Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Jimmydred
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Walked into a bar with three pins - MET, ST and WOZECLE.  Hey at least this isn't another thread about MMR.I put $3 and played 5 games on each.  

First up was ST.  I did not like the clear ramps or lack of toys.  Looked very cheap. Play was solid feeling though.  I liked hitting the ship and locking a ball but thought moving ship was lame.  The movement was what they should have done for TFLE.  Loved the steep Delta ramp. Havent seen one that steep since Stargate.  Fun to watch ball loop back to the flippers.  In fact that is one if the funnest shots in pinball. Cabinet looked nice but playfield art and lighting were average at best.  Fun but won't buy one.

Next up WOZECLE.  It felt very slow at first compared to STLE.  After awhile I am focusing more on rules and got to see some new animations etc.  I am thinking this game has a lot of stuff going on. Would consider adding one of these, as the rules would keep me busy a long while.

Finally played METLE with sound turned off.  Kind of wonder what the point of playing was without being able to listen to music.  Enjoyed it anyways but nothing in gameplay stood out.  This game needs some more rules.  Playfield and cabinet were gorgeous.  Wouldn't consider buying one.

I left having had a great evening and a good but of variety.  I would lean towards getting another top B/W or one of the more established Sterns (with complete code) over these latest offerings.

#2 10 years ago

Whoa! I didn't think the Star Trek LE was out yet....How was the Laser Show??

#3 10 years ago

It must have been the regular. I thought moving Enterprise equalled LE. I will adjust my post.

#4 10 years ago

Are these pins in Atl or are you outta town ?

#5 10 years ago

Did you play these on location in ATL?

#6 10 years ago

met with no music. i wouldnt buy either. with on the other hand... i already did no rrgrets on the pro.

#7 10 years ago

Thats not the enterprise at the top of the PF.

#8 10 years ago

I thought this was another joke thread! Walked into a bar...ouch!

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Two blondes walked into a bar... The redhead ducked

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Did you play these on location in ATL?

No that was Pioneers in NYC.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from Sparky:

Yep got me too!

#12 10 years ago

Ditto... Expected joke. Your are right about it not being another MMR thread. Cant look on Pinside without stepping in one and tracking it all over the house. Thanks for the laugh, even though it was serious location sighting with some cool machines. I wonder why the sound was off on METLE??? Buzz kill!!!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walked-into-a-bar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.