(Topic ID: 113001)

Wal Mart selling Pinball for Christmas 2014

By MrBally

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-845.jpg
    image.jpg
    Wal Mart Pinball.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Only $9.97 at US locations.

Wal Mart Pinball.jpgWal Mart Pinball.jpg
    #2 9 years ago

Mechanical Fun for sure, "Arcade Style Pinball", Not so much.

Great stocking stuffer.

#3 9 years ago

Age 14+ ???

So 13 and under either can't figure the machine out or choke on the balls when they tip the machine back to eat them.

"Vintage Americana"......Made in China

#4 9 years ago

At that point they should just put "ages 21+" and in a "subtle" fashion market it as a home drinking/gambling game. I don't see a "For Amusement Only" label. haha

Honestly, I wonder if the QC is just so bad that they misprinted "Age 4+" as "Age 14+" or something.

#5 9 years ago

Isn't that more of a pachinko machine....?

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Isn't that more of a pachinko machine....?

No, more of a bagatelle machine which is where pinball traced it roots from in virtually all pinball hstorical reference books.

#7 9 years ago

Oh yeah that is certainly "arcade style" lol

#8 9 years ago

arcade in the 1800's

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

No, more of a bagatelle machine which is where pinball traced it roots from in virtually all pinball hstorical reference books.

Oh is that the machine that had the nails and holes the ball would fall in, but still at a slight angle like a pin. Pachinko is straight up and down?

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from northvibe:

Oh is that the machine that had the nails and holes the ball would fall in, but still at a slight angle like a pin. Pachinko is straight up and down?

Yes and yes.

#11 9 years ago

Dont buy one people, I heard they are going to release a premium version if this one sells well!

#12 9 years ago

How Luxurious!!!!

#13 9 years ago

You gotta give walmart credit for having the games made before they asked for your cash.....

#14 9 years ago

I saw these at mine. There are also smaller tabletop versions too for 24.99. Where's Jared?

image-845.jpgimage-845.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Dont buy one people, I heard they are going to release a premium version if this one sells well!

The one I took pictures of is a Premium per the box. Look for an LE in January.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Only $9.97 at US locations.

Wal Mart Pinball.jpg 143 KB

I don't see the power cord?

#17 9 years ago

Too stop and go for me. Where's the flow???

#18 9 years ago

Well this suck's all those other pinball manufacturers can't compete with a huge company like Wal-mart.

#19 9 years ago

Who are the designers, if it's a Richie, Lyman combo I'm ordering without needing to play first.....code will kick arse in 12 months time...trust me

#20 9 years ago

I'm not buying one unless they include the schematics.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

How Luxurious!!!!

The absolute definition of luxury.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from txstargazer3:

Too stop and go for me. Where's the flow???

It has a 7 ball multi-ball and multiple avenues of flow!

Just tilt it up and set it back down!

#24 9 years ago

Chinese made Walmart POS is now luxury defined.
    What a joke.
    This is the first year we didn't decorate or buy any gifts, the commercial push started in Sept. and by the end of Oct. I was sick of all of it.
    We are planning a nice family dinner and that's it.
    Can't wait until the damn emails stop and that stupid annoying Fathead commercial gets shelved for another year.

#25 9 years ago

It's got pins and it's got balls. Pinball!

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

What a joke.
    This is the first year we didn't decorate or buy any gifts, the commercial push started in Sept. and by the end of Oct. I was sick of all of it.
    Can't wait until the damn emails stop and that stupid annoying Fathead commercial gets shelved for another year.

Ummm, Merry Christmas to you as well?

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from RonB:

Ummm, Merry Christmas to you as well?

Out here they say Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas is no longer PC.
    I still say it by accident, old habits are hard to break.

#28 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

I saw these at mine. There are also smaller tabletop versions too for 24.99. Where's Jared?

image.jpg 213 KB

image-845.jpg 181 KB

I'm afraid to mention I got the above one as a Christmas present. It was ridiculously terrible and I hated it.

Then I sold it, got Star Trek and loved the ever living hell out of it.

#29 9 years ago

OK, I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get mine chrome plated or black powder coated.

Think it would look better with cool white or warm white LEDs?

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from TrainH2o:

LED's???.........I still don't see a power cord.

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

LED's???.........I still don't see a power cord.

It runs off Christmas Magic. No power required.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from TrainH2o:

Ohhhh I seeee.....wireless.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

What a joke.

Jesus...I'd hate to be your kids!

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

are coin mechs included?

Check the website of their affiliate.

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

What a joke.

"You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch....."

#37 9 years ago

I see a possible splinter in whoever buys this's future...

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

What a joke.

well there goes my fathead...

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from TrainH2o:

AKA Duracell.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from TrainH2o:

OK, I'm trying to decide if I'm going to get mine chrome plated or black powder coated.

you're thinking too tekky now, pull 2 pins out and replace them with birthday candles for timed play tournament scoring on the optional abacus backbox thats sold separately.

#41 9 years ago

Bad News: I didn't see these at Wal-Mart today.

Good news: I discovered that you can now buy Sriracha Mayo!!!

#42 9 years ago

Is there a tech support hotline?

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Jesus...I'd hate to be your kids!

My kids are adults now and realize there is no Santa Claus.

#44 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballmike217:

Is there a tech support hotline?

Yes, but not toll-free:
    Country Code: 86
    (755)21512288

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Out here we say whatever we want and have a great time doing so.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

I saw these at mine. There are also smaller tabletop versions too for 24.99.

I have the Star Wars Free Standing Pinball toy, got it for $50 NIB awhile back before I was ready to buy a real pinball machine.

The only pro really compared to a commercial grade pin is that the thing works as expected since there's very little that can break and you could certainly buy non-pinball things for $50 that are a lot less enjoyable.

There's no real bumpers though (all those things that LOOK like bumpers are just circular scoring targets), the thing in the middle is freaking loud and spins like mad, able to whip the ball at insane speeds, the lights on the playfield don't really follow any sort of pattern, the flippers take a surprisingly large amount of force to push in all the way and are comically huge, (in fact, if you press both flippers in half-way you can completely block the ball from draining), the lack of rubber surfaces means the ball really doesn't "bounce" off of anything, it runs off of 3 C-cell batteries and there's NO option for an AC adaptor, and the score display only goes up to 99,900, which is VERY easy to get to.

It IS ultimately intended as a children's toy though. In short bursts it's OK, but you wouldn't want to play it for more than 5 to 10 minutes at a time. : P

#47 9 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

I say it on purpose. Merry Christmas! Who gives a rats ass if it's considered PC or not.

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gemini:

I have the Star Wars Free Standing Pinball toy, got it for $50 NIB awhile back before I was ready to buy a real pinball machine. : P

last spring I stumbled into one of these for 40 bucks, popped about 20 extra LED's into it and a blue EL-wire to the long clear ramp. 4 passes through the upper right spinner (hard to get to!) gives an extra ball, up to 3 if you can get em. actually pretty good for what it is, same as (Saitek) Route 66.

#49 9 years ago
    Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

last spring I stumbled into one of these for 40 bucks, popped about 20 extra LED's into it and a blue EL-wire to the long clear ramp. 4 passes through the upper right spinner (hard to get to!) gives an extra ball, up to 3 if you can get em. actually pretty good for what it is, same as (Saitek) Route 66.
    » YouTube video

You are an expert on modding those guys out!!! I'm going to swing by walmart....ugh.... and see if they have any of those left.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

» YouTube video

Horizontal video? 240p?

I expect more from a Hoosier!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wal-mart-selling-pinball-for-christmas-2014 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.