Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MTPPC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

• Taxi Williams, 1988

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brent149.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 10 years ago

People like this are what's wrong with the hobby. You could have always asked for more pics or details. Nobody knows the meaning of firmly committing anymore. You can't promise to take something and back out. That's called a dick move. Moral of the story: always take a deposit.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Man, all you people with your "WORD IS BOND" are nuts. You don't buy a pin until you inspect it, period. If it's not what it seemed, you haggle, or you walk. Seeing something at a previous buy is not inspecting it. A price discussed on the phone is just a starting point, nothing is set in stone until you pop the glass and the backbox and check things out.
I did a deal with a fellow Pinsider where I saw pictures, we agreed on a price, and he drove it all the way out to me. Turns out there were some issues I hadn't been able to see (not the seller's fault). I told him sorry, I can't pay what I offered, and made him a lower offer based on the changes. I would have felt bad if he drove off with it after that effort, but that didn't mean I was going to pay more than I felt it was worth. Luckily we agreed a price and it all worked out, we still talk, he's a good guy. But if he'd decided to drive off then so be it.

The difference is you didn't guarantee that guy you'd buy it and tell him to call off another seller.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 109.00
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 99.00
Cabinet Parts
Gizmorama Pinball

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider brent149.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/walked-away-from-a-dealwas-i-wrong?tu=brent149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.