20%
  • do not buy this game ... 7 votes
    6%

(117 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
walking_dead_premium_or_pro.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Pro is much faster and harder

Don't beleive this, it's nonsense. The pro is harder, there is no doubt. But faster? Hell no! I have documented in other threads if you want to have a read exactly why the pro plays MUCH slower then the premium. One of the main reasons is no Woodbury drop target. So every time you hit the Woodbury shot the ball goes into the shooter lane, then wait a few seconds, then shoots into skill shot lanes, then wait a few seconds, then into the pop bumpers, then wait a long time, then finally to the flippers if it doesn't drain right from the pops. Super slow and annoying. Do yourself a favour and pick up the premium or you will regret it like so many before you.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

Wondering how many Premium/LE owners are disabling features to make their game play like a pro. And wouldn't doing so mess up functionality of the coding?

I can almost guarantee zero are. Why would you? You would just buy a pro instead.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

My only- the drop bank targets on the left, Pro has stand ups

I do beleive this is incorrect. I'm pretty sure the pro also has the three drop target bank as well.
You need to add an "s" to spinner and you forgot walker bombs, how could you

Quoted from flashinstinct:

Having played both and not having that much income to spare on pinball I would take the PRO. If I had the money to spare I would buy a PREM

Well said and I'm pretty sure this is everyone's situation.

#44 8 years ago

Best choice you could have made. Congrats!

#51 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Here is my $.02
I have a pro and love the game. I would love to have an LE/Prem, it seems very very cool, but the price difference is too much for what you get IMO.
Everybody raves about the walker bombs, and some even say that's the reason they bought the Prem/Le. Those sound pretty cool and I'd love to have them, but are they worth $1500-$2000 more? I don't think so. All you're really getting with walker bombs is a $2 button and software. I think Stern could put walker bombs in a pro very easily. You could use the start button to activate them. This wouldn't restart the game since you have the hold the start button to restart. They could even extend the restart button hold to 5 seconds or so. Also, if you're playing a 1 player game, they would have to get the game to stop adding another player on ball 1. Easily done, just only allow the player to add another player for the first 10-15 seconds or so. Kudos to Stern for tricking people into paying a ton more for a game for a $2 button. I don't like it, but it's a smart business move to get more money.
I also hear a lot of complaints about the BG ramp, so I've go no problem with that missing from the pro. There are already 2 bash toys, I'm not dying without a third one.
The magnet in front the the well walker, don't mind not having it at all. I actually like to be able to hit him and know where my ball will be after that. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE magnets, but the prison has one, so I've got my magnet fix on that game. I also hear that the well walker magnet is too close to the flippers and creates some brutal drains at times. No need to make this game any tougher than it already is.
The crossbow, I'd like to have that, but I also hear a lot of complaints about it. I wish that on the pro, they would give you 3 seconds or so to control the ball instead of killing the crossbow shot on the first switch hit. It would nice to be able to get the ball to the right flipper to shoot some left side shots first.
The $10 spinner....don't care at all that it's missing.
The $10 drop target...don't care at all that it's missing.
The fish tank...don't care at all that it's missing.
The light show...now that is something I would like to have, but not a deal breaker for me.
So all in all, I'm very happy with the pro. I don't see myself upgrading to a premium. Maybe if it was $500 more, but not at the price point they are at now. I'd rather save that money and have more games. I would say if you're budget minded, go with the pro. You won't be disappointed.

Too bad thumbs down doesn't exist anymore

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Pro. The ramp diverter on the Prem I saw worked like *hi* and felt annoying, rather than an added feature I can't like without. Crossbow=poor design and implementation. I could go on, but there is no point. People gonna buy what they buy.
Now this is a huge generalization but... I have yet to see a real showstopper from Stern that would make me spend thousands more on a Prem/LE game. When I do see it, I will let Pinside know. Trying to be subjective about all these "awesome" features, but they are 90% "eye candy" IMHO.

Probably the stupidest thing I've read on this thread. Expected from a pro owner trying to justify a lessor machine. Not even worthy of a good response

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

LOL! I was waiting for your response. If anyone is ever looking for quartergrabber, just post something not 100% positive about TWD pre/LE. He will come running as fast as he can to jump in front of that bullet! I swear, you are always right on someones ass that says the pro is good for any reason, and you immediately have to say why they're an idiot.

Just look at how rude you are. Do you really think that's an appropriate response. Did you actually give birth to TWD premium/LE? Is that why you always have it's back no matter what. If it killed someone, would you take them blame?

I'm not disputing the pro is a good machine in its own right. What I am disputing and will continue to dispute is that the "pro plays better/faster" that "the pro is the better machine"......... Ummmmm NO! If you are on a budget the Pro is a good machine to pick up, better then a lot of the recent Sterns. And yes I will step in front of a bullet for TWD LE. It killed three people last week and I took the rap, ALL THREE TIMES!

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Did I ever once say that the "pro plays better/fast" or that "the pro is the better machine"......
Ummmmmmm NO! I simply explained in detail why I didn't think the added cost was worth it TO ME for the premium/LE.

Let's not make this all about you sweetheart

#59 8 years ago

Well said! That is exactly what he was doing. Bashing the premium/LE features to justify his pro. He even made an entire separate troll thread about it. Someone has some free time on their hands.

#64 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

I don't own the game. But keep on "assuming", I don't mind others ignorance.
Using your logic, why couldn't any "pro owner" suggest that you are justifying your purchase of a premium with these same facts? "Better" machine is an opinion. Cash is fact. There is a difference. Are there any premium features on any Stern that are poorly implemented in your opinion? Please use examples. warning: cheap attempt to call out a PrEma Donna, Stern fanboy.
There's no reason to criticize user's opinions as to the price difference of a Pro/Prem Stern. People are going to state opinions on both machines in a thread like this...
It's not fair to interject crazy reasonings like - "that guy likes the pro better, he must be poor or wrong." Anyone displaying these beliefs is just jumping to conclusions...

Yeah, stern fanboy, sure. More then half my collection isn't even stern and I have been pulling away from stern and more towards the boutique companies lately. The point is he was specifically making points to bash the premium/LE version. You can label it as an"opinion" but people with half a brain in their head will see it for what it actually is. Warning: cheap attempt to call out an attention seeker and BW fanboy

#66 8 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Yeah, I guess I deserve that... but in my defense, I have owned 80+ pins from 13 different pinball Manufacturers.

Yeah I was just fooling around. It's just the Internet, nothing's serious here

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Edster:

Is it possible to change the calls outs or was that blocked as well in the latest update(s)?

Easy to change with one simple file update. Did you finally get one?

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Nice debate. Stern wants to give people different rules based on the game model, and there's nothing we can do about it. Stop buying Premium/LE, Stern will think people don't want the extra features. Stop buying Pros and Stern will think that the rule changes make the Pro obsolete. I'd rather see a single gameplay platform, but alas, it's a losing cause.

LE's with different rules has been happening since Tron and DP multiball. No one stopped buying premiums/LE's after that, and they won't after this either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
PinballGeek

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Machine - For Sale
Eau Claire, WI
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.95
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Sacramento, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider quartergrabber.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walkind-dead-pro-or-premium?tu=quartergrabber and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.