better code shipped with new titles.

#153 10 years ago

Until they start to demonstrate they are improving in the code department I don't think many are going to chill a little bit on the topic.

You got me before i finished editing my post. I accidentally hit the return button before I finished my post, LOL.

#154 10 years ago

Yes because we spend a lot of money on these games with the assumption they will code it properly. Those of us with X-men are still pissed.

TRS - never got updates after 1. TAV - I assume this game is done and that's a shame , X - men - who knows

there's 3 pins that needed updates that are recent and I think abandoned.

If you buy a Stern you may have a 50/50 chance at seeing complete code before the game is retired. - That's quite sad.

#155 10 years ago

The issue is not with complete coding on new machines but rather acceptable. It was not acceptable on XM, not great on MET, and pretty weak so far on ST. What I'm hoping for is less titles per year and better code shipped with new titles.

Good points. I think we all agree that we know what to expect when buying a new Stern or JJP game. Constantly derailing any thread that has to do with Stern with code bitching is getting old. Of coarse people are going to do what they want and say what they want. I'm just stating my point of view.

#156 10 years ago

Constantly derailing any thread that has to do with Stern with code bitching is getting old.

Yes, because this thread is so full of relevant facts that we shouldn't get distracted from. The next game announcement is a little more than 2 months out, Stern isn't going to tell you shit before then. Meanwhile the code problem is getting worse, not better, so shutting up about is both unlikely and counterproductive.

There's on easy way to fix the code problem, Stern can stop releasing games with subpar code, communicate clearly about the plans for code updates, and stop bringing the problem down upon their own heads. Until then, you're probably just going to have to deal with it.

#157 10 years ago

Constantly derailing any thread that has to do with Stern with code bitching is getting old

True but we have really peaked at a point where we have game prices raised over and over and several top selling titles with code being a big issue. Its really boiling over.

#158 10 years ago

Before I have said I would be in on TWD pin, but I will be patient and see how the game release goes and what the code and gameplay are actually like. It's a lot of money to drop on something that may be sub par, I would rather reserve 6 grand for a really good existing pin then take my chances. I hope it turns out well and I buy it though, would be great.

#159 10 years ago

Revolt!

Rebel!

Revolution!

What do we want? Code!

When do we want it? Now!

#160 10 years ago

Good points. I think we all agree that we know what to expect when buying a new Stern or JJP game. Constantly derailing any thread that has to do with Stern with code bitching is getting old. Of coarse people are going to do what they want and say what they want. I'm just stating my point of view.

It might be getting old but Stern need to get the message and at the very least communicate via their stupid facebook page!

They spend hours messing around on that page. Why they can't use it to communicate properly is mind boggling as despite what they think, it is costing them revenue for sure

#161 10 years ago

Yes the lack of code completion is annoying and one of the main reasons I passed on ST or MET. I suppose I will wait and see when the code is complete if I want either of them. So not giving my money for incomplete code is my way of discouraging this behavior

#162 10 years ago

#164 10 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

So what is the next title for Stern??

A music pin....

#165 10 years ago

Can we please stop this stupid speculation on new games
while the one announced is not even shipped in all versions

and while older machines have uncompleted codes and are not very enjoyable to play !!

This new Pinball hype takes the focus away from existing machines with unfinished codes.

Slow down Mr Stern, two games a year is better.
I bought last 4 games NIB and I don't play them !!

No Longer buying NIB, wait I will for 2 years each time !

#166 10 years ago

Your Dudesness is so right !!

#167 10 years ago

I'm going to take a nap too...........wake me up whenever Stern gets a clue and appears to care about finishing some code that people paid big bucks for!

And it has nothing to do with trolling Stern, love my almost complete Ac/dc and "complete" SM, Lotr Le, and Wpt......haven't cared before this ST thing that I signed up for but after reading all these threads I really don't see why people put up with the BS from a company that has been around for long time, has to compete now for new business and should know better...........whatever, to each his own

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

I bought last 4 games NIB and I don't play them !!

Pity you don't have any other games to play in the meantime!

#169 10 years ago

Let's not compare JJP to Stern in the code department, at least until JJP releases another game without finishing WOZ first (and I don't see that happening). Stern pumps games out too quickly for their own good.

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Please god no....

I say bring it on.

ACDC and MET are both great pins.

#172 10 years ago

I keep popping in on this thread from time to time to see if this confirmation has been confirmed. :-/

#173 10 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

I keep popping in on this thread from time to time to see if this confirmation has been confirmed. :-/

Quoted for truth.

#174 10 years ago

Music eh? That's the one person I trust the most. So is it finally Zep? What's cooking?

#175 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yes, because this thread is so full of relevant facts that we shouldn't get distracted from.

This is just one of many threads that have been derailed from the topic. All i'm saying is there are threads out there for code talk, can't we at least try to keep threads on topic? Seems like a good idea to me.

#176 10 years ago

The first facebook comment in this photo is pretty hilarious.

hahaha.pnghahaha.png
#177 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Pity you don't have any other games to play in the meantime!

Like your comment LOL

#178 10 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Please god no....

Well I guess it could be -

KISS
Led Zep
Iron Maiden

Guessing KISS.

#179 10 years ago

Seems a little off saying that recently released pins and the code they are supported with derail a thread regarding a potential new pin for the company releasing them (Stern). To me it is not derailing but focusing on what is important. Not just fan boy stuff but aspects that players that buy new pins would like to see done better. What is truly getting old IMO is new pins with ever increasing price tags not being supported with adequate code.

I guess we will just have to agree to disagree that this type of discussion 'derails' speculation on what the next thyme will be because to me theme doesn't matter if the maker is not invested and dedicated to supporting the majority of their releases with solid code.

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

A music pin....

Run to the hills ....

Run for your life.

rd.

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Let's not compare JJP to Stern in the code department, at least until JJP releases another game without finishing WOZ first (and I don't see that happening). Stern pumps games out too quickly for their own good.

As often as I don't post.....the unfinished code issue stern has with their games goes back long before Pinsides existence if I'm not mistaken. I don't understand the surprise or chatter it still creates. How far back before wof?
It can't be that big of an issue if stern is still selling games to the masses here. At this point it doesn't matter on the title ,it is a gamble that stern will ever finish code to any game produced.
Jack at least is upfront about updates anounces and releases them. The boutique scale game producers won't be released without being finished which backs the quality over quantity rule .
I can't buy NIB games but if I could I would have to be happy with it as it sits . You get what you pay for is the old saying . Hoping someone comes along later and says here , I'll spend time and money improving the car you bought last year is like blindly drinking the kool-aid imho. What would you say if your new car ran but only for trips of say 500miles and after that you couldn't go further ,same thing in an unfinished game.the trip is over. Drain your balls drop another quarter or hit start and hope you don't get that far.
Stern does follow through occasionally but what's the percentage?
Please anyone who can confirm games released in the last 8yrs how many were completed? Including games that get forgotten about because of lack of interest to the niche collectors like avatar ,rolling stones, big buck hunter,csi and so on ?
I know someone out there knows. So let's see a list? Please.

Disclaimer, I'm not bashing stern . I love Tron and hope the best for Star Trek . Ac/dc le is a great game though not a huge ac/dc fan. I'd like all games to be great players.
Unfinished code should not be acceptable. Updates should be more like recalls to improve unforseen bugs. I give stern credit for feeding us fresh titles regularly also , but understand,once the check clears there is no reason you get the heated seats or nav system they offer the next model year after you bought your car.
So again why all the chatter and debate ?it's the norm for stern, not a surprise .

Someone please , a list of stern titles listing which are fully coded and those left undone including the titles not sought after by collectors. Numbers don't lie.

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from jammer74:

As often as I don't post.....the unfinished code issue stern has with their games goes back long before Pinsides existence if I'm not mistaken. I don't understand the surprise or chatter it still creates. How far back before wof?
It can't be that big of an issue if stern is still selling games to the masses here. At this point it doesn't matter on the title ,it is a gamble that stern will ever finish code to any game produced.
Jack at least is upfront about updates anounces and releases them. The boutique scale game producers won't be released without being finished which backs the quality over quantity rule .
I can't buy NIB games but if I could I would have to be happy with it as it sits . You get what you pay for is the old saying . Hoping someone comes along later and says here , I'll spend time and money improving the car you bought last year is like blindly drinking the kool-aid imho. What would you say if your new car ran but only for trips of say 500miles and after that you couldn't go further ,same thing in an unfinished game.the trip is over. Drain your balls drop another quarter or hit start and hope you don't get that far.
Stern does follow through occasionally but what's the percentage?
Please anyone who can confirm games released in the last 8yrs how many were completed? Including games that get forgotten about because of lack of interest to the niche collectors like Avatar ,Rolling Stones, big buck hunter,csi and so on ?
I know someone out there knows. So let's see a list? Please.
Disclaimer, I'm not bashing stern . I love Tron and hope the best for Star Trek . Ac/dc le is a great game though not a huge ac/dc fan. I'd like all games to be great players.
Unfinished code should not be acceptable. Updates should be more like recalls to improve unforseen bugs. I give stern credit for feeding us fresh titles regularly also , but understand,once the check clears there is no reason you get the heated seats or nav system they offer the next model year after you bought your car.
So again why all the chatter and debate ?it's the norm for stern, not a surprise .
Someone please , a list of stern titles listing which are fully coded and those left undone including the titles not sought after by collectors. Numbers don't lie.

I understand you points completely....the big gotcha you're going to run into is that not everyone agrees on whether or not a game is finished. There is no "finished" end statement in the code of these games. Whether or not they are finished is like beauty.....it's in the eye of the beholder.

For instance, many people thought Tron was complete and a great game before the massive update we got earlier this year. Still others think there should be a few more tweaks....

#183 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

I understand you points completely....the big gotcha you're going to run into is that not everyone agrees on whether or not a game is finished. There is no "finished" end statement in the code of these games. Whether or not they are finished is like beauty.....it's in the eye of the beholder.
For instance, many people thought Tron was complete and a great game before the massive update we got earlier this year. Still others think there should be a few more tweaks....

No insult intended to you but that is the ignorance that eneables stern to keep releasing unfinished games.
Rulesets , modes ,multiballs ,jackpots ,wizard modes and target values should all be complete before the game leaves the factory.
How many old school games were released "unfinished"? cactus canyon is only one of few anyone can name. Bop 2.0 is a tech update as well as ruleset. The game that has notably been updated recently from a lack of in-depth code is de star wars.
You've come to accept what stern does as normal when in the past, when there were 3 companies or more ,it wasn't acceptable.
I've only been in the hobby since 08 but I look back further than that for knowledge.
Again no insults intended here. I think of it were all laid out buyers and manufactuers alike would see the importance of releasing games with finished code. Maybe what the big "gotcha" as you put it is people like the surprise and drama of "code or no code". If that's the case then Stern has it right.

Again let's see a list.

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

he big gotcha you're going to run into is that not everyone agrees on whether or not a game is finished.

Big difference from Tron getting some love to Xmen, Met and ST. While everyone won't agree on all games they will most certainly all agree on these.
We can put ACDC on a wish list but the other titles are major issues.

#185 10 years ago

Ignorance? Wow, you're not too bright, are you? Stop speaking for me and putting words in my mouth. Everything I said was correct. There are people who still think Tron needs another update, and a great many who says it's finished.

Do not put words in my mouth again.

#186 10 years ago

This Title is perfect with the predicament they are in right now. Because if they don't start finishing code on games that are 2 years old..they'll be just this "The Walking Dead"....

#187 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

Ignorance? Wow, you're not too bright, are you? Stop speaking for me and putting words in my mouth. Everything I said was correct. There are people who still think Tron needs another update, and a great many who says it's finished.
Do not put words in my mouth again.

unless I'm mistaken the simplest definition of ignorance is not knowing. I did not put words in your mouth I read what you typed. A game leaving the factory with unfinished code was unacceptable back in the day. Thinking that is what is acceptable and has been acceptable in the past is not knowing the truth.
I may be ignorant to the fact that you cannot read because I specifically said it was not an insult. This is the exact reason why I don't post often because of thin skinned ignorant ass keyboard commandos that skip over pertinent information to infer a reason to have more drama and ignore information and casual communication on a topic we all love. pinball.

And it's classic how most people are ignorant to the definition of ingnorance.
Can you see the difference between what you thought was an insult in my prior post compared to a real insult in the paragraph above?

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from jammer74:

I don't post often because of thin skinned ignorant ass keyboard commandos that skip over pertinent information to infer a reason to have more drama and ignore information and casual communication on a topic we all love. pinball.

Awesome!

#189 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

There are people who still think Tron needs another update, and a great many who says it's finished.

I have Tron and AC/DC and I feel they are "mostly" complete. Both have a few things that could be added/modified/change. Are they both fantastic games as is? Yes, they are both excellent as is.

#190 10 years ago

KISS Confirmed as next Stern title.

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from jammer74:

unless I'm mistaken the simplest definition of ignorance is not knowing. I did not put words in your mouth I read what you typed. A game leaving the factory with unfinished code was unacceptable back in the day. Thinking that is what is acceptable and has been acceptable in the past is not knowing the truth.
I may be ignorant to the fact that you cannot read because I specifically said it was not an insult. This is the exact reason why I don't post often because of thin skinned ignorant ass keyboard commandos that skip over pertinent information to infer a reason to have more drama and ignore information and casual communication on a topic we all love. pinball.
And it's classic how most people are ignorant to the definition of ingnorance.
Can you see the difference between what you thought was an insult in my prior post compared to a real insult in the paragraph above?

Yes you did, jackass. You lumped me in with Stern apologists. Here's a quote from you.

"You've come to accept what stern does as normal when in the past, when there were 3 companies or more ,it wasn't acceptable."

I didn't come to accept anything. I was simply saying that "finished" is going to mean different thinks to different people.

Let's review.

1. Grow up.
2. Get an education from somewhere other an a community college.
3. Stop being a jackass.
4. Go to #1

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

KISS Confirmed as next Stern title.

guess TWD will wait.

yyyyyyyahoooooooo, can't wait to get my kiss pinball.

hope it's the cartoon version.

#193 10 years ago

Relax dudes

Chill on the insults too BTW

Some of you guys need to hug it out via PM

#194 10 years ago

I'm relaxed.....but I give as good as I get.

#195 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Relax dudes

Chill on the insults too BTW

Some of you guys need to hug it out via PM

Short fuses on here lately.... I think they need to eat more BACON!!!!!

#196 10 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

2. Get an education from somewhere other an a community college.

A.You know where he went to college?
B. Folks that did are not smart enough for you?

Just saying!

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

A.You know where he went to college?
B. Folks that did are not smart enough for you?
Just saying!

A. Simple Logic
B. Probably not, since I went to the Harvard of the Mid-West.

#198 10 years ago

I know tradesmen making almost $200K a year

I know educated professionals struggling

Who is smarter?

The leveraged college boy or the liquid laborer?

(Insert pink Floyd song here)

Anyway we are getting way off topic, back to our MMR, JJP & Stern fights!!!

#199 10 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I know tradesmen making almost $200K a year
I know educated professionals struggling
Who is smarter?
The leveraged college boy or the liquid laborer?
(Insert pink Floyd song here)

Anyway we are getting way off topic, back to our MME, JJP & Stern fights!!!

You guys are reading too much into the education slam....LOL!

#200 10 years ago

That's because we were not educated at the Harvard of the midwest

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
6,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Springfield, OH
Machine - For Sale
Glendale, AZ
$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 16.00
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

There are 514 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walking-dead-confirmed-next-stern/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.