View topic image gallery

0EE8B447-8EF4-4AD2-A866-3797FBA67B5E (resized).jpeg
RI86LOX.jpg
RCRQ7PB.jpg
image.jpeg
twd_good.jpg
twd_bent.jpg
TWDPIC.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lodgingdolphin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 8 years ago

I had this same issue except well over 50% of the time the ball would hit the pop bumpers first and not reach the skill shot. I tried adjusting the plunger with only a slight variation in the amount of successful plunges. I sent photos and videos to my distributor and he suggested adjusting the outer ball guide that ends where the ball exits the shooter lane. At first I just tried bending it and that only helped slightly.

I determined that the ball guide was most likely not installed in the correct location. There are two mounting holes in the ball guide at the end where it curves. First I tried just loosening these screws and shifting the ball guide. The screws fit pretty tight in the mounting holes so I couldn't make much of an adjustment. I moved it as much as I could, but it wasn't enough. Then I decided that only way to shift the ball guide further would be to drill the ball guide mounting holes to a larger size. I hated the thought of doing this, but I hated the skill shot problem even more. I drilled out the holes and kept moving the guide, tightening the screws, and performing test plunges. It took about 5-6 tries before I finally got it into a position that worked. I did this back in February and have had a 99% plunge skill shot success rate ever since. TWDPIC.jpgTWDPIC.jpg

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from Ven:

You can also use a very small crescent wrench on the end of the metal guide to slightly bend and adjust it. You don't have to redrill holes that way.

I don't recommend redrilling those holes unless nothing else works. I only did that as a last resort after not getting good results from bending the guide. Either way I hope the OP can correct the issue. TWD is now my favorite pin.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

LodgingDolphin, how difficult is it to access that metal guide? It seems complicated removing those ramps.

If I remember correctly there was a plastic piece or two that had to be removed with a few screws. Then I loosened the ramp enough to slide it out of the way. After all that it was a tight space to work in, but still manageable. Definitely try other suggestions first. I only drilled out the openings on the guide itself and nothing on the playfield was modified.

I regretted this purchase at first due to this problem and the early code. Now with updated code and the problem fixed it's the best (most fun) pin I've ever owned.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lodgingdolphin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walkind-dead-shooter-problem?tu=lodgingdolphin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.