quarteronstring.jpg
#1 10 years ago

Who's with me

#2 10 years ago

I can't wait to play one, either.

#3 10 years ago

Naw.......

#4 10 years ago

I'll be waiting with my usual bait. Hasn't let me down yet.

quarteronstring.jpgquarteronstring.jpg

#5 10 years ago

StarTrek?
New pin coming out or something?

#6 10 years ago

Well I am. Paid for it yesterday.

#8 10 years ago

I hope whoever is in enjoys it. There's been lots of negativity, but all that matters is that you like it! I was really looking forward to the release as I really enjoyed Star Trek back in the day.

#9 10 years ago

Paid for mine last week.

#10 10 years ago

Yeah, I bought one. It looks awesome, I want a NIB pin, and I loves me some Star Trek (and SR).

The negativity doesn't bother me because every corner of the internet is flooded with histrionic piffle. If what I read on the internet is true, all top-grossing video games are complete trash, every new movie is derivative nonsense, all new tech is broken and worthless, everybody is ugly and fat, and this moment in history is the worst moment in history with its badness * one billion.

#11 10 years ago

Yeah I can't wait for my ST. It won't be long now though. I got in line on March 5th, so it has been a while.

#12 10 years ago

I'm waiting to pull the trigger, but I genuinely can't wait to see how that warp ramp to upper flipper shot flow feels.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Ilthuain:

Yeah, I bought one. It looks awesome, I want a NIB pin, and I loves me some Star Trek (and SR).
The negativity doesn't bother me because every corner of the internet is flooded with histrionic piffle. If what I read on the internet is true, all top-grossing video games are complete trash, every new movie is derivative nonsense, all new tech is broken and worthless, everybody is ugly and fat, and this moment in history is the worst moment in history with its badness * one billion.

No LCD fact not piffle.

Art is a step back from Metallica fact not piffle.

I sold my TZ for this a unfortunate fact.

Their better be a cannon hidden in their somewhere.

#14 10 years ago

Will the lighting be like J.J. Abrams, with the light flares hitting your eyes from the back glass?

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

No LCD fact not piffle.
Art is a step back from Metallica fact not piffle.
I sold my TZ for this a unfortunate fact.
Their better be a cannon hidden in their somewhere.

It's funny how opinions become facts depending on who holds them.

- I don't want an LCD. I don't think the time/cost of developing higher-quality assets is worth it on a pinball machine. For some people, it is.

- Even though I respect Dirty Donny as an artist, I'm not a fan of Metallica playfield art. It's just not my style. Therefore, the art in Trek as a "step back" is not FACT, it's an opinion.

- So you had very specific expectations for this pin. In order for this pin to meet your expectations, it had to have an LCD, have art of equivalent "quality" to the art on Metallica, and have a cannon mechanism. Without first seeing the product, you sold another high-value table with the assumptions that it would meet or exceed your personal expectations. IMO, it seems like you were setting yourself up for disappointment.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Ilthuain:

- Even though I respect Dirty Donny as an artist, I'm not a fan of Metallica playfield art. It's just not my style. Therefore, the art in Trek as a "step back" is not FACT, it's an opinion.

I agree. I think a beavis and butthead theme would have fit that artwork better than met.

#17 10 years ago

Please define "bated breath".

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

From "The Straight Dope:"

Dear Straight Dope:

I pride myself on my knowledge of word and expression origins - after all, I have acquired most of it from reading your columns/books for over five years. But recently I was stumped, and even after consulting my Straight Dope Reference Library, I still had no answers.

Pray, could you search your reference library (AKA gray matter) and tell me - what is the origin of "bated breath"? I, and many of my associates, had mistakenly thought it was "baited." As a confessed member of the teeming millions, I can do nothing but embrace my ignorance, and turn to you for guidance.

— Leslie in Wilmington, DE

What, Leslie, you thought maybe people were chewing on worms?

If your extensive research had involved a dictionary, you would have easily found the word "bate," meaning:

"To moderate or restrain (a variation of "abate"): to bate one's enthusiasm, and, "to lessen or diminish," and "with bated breath - in a state of suspenseful anticipation."

"Bated breath" has been around a long time. Here's the first cite in the Oxford English Dictionary: "1596 Shakespeare, Merchant of Venice i. iii. 125 'With bated breath, and whispring humblenesse.'"

Maybe someday the Teeming Millions will all invest in a good dictionary, but I won't bate my breath.

— Terey

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Yeah I can't wait for my ST. It won't be long now though. I got in line on March 5th, so it has been a while.

Wasn't that against Stern's policy?

Just busting balls.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wow. Not very well-read, are you? This is not a new phrase, not by a few centuries at least....

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Not very well-read, are you?

Some read me loud and clear. I could say you seem to be gay, and that would mean I think you're happy. Another very old term.

#22 10 years ago

funny o-din!

#23 10 years ago

I'm waiting until I can play one before I put down my hard earned money. Not to concerned that Stern will run out of Pro models.

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Some read me loud and clear. I could say you seem to be gay, and that would mean I think you're happy. Another very old term.

Nice compensation. But the evident remains evident. The meaning of the phrase you didn't know hasn't changed since well before you were born. Pretty piss-poor logic you're using. (BTW, I see what you did there, but I'm not gonna stoop to your semi-literate level.)

#25 10 years ago

You just keep on batin', and I'll keep on laughin'. How's that?

#26 10 years ago

I'm an LE fanatic. Other than my B/W titles, and my SM, all my pins are LE's. I will never go back to a Premium, nevermind a Pro. But this is just one man's OCD.

On that note, I'm not seeing ANY gameplay or toy info on the STLE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/waiting-with-baited-breath-for-star-trek-pro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.