20%
  • do not buy this game ... 7 votes
    6%

(117 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpeg
walking_dead_premium_or_pro.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighttrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 8 years ago

Here is my $.02

I have a pro and love the game. I would love to have an LE/Prem, it seems very very cool, but the price difference is too much for what you get IMO.

Everybody raves about the walker bombs, and some even say that's the reason they bought the Prem/Le. Those sound pretty cool and I'd love to have them, but are they worth $1500-$2000 more? I don't think so. All you're really getting with walker bombs is a $2 button and software. I think Stern could put walker bombs in a pro very easily. You could use the start button to activate them. This wouldn't restart the game since you have the hold the start button to restart. They could even extend the restart button hold to 5 seconds or so. Also, if you're playing a 1 player game, they would have to get the game to stop adding another player on ball 1. Easily done, just only allow the player to add another player for the first 10-15 seconds or so. Kudos to Stern for tricking people into paying a ton more for a game for a $2 button. I don't like it, but it's a smart business move to get more money.

I also hear a lot of complaints about the BG ramp, so I've go no problem with that missing from the pro. There are already 2 bash toys, I'm not dying without a third one.

The magnet in front the the well walker, don't mind not having it at all. I actually like to be able to hit him and know where my ball will be after that. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE magnets, but the prison has one, so I've got my magnet fix on that game. I also hear that the well walker magnet is too close to the flippers and creates some brutal drains at times. No need to make this game any tougher than it already is.

The crossbow, I'd like to have that, but I also hear a lot of complaints about it. I wish that on the pro, they would give you 3 seconds or so to control the ball instead of killing the crossbow shot on the first switch hit. It would nice to be able to get the ball to the right flipper to shoot some left side shots first.

The $10 spinner....don't care at all that it's missing.

The $10 drop target...don't care at all that it's missing.

The fish tank...don't care at all that it's missing.

The light show...now that is something I would like to have, but not a deal breaker for me.

So all in all, I'm very happy with the pro. I don't see myself upgrading to a premium. Maybe if it was $500 more, but not at the price point they are at now. I'd rather save that money and have more games. I would say if you're budget minded, go with the pro. You won't be disappointed.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Too bad thumbs down doesn't exist anymore

LOL! I was waiting for your response. If anyone is ever looking for quartergrabber, just post something not 100% positive about TWD pre/LE. He will come running as fast as he can to jump in front of that bullet! I swear, you are always right on someones ass that says the pro is good for any reason, and you immediately have to say why they're an idiot.

Probably the stupidest thing I've read on this thread. Expected from a pro owner trying to justify a lessor machine. Not even worthy of a good response

Just look at how rude you are. Do you really think that's an appropriate response. Did you actually give birth to TWD premium/LE? Is that why you always have it's back no matter what. If it killed someone, would you take them blame?

Maybe, just maybe, you could let someone have an opinion that's different than yours and just accept the fact that they are entitled to that opinion.

#55 8 years ago

I'm not disputing the pro is a good machine in its own right. What I am disputing and will continue to dispute is that the "pro plays better/faster" that "the pro is the better machine"......... Ummmmm NO! If you are on a budget the Pro is a good machine to pick up, better then a lot of the recent Sterns. And yes I will step in front of a bullet for TWD LE

Did I ever once say that the "pro plays better/fast" or that "the pro is the better machine"......
Ummmmmmm NO! I simply explained in detail why I didn't think the added cost was worth it TO ME for the premium/LE.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I upgraded this week from a pro to premium only for this feature. It's a game changer much like acdc vip pass. The feature has nothing to do with BOM of the parts.

Well said Markmon. All valid points. Ya never know, maybe I'll end up getting a premium one of these days. I do love this game and it's quickly becoming my favorite in my modest collection. I may want to have the full featured version of my favorite game. $1500 is definitely not life changing and could be worth it. If a used premium were to pop up locally, I'd definitely be tempted to pick it up. For now though, I'm happy as hell with the pro and money in the pocket. Thanks for the well versed response!

#68 8 years ago
Quoted from IBARAKURO:

I think everyone would agree: THE Walking Dead is a great game (PRO, LE or PREMIUM)

Yes. Both versions are awesome. It's funny when I think about how much I disliked this game when it first came out and how much I like it now. Thank Lyman and the team for the great code the game has now.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

So are the Walker bombs just like smart missile from Jurassic Park and Last Action Hero? Just wanted to know exactly what it is.

Yeah pretty much

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.95
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newton, NJ
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 6.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 599.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Hi-Rez Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nighttrain.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walkind-dead-pro-or-premium?tu=nighttrain and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.