Topic Stats

• 514 posts
  • 189 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rommy
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
image-524.jpg
image.jpg
hint.jpg
BC10.jpg
DSCN2223.JPG
DSCN2208.JPG
20140114_103542.jpeg
68.jpg
14b5_the_walking_dead_monopoly_pieces.jpg
python comic.jpg
porkys.jpg
Walking Dead - WPT.jpg
shittens.png
chiller 2013 walking dead cigar.jpg
zombie.jpg

There are 514 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
#1 6 years ago

My retailer has confirmed that the next stern is: Walking Dead

and this is good news
a very good news

a John Trudeau Pinball ?

walking-dead.jpg

#2 6 years ago

Interesting that this is confirmed with Star Trek LE just starting on the line. I hope release is for Feb - Narch and that Gary's comments of 6 games in 18 months is definitely not happening.

#3 6 years ago

Yep. Trudeau hopefully will hit this out of the park. He did great with CFTBL. He has dark humor down to a science.

Now, who's doing the dots? Lyman has been off for awhile, as sr had someone else on st.

#4 6 years ago

Boy are people going to be disappointed. This rumor started on pinside.

#5 6 years ago

I think this is much more likely...

image-49.jpg

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I think this is much more likely...

image-49.jpg 377 KB

Let's hope not

#7 6 years ago

I really hope TWD is in the upcoming lineup, I am not feeling the Muppets?

M.jpg
#8 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Boy are people going to be disappointed. This rumor started on pinside.

Stern would be disappointed. The people have spoken. Any other title would be committing company suicide.

Sterns track record of STLE timing release after hype has cooled and lackluster ruleset on st pro, along with Gary spouting junk at expo with no real news, I'm not sure who's running the place lately. Even for Gary some of the choices have seemed, well, unusual.

#9 6 years ago

When is the release. It would be poor form to release prior to good code on Metallica and ST. They should finish Xmen code and TAV code before they retire them

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Sterns track record of STLE timing release after hype has cooled and lackluster ruleset on st pro, along with Gary spouting junk at expo with no real news, I'm not sure who's running the place lately. Even for Gary some of the choices have seemed, well, unusual.

All of this is Stern's MO.

Last year's expo they didn't even show Avengers. Gary gave his usual speech, he never breaks news. Again it was pinside rumors that said the question mark ad in the expo program was from Stern, and then that became that Gary was going to announce their next title at his speech. Then we learned the ad was not from Stern at all, but people were still disappointed Gary didn't announce their next title.

#11 6 years ago

I love that "confirmed" means a "pin slinger in Europe told me."

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

When is the release. It would be poor form to release prior to good code on Metallica and ST. They should finish Xmen code and TAV code before they retire them

Seems stern is overwhelmed on coding, so doesn't look likely for older model updates anytime soon if ever.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from TheRave:

I love that "confirmed" means a "pin slinger in Europe told me."

HEY! He was there when the guy said it. That much confirmed!

My guy on the inside told me for a fact stern has the license to TWD and Trudeau expressed heavy interest in it. All but locked in solid for either this title or at most, secondary right after. But Gary wants this released while or just after this season of the TV show.
Pf design was started before title announcement, so not the first time a designer finds out later what theme he's working on. If Trudeau is excited about it, THAT excited, well, you can fill in the blanks.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Seems stern is overwhelmed on coding, so doesn't look likely for older model updates anytime soon if ever.

My money is safe if that's the case.

#15 6 years ago

Am I the only one that DOESNT want a game based on TV SHOW/MOVIE/ROCK BAND?? Enough already. How about some originality for a change Mr. Stern??

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainFantastic:

Am I the only one that DOESNT want a game based on TV SHOW/MOVIE/ROCK BAND?? Enough already. How about some originality for a change Mr. Stern??

As my other dream title is Iron Maiden, yes. You are the only one. :p

I keed, I keed!

#17 6 years ago

I thought it was the WD comic and not the TV show...

#18 6 years ago

comic would be much better.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Stern would be disappointed. The people have spoken. Any other title would be committing company suicide.

Quoted from mario_1_up:

comic would be much better.

You beat me to it. Stern could make a machine called "Unfinished Code" and pinsiders would eat up the LE's, start a billion new love threads on it, and still be surprised when they don't complete the code.

#20 6 years ago

TWD would be a cool theme... as fast as they kill off characters in the tv show a pin with peoples faces would get old fast IMHO. So the comic book makes more sense...

Now a Zombie only pin as an LE or something would be awesome!

#21 6 years ago

With respect, Gary has stated numerous times that in order to stay in business they must go with a franchise of some kind. Several threads discuss this topic. I am a modern pinball collector and I enjoy and relate to themes and or movies/artist. A lot of people have wanted a Zombie theme. Now there may be several manufacturers doing a zombie theme-wow. I really hope if Stern does do a TWD that they do an artist rendition and not use repro-graphics. Metallica turned out to be a work of art(;

#22 6 years ago

I'd prefer Resident Evil for Zombies. Lots of hot babes, cool toys, and sets to base it on. Somehow a farm and a prison don't seem as exciting as what we've seen in the 5 Resident Evil movies so far. Another is due out in September. Who knows, maybe there's enough Zombie demand for TWD and Resident Evil both next year.

#23 6 years ago

Walking dead, really? The zombie theme is cool, but the characters on that show are so drab and boring. Just do a zombie theme and forget the licensing. Evil dead/army of darkness is so much better with good humor in it.

#24 6 years ago

Walking Dead would be amazing. Tired of music and super hero pins (although I love both).

Can't get enough zombies. If this is true then Stern and Spooky both get my money.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Walking Dead would be amazing. Tired of music and super hero pins (although I love both).
Can't get enough zombies. If this is true then Stern and Spooky both get my money.

As long as they base it more off the theme of the show and not the characters of the show... I don't want the backglass and cabinet plastered with pics of Billy Bob Sheriff and hillbilly Daryl.

#26 6 years ago

Yeh TWD seems to be true. Not sure what to think if its based off of the TV series. Hoping to get a PRO as previous LE's have been lackluster compared to the great playing pros

TAV, AC/DC and Tron are the only 3 games I prefer the LE to the PRO.

ST is still undecided.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

As long as they base it more off the theme of the show and not the characters of the show... I don't want the backglass and cabinet plastered with pics of Billy Bob Sheriff and hillbilly Rick.

Make a Darrel edition for the fans

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

Stern could make a machine called "Unfinished Code" and pinsiders would eat up the LE's, start a billion new love threads on it, and still be surprised when they don't complete the code.

Maybe the next Stern should be "Unfinished Code". Every time you complete a mode, additional code is unlocked. The beauty of it is that it could be upgraded pretty much forever, and yet never be done. It would be the ultimate Stern.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Walking dead, really?...the characters on that show are so drab and boring...

exactly, if it does happen, if... i hope it's not from the show, the show doesn't go anywhere, same story week after week after week.... acting is poor, sets are average, story lines are like ''all my childrens'' soap opera.

it's a rumour, won't happen, stern won't do that kind of theme or a non licence theme.

well if it does, my money stay here that's for sure.

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinmeister:

Maybe the next Stern should be "Unfinished Code". Every time you complete a mode, additional code is unlocked. The beauty of it is that it could be upgraded pretty much forever, and yet never be done. It would be the ultimate Stern.

No. The way it really works, is the farther you get, the more the code is unfinished until you get to that great "Wizard Mode Multiball" placeholder multiball.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

With respect, Gary has stated numerous times that in order to stay in business they must go with a franchise of some kind. blockquote>

Well that's too bad. I have NO IDEA how many machines are sold nowadays but if there are several thousand wanting to buy a MM Remake I gotta believe there is money to be made on another NON-MEDIA related theme. As far as Walking Dead...seen the show...not impressed..SOS after awhile. Comics?? Im 50 Years old...a little past the Comic Book stage (Although I owned a BB Card/Comic Store in my Mid 20's) Guess I will cast my Vote for an Alice Cooper Pinball machine...The arsenal of "characters" that could be used would be incredible...and you would have a Guillotine, A Noose, A Snake and some Dead Babies scattered across the playfield.

#32 6 years ago

Sons Of Anarchy pin!! Thats where its at.

#33 6 years ago

This game should be interesting

#34 6 years ago

It's not the walking dead

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

It's not the walking dead

You seem to know what it isn't. So what is it then?

#36 6 years ago

Don't forget that Superman is coming at some point - Stern has teased it repeatedly for quite some time.

#37 6 years ago

make a walking dead, make a liscened theme, make a whatever, just make one where you commit to finishing the code...this way i can have some confidence in buying.

#38 6 years ago

whatever they make. Lets hope it's customers wait to buy one after they play one. Only then will you see a finished and full game when it's done. And if not that game. It would be the next one.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

As long as they base it more off the theme of the show and not the characters of the show... I don't want the backglass and cabinet plastered with pics of Billy Bob Sheriff and hillbilly Daryl.

I think that if it's done where you as the player are transported into that world of survival with the characters as a side note then it would work really well.

I'm a huge fan of the show, but it's been tough the past season and half. The first episode was so fantastic that it propelled and carried that first season all by itself. If Trudeau is making it I feel that he can take everything that is good in the series and add his own unique spin on it to make a fantastic game.

I'm crossing my fingers.

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

A translite featuring a large image of Jeff Bridges on TRON and the non GQ look of the members of ACDC did not seem to affect the popularity of those games.

But I get what you are saying.

#41 6 years ago

My OUIJA board confirmed it too

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Honestly, with the number of women with mad Daryl crushes the Daryl LE would be the rare pin with an art package that might be more appealing to women than men...

#43 6 years ago

Kudos to Stern. They keep making the themes everyone always wanted like TF, X-MEN, Avengers, and now TWD because people will buy them before any information is even released. Then when the code is not done months later people will complain and say it's their last NIB Stern. I am sure there will be another justifiably price increase for this machine so they can keep up with the JJP and MMR pricing.

#44 6 years ago

Someone should get some hot walkers with big boobs to hand out flyers teasing the game.

#45 6 years ago

"Run! She's a Zombie!

image-620.jpg
#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

You seem to know what it isn't. So what is it then?

The OP seems to think it is twd. Spreading false rumors doesn't get anywhere. Twd really makes no sense to do; tv series pins have not gone over welk for stern in the past. Fgy and tspp may be the only pins they did well that was based on a tv show and those are cartoons? Theres a chance it could be twd, but its a very very slim chance; i wouldnt believe too many predictions on pinside, including mine. All that said, my best guess is it will be a rob zombie pin

#47 6 years ago

If you want orginal there are a ton coming from Ben Heck, Spooky Pinball, JPop, P3 and many others.

#48 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Twd really makes no sense to do; tv series pins have not gone over welk for stern in the past.

Who is to say it is based on the TV series? Might be the comic book.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Who is to say it is based on the TV series? Might be the comic book.

Good point. But at the same time the op makes a thread titled 'confirmed' yet has no proof to back it up?

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

If you want orginal there are a ton coming from Ben Heck, Spooky Pinball, JPop, P3 and many others.

What is your definition of "coming"?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 199.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
5,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chandler, AZ
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
La Verne, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 514 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside